Bourne Ultimatum FM15 Challenge

Bourne Ultimatum FM15 Challenge

You wake up in the port of Dover(England), Hamburg(Germany), Malaga(Spain) the choice is yours. In you're back pocket is you're passport and a Continental C license certificate. An old man approaches you at the port and says he remembers watching you playing on TV (Professional at Regional Level) and then asks how you have managed to evade the authorities for this long, before you can ask him why the authorities are after you, he turns and walks off into the shadows. The phone box near you starts ringing, you walk over and answer it. A man on the other line explains that you will spend the next 15 years of you're life on the run, if you can make it to the year 2030 without being caught, you will be free to live the rest of you're life and manage wherever you like. He then gives you a set of instructions which you must adhere to, if you are to succeed.

*You are Unemployed

*You must get a Managerial role within (England, Germany or Spain) to start with

*You start of with a Continental C License and Experience as a Professional at Regional Level

*To keep authorities from arresting you, bribes must be paid every month. After you're "First Job" you cannot be unemployed for longer than 2 months. Meaning if you are sacked or resign, you must have a new job within 2 months and it cannot be in the same country. Otherwise you are arrested and it's game over

*You only have 3 years in each job, before you must run from the law and move country, if you stay longer, you are arrested and it's game over.

*Their are only certain continents or countries you can enter and get employment in every 3 years, which I will list below.

2014/2017 (end of season) - You can only work in England, Germany Or Spain (The challenge starts as soon as you're employed)

2017/2020 (end of season) - You can only work in France, Italy, Portugal or Holland

2020/2023 (end of season) - You can only work in Argentina or Brazil

2023/2026 (end of season) - You can only work in Sweden, Denmark or Norway

2026/2029 (end of season) - You can only work in USA or China

2029/2030 season - You can only work in Mexico or Russia

If you survive that long, you earn you're freedom, congratulations.

If you would like to participate add you're name on here and you're first team, you will then be expected to update on this thread you're progress and employment history in the form of screenshots.

If you make it to 2030 you're name will be added to this post as one who survived the challenge.

I will pick at random one person who successfully completes the challenge and gift them FM2016 at the release of BETA through steam. So if you can complete the challenge. Make sure you send me you're Steam I.D - And I will enter you into the prize draw.

FAQ

So why take on this challenge?

Well I'm guessing that to start with if you have stumbled upon my thread, you're looking for a challenge in FM15. My thinking behind this challenge was to go against the grain of how I have played the previous FM series. Usually taking a small club and building them into European champions or building on an already established team.

However this year I have decided that I would like to explore more of the game, by which I mean all the different leagues and teams that are on offer and create a manager who had a wealth of experience in every continent to add to his CV.

If you're someone who enjoys creating a career based story and posting in the forums, then you can really let you're imagination run wild and take the premise of the story line behind this challenge and create something very interesting for others to read as well. Or maybe you aim to to reach to top of the in game hall of fame rankings, in which it's easier to achieve by having success with multiple clubs. Or of course you just like competing against other players and comparing you're achievements to their's.

What are the rules behind leaving clubs at the end of the season and the 2 month allocation to find a new one ?

Firstly lets deal with the (EOF) season rules, which will apply to you every three years during the challenge. At the end of the 2017, 2020, 2023, 2026, 2029 and 2030 in which the challenge officially ends. You will have to move onto the next part of the challenge, where you will only be allowed to join a team in the specified countries for those (3) years. This means that you will have the whole pre-season of the club you're leaving, to find yourself another job, if you fail to find another job in the specified countries for those (3) years of the challenge then you will fail.

The 2 months allocation rule only implies within the time frame of when you're not supposed to be moving club. Basically if you get sacked or resign from you current club, you will only 2 months to get find another position or you will fail. For example If you were managing in England in 2016 and have been sacked from you're club, you would then have two months to find a job either in Germany or Spain.

Another way you will fail this challenge is if you use up all the available countries you can manage in within the 3 year time frame. For example if between 2014/2017 you worked in England, Spain and Germany and were sacked from a German league team before the 2017/2018 pre-season you would fail because you had used up all available options.

Why is the challenge set up like it is?

I have set up the first 6 years of the challenge 2014-2020 based on the reputation of the leagues. I believe the first 6 years will be the most important one's if you are going to go on a succeed in completing the challenge because it will be purely European based football. Ultimately by 2020 you should have built up a good enough reputation with a few trophies behind you to easily enough entice teams of the South Americas, Scandinavian, Asian and American leagues to want to hire you.

How should I set up at the start of game?

The rules of you're manager will be that he holds a Continental C license and has had previous experience as a Professional at Regional Level. In terms of leagues you will have to start with - England, Germany and Spain in you're database, I would recommend you try and include every league you can from each country but it's purely down to what you think you can run on you're computer. In terms of adding the other four leagues France, Italy, Portugal and Holland, again it's you're choice to add them all at the start or add them in game.

