[FM13] The Return of Connor O'Halloran - Another tetradecagon career

Guest Darius Basu

Guest Darius Basu

Ideally, I wanted to carry on my Partizan Belgrade save but this type of a career became too much of a temptation for me. I finally have a fully patched FM13 and am going to return to the type of save that I enjoyed most by a country mile.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, this is the thing -

[FM12]My Journey into Wilderness - A Tetradecagon Career

Basically, the trophies that are to be won are:-

Europe

UEFA European Championships - UEFA Champions League

Asia

AFC Nations Cup - Asian Champions League

South America

Copa America - Copa Libertadores

North America

CONCACAF Gold Cup - North American Champions League

Africa

African Cup of Nations - African Champions League

Oceania

OFC Nations Cup

World

FIFA World Cup - FIFA Confederations Cup - FIFA Club World Cup

Leagues loaded

England - Till BSN/BSS

Germany - Till 3. Liga

Greece - Upto National B Division

Scotland - Till 3rd division

Sweden - Till First division N/S

Switzerland - Up to Challenge League

Turkey - Up to 2.Lig

Leagues removed - Greece.

Leagues added - South Africa (top tier only)

Let the journey begin!

Guest Darius Basu

QMpsRXI.jpg

There were two jobs available in Sweden and realistically, these were the only teams that I could join - Vasalunds IF and Vasby United. Vasby were the first to make an approach and I had no trouble in choosing them to be the first club in this new tetradecagon career.

lPQaGiY.jpg

The table when I arrived looked promising enough. The 1st placed team qualifies for the Superettan (2nd tier) with the 2nd placed teams from the north and south divisions going into play-offs with the 3rd from bottom and 4th from bottom teams respectively.

Guest Darius Basu

53092.gif

Väsby United

Division 1 Norra

Team report

6NrMGjB.jpg

jcHr7Qo.jpg

The team report on arriving was okay enough. RB was probably the one spot in the team that did not look good enough for this division.

Fixtures

ytw9wJU.jpg

We probably did our best to throw it away. After a 3-0 win in my first game in charge, we went on a run where we picked up just 4 points from 5 in the league. THe cup game against Ostersunds was rather thrown away with a rotated squad that played well enough to take it to penalties. The 3-2 win at Akropolis was important and it gave us the boost that we needed. We had two big six-pointers against Vasalund and IK Forward coming up right after that. A superb win at Vasalund and a draw at home to Forward sent us 4 points clear at the top. A draw at Dalkurd and a win against Sirius meant we needed 4 points from 2 to secure the title. Tragedy struck as we lost to Vasteras for a 2nd time but we beat Sanvikens away in our final game. Was it enough though?

League table

jxZv9PC.jpg

Yeah, it was. Vasalund lost and despite Forward's win, they went into the promotion play-off (which they lost) while we secured the title by a point.

EC9jHBb.jpg

pyOEsZh.jpg

uHpEXUL.jpg

JFTjofj.jpg

TnDDMsv.jpg

Fans' Player of the Year

ZUY0uIo.jpg

Gambian defender Omar Jawo was a rock at the heart of our defence and truly deserves this award.

Guest Darius Basu

53092.gif

Väsby United

Division 1 Norra

J1JN4aR.jpg

This was the original offer that I delayed till the end of the season as we were stuck in a fight for 1st place.

AgWorsK.jpg

I was asked about my intentions after the final game and made it clear that I would sign a new deal.

Hvj2qte.jpg

The new contract gave me a £100 wage rise that takes my wages to £450 a week.

Guest Darius Basu

53092.gif

Väsby United

Division 1 Norra

Season expectations

qPGddLd.jpg

These expectations were never really in doubt - the club was actually tipped for 6th in the Division 1 Norra and as such, we did well to be promoted. This is a totally different division though.

Pre-season

PdFrGwa.jpg

Preseason was alright. A good win over Mariehamm, wins over lower league opposition but concerning defeats to Assyriska and Brommapojkarna.

Guest Darius Basu

53092.gif

Väsby United

Division 1 Norra

Fixtures

xKjHNI5.jpg

Absolute disaster. Can't score, can't defend and can't even get a player who wanted to join.

League table

zjfxJMa.jpg

Amy98kw.jpg

Sad to leave Sweden so soon but I really cannot do much to save the club. However, they will always be the team that gave me my big break in management.

