Banned players

I was playing in the semi final of the Champions League earlier, against Barcelona. First leg we were away, we ended up losing 5-2. Considering that result I pretty much thought that I might as well play a weaker side in the second leg, seeing as I'd need at least a 3-0 win to get to the final. Long story short I don't play the weaker side, and find myself 3-0 ahead. Then one of my players gets booked, he only needed one more yellow to get a one match ban, and this was it. He would be missing the final. But about 10 minutes later he banged home our fourth goal. Meaning we recovered to win 6-5 over all.

Up until then I had just assumed that if a player was banned from an important match, he'd realise it. It would affect his morale. But just before the final I took a look at his personal page and he had responded to comments I'd made about who the media considered our opposition's most dangerous opponent. It said he was looking to nullify the threat of this player. Basically, he had no clue he was banned. So.. am I the only one who thinks that if he did know, and did react, that it would be a good feature? Especially seeing as after the yellow card he actually scored, which is the action of a truely loyal and professional team member.

Does anyone have thought's on this? I just seemed to me like it would make the game alot more realistic.

Yeah, or just completely blow the rest of the match. To be honest, if this was a feature, I have a feeling this particular player wouldn't have scored that 'heroic' goal.

or perhaps he would of given it his all for what he knew, win or lose, was now his last match in the tournament.

Yeah that's what I thought had happened initially.

I also think the loss of a team member should affect everyone else on the team. If you were playing a big club, in a big match, and a key player was banned, then players with a low pressure threshold should worry about the upcoming match.

yeah i like the idea! could be he deliberately mucks up the rest of the game, knowing he's out of the final.. or his game suffers because he's going to miss out... definitely would like this in...

Archived