What proof should I show here

Obviously their is no way I can prove that you're not saving and reloading if you fail, but then that's really down to you're integrity as a person. What I would like to see is screenshots of every time you leave a club and join another one, so I can see if you made the two month allocation. Screenshots of the new club you join every 3 years as within the rules of the game and you're managerial history to be updated here every 3 years. Along with anything you want to share with the community because it will be interesting to see what happens during you're challenge.

Will you be giving away a free copy of FM16 in a prize draw to one person who completed the challenge?

If the Challenge is success here and we get more than 5 people who complete it then yes it would be nice to reward those whose took part and achieved.

Is their a closing date?

No i'd like it remain open for now and let people hop on board as they please, since the game has just been released I'm sure many of you have a lot of other ideas they would like to try first.

Any other questions please ask!

Sorry guys, the wage budget was meant as part of the story-line, obviously their is no way in FM that you could make that viable. I meant the wages you would be paying the people after you to keep them off you're back. I will take it out, as it's probably more confusing than worth it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340462207

I'll give this a go, looks like an interesting challenge, a bit different from how I usually play, my aim is to use Hartlepool as a stepping stone to a bigger club within England to build my reputation so I can get a job further afeild, in fact I've had a think and decided to hold out for a bigger job than Hartlepool to come along, I'll restart

Attempt 2

I holidayed for a couple of months to wait for a Premier League / Championship / big League one Club and I got this offer http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340475663 oh and here is my manager profile http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340475835

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340462207

I'll give this a go, looks like an interesting challenge, a bit different from how I usually play, my aim is to use Hartlepool as a stepping stone to a bigger club within England to build my reputation so I can get a job further afeild, in fact I've had a think and decided to hold out for a bigger job than Hartlepool to come along, I'll restart

Attempt 2

I holidayed for a couple of months to wait for a Premier League / Championship / big League one Club and I got this offer http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340475663 oh and here is my manager profile http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=340475835

Newcastle! That's pretty lucky, Championship sides weren't even giving me interviews. I have a Luton Town game ready to go.

I thought so too, Championship sides weren't even giving me interviews either, I was applying for them all and it came as a complete surprise when Ashley offered me the interview, although I did have to agree to no backroom staff changes which has left me unable to appoint an assistant, I'm considering seeing if I can promote Peter Beardsley

Season 1 – 2014/15 – October 18, 2014

cOjWvcu.png

Well, it was coming. The chairman gave me a goal of 11 points in the next 5 games – having not won a game yet in the season – and of course I start to hit form when the chairman asks for it, but not enough points…

On to Spain or Germany, to escape the authorities… Not a great start by any means.

• 2 weeks later...

alright, done Season 1:

Hartlepool - ENGLAND (June-October 18th 2014) --- sacked, 24th in League 2

Coruxo - SPAIN (Nov 14th 2014-ongoing) --- 18th place when I arrived (out of 20), 9th by end of the season in Segunda B

Coruxo Stats -- GPlayed: 26 - GWon: 12 - GDrawn: 6 - GLost: 8 -- W%: 46%

Overall Stats -- GPlayed: 40 - GWon: 13 - GDrawn: 8 - GLost: 19 -- W%: 32%

FACT: Under Hartlepool, my team scored 10 goals in 14 games. Under Courxo, my team were the 2nd highest scorers in the league as we smashed in 51 goals in 26.

0.71 goals per game at Hartlepool, 1.97 goals PG at Coruxo. Improvement.

Now, I go on and look forward to the next 2 seasons.

Question: If I get an offer from a team in a higher division in the same country I'm managing in, can I move there or not? I just want to clarify - I haven't had any offers but I'm just inquiring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This sounds really cool so I'll give it a go. I'm playing it on FMC though otherwise with 3 nations all leagues loaded it would be a nightmare and fiendishly slow, only problem is that you can't set coaching badges on it only reputation so I hope that's okay. For some reason it won't let me upload images so I'll give links to the screenshot below. I got the job at Barcelona B, I've never managed a B team before so this may be interesting!

http://gyazo.com/6f50c3271b9048499e4b4ee8c515ec20

http://gyazo.com/ac239927905d19f101b5d24ddcdacd2d

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, this is how the season looked like with 4 games to go, bearing in mind that Waalwijk had lost another game and I was now one point behind.

team 4-0 Waalwijk

so Helmond (me) were drawing 0-0 with 3rd placed MVV, before conceding a late penalty, losing and failing to capitalize on Waalwijk's loss. 1 point separated 1st and 3rd.

Next game...

bTriDeu.png

League:

4TB68dh.png

Next game:

ErJCCxS.png

WINNERS:

Viengrn.png

Archived