Guest Darius Basu

KVLTHVa.jpg

It took me till June to try and get the right job for myself. Colchester, Northampton and Stevenage were amongst those who showed an interest but an offer never came. So, the last remaining option was to wait for a Football League job or to try and have some fun in the Conference. I've gone for the latter and hopefully, Dartford won't disappoint.

The club finished 21st in the BSP in 2012-13, so, it is almost like a fresh start for me in this save. Hopefully, it will be better than the last start.

PlU3fDN.jpg

125th anniversary for Dartford and hopefully, I will make it a proud one.

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2013/14

Blue Square Bet South

Season expectations

DxFurMi.jpg

Play-offs would be the bare minimum for the club's board. I, for my part, think that promotion is priority though. Also, I would like to get to a money-spinning FA Cup tie as I guess everyone on this forum knows how hard it is financially in the lower leagues.

A good FA Trophy run wouldn't go amiss either.

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2013/14

Blue Square Bet South

Promotion odds

zjVb0A9.jpg

We are undoubtebly the bookies' favourites for promotion. The previous season ended with 9 unbeaten games (4 draws, 4 wins and a draw) and I hope we can continue that run.

M6njz1n.jpg

Friendlies are something I normally trust my assistant manager with. The game against Aston Villa was the only one that I arranged and that was supposed to be a money-spinning one. We made £60,000 from it of which £45,000 was paid to Villa as appearance fee. Another good crowd at our 5,500 capacity home saw us get a draw against Brighton. All in all, an okay preseason aside from the defeat to Leatherhead.

League fixtures

L2QQoed.jpg

It's been a slow start to the season for us. We were a goal and man down against Sutton but came back to draw through Johnny Cosgrove. Another come from behind draw at Staines followed after which we won two games comfortably on the spin. The month ended with a 2-2 draw at Boreham Wood where went 1-0 down, led 2-1 and then drew 2-2 in an entertaining first half before an absolutely drab second period.

League table

ZaKoU1P.jpg

Jlb6rbH.jpg

The draw at Boreham Wood puts us 8th but we are still unbeaten and just 3 points off top spot.

WWVvssJ.jpg

Johnny Cosgrove has been sensational in the first month. 2 goals and 5 assists while playing in a DLF(s) role. New signing Frannie Collin, although a striker, has adapted well on the right wing and is our top scorer.

Transfers

RlfSvFg.jpg1k3xwNr.jpg

A good number of players have come in and a number of reserves (including club icon Lee Noble) have been released since relegation. Joe Day comes in on loan from Peterborough as we desperately needed a GK and he is a key player as well. Jason Crowe, although 34, is still a quality right back, Steve McNulty was transfer-listed by Luton and is probably going to be a key player for us, Oliver Modeste is young but already very good and Solomon Taiwo will be a key player as DM or CM.

Squad report

EF2Oe0y.jpg

6XsIHqw.jpg

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2013/14

October update

Fixtures

KPUWJUY.jpg

Well, what to say? We've still been probably slightly above average in the league. We had an off-day against then-bottom Bromley but bounced back with a solid win against Weston-super-mare. A 0-0 draw at Dover followed after that before we played Welling. They were down to 10 men inside 10 minutes and I was furious as went 2-0 down by half-time. The introduction of 17 year old Ryan Firth made a difference - he set up Harris for the equalizer and won the penalty from which Collin converted. We threw away a lead at Basingstoke and looked to have done so against Chelmsford as well but Solomon Taiwo's 93rd minute free-kick won it for us. We had a good win at Weymouth but again threw away a lead at home to Billericay. In the final game of the month against Eastbourne, we had Tom Champion sent off but Cosgrove scored twice soon enough to make it 2-0. They pulled one back but Cosgrove played Collin through on goal to round it off.

League table

CuRPgmx.jpg

Those results leave us 6th in the table but it's still very tight at the top and anyone could go up as winners.

Transfers

h5qD4lu.jpg

Two players coming in on month-long loans - Matt Spring(DM) and Sean Shields(AMR). Spring played once in the league and passed it through to Basignstoke's striker to score. Shields has been much more impressive and I would like to extend his loan spell.

The FA Cup

rrbSuk9.jpg

Two good, solid wins against lower league opposition and by beating Bideford away, we will equal the board's expectations of reaching the First Round proper.

WCDuHcg.jpg

Third best manager for October. I must be making progress :D.

SLkfSV2.jpg

Some deserved praise for young Johnny Cosgrove who has also been playing for Northern Ireland U21s.

kMkwwUc.jpg

This was arranged before I came to the club. It was 5580 capacity at that time but now Princes Park can hold 6000 (2160 seated).

KCPxzTz.jpg

Last but not the least, we have a new parent club. I discontinued the affiliation with Millwall back in August and Doncaster will atleast pay us something and will also hopefully send a few players on loan.

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2013/14

FA Cup

67yJaQD.jpg

A few youngsters got a run-out in the game but it wasn't enough to take us through immediately.

First Round draw

I7DtHy0.jpg

We got a great possible draw at hoe to Charlton, so, we really needed to win. Some youngsters would still get chances though.

ltaaJrM.jpg

We made a hard job of it and needed a 90th minute equalizer. I was concerned when Johnny Cosgrove was given a straight red but Frannie Collin snatched it in injury time of extra time. FA Cup magic I guess.

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2013/14

BSS Halfway Stage update

Fixtures

DX4XUhw.jpg

A few difficult weeks for Dartford there. In the FA Cup, we were shown our place by Charlton in the first half - Yann Kermorgant's hat-trick meant they were 3-0 up and playing like a League One team would against a 6th tier one. I told the players that I was disappointed and two goals from Collin quickly put us back into contention. We dominated the 2nd period but couldn't find a way in. Adam Green (LB, who was just returning from injury) twice went close with free-kicks and Solomon Taiwo hit the post. We threw the FA Trophy away with a defeat at Billericay and in truth, I wasn't interested in it.

In the league, we went behind to Ebbsfleet (our local rivals) through a fluke cross and then conceded late on from a corner. We trailed Maidenhead inside the first two minutes but Cosgrove's double put us ahead only to concede again in the 90th minute. This was followed by deserved defeats to Havant & Waterlooville away and Hayes & Yeading at home, either side of a win over Tonbridge Angels. The win against Bath and draw at Dorchester meant we stood 8th at halfway.

League table

05MMygj.jpg

The only thing seemingly costing us a play-off spot are a number of draws and 3 home defeats.

ob50x1u.jpg

Even this message came up during that winless run in all competitions.

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2013/14

New Year's Day update

Fixtures

vPpWRII.jpg

We have had a good run until the new year. Although for the Sutton United game, we were ahead and then -

OGghZ4n.jpg

Absolutely disgusted by that and it was the 2nd time this season if I remember. By then, I had changed to a 4-1-4-1 tactic and we were now looking more and more dangerous in every game. Easy wins followed at home to Staines and at Whitehawk even though the bottom-placed side had the lead. Against Bromley, their goalkeeper Joe Welch was outstanding. We had 21 shots to 1, 9 of them on target and this guy just seemed to turn into Buffon or something. He finished as MoTM with an 8.7 rating.

League table

phaD8XV.jpg

For the first time this season, we are in the play-off spots. Turns out we'd never been above 6th before the draw at Bromley.

7iY7kYo.jpg

Third again.

New sponsor

HGoosCP.jpg

We have a brand new main kit sponsor and finances continue to be steady with about £93,000 in the bank.

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2013/14

End of March

Transfers

tQkBLT8.jpg

The transfer window finally ended in March, so, here are our remaining signings. 19 year old Tommaso Trani was released by QPR and is already rated as a leading BSP goalkeeper. Jordan Brown comes in as back-up left-back and Ahmed Abdulla as a back-up CM. Sean Shields' loan was renewed for a third time thanks to his impressive performances. Tom Smith will be first choice right back (Jason Crowe got injured for 4-5 months in Oct) and Piero Mingoia looks a good left winger. Des Beadle also came in as a back-up CM from parent club Doncaster and Calum Kitscha was brought in as back-up GK when Trani got injured.

Fixtures

nKCyvNB.jpg

We seem to be doing well at the moment although I still have complaints about the goals conceded, Dartford concede whenever we are 2-0 ahead and thus the scorelines have looked a lot closer. The win against St. Albans was easy but we were 2-0 down at HT against Boreham Wood. Frannie Collin converted a penalty and HT substitute Adam Green scored twice late on to snatch victory. At half-time, I did lose my temper and it led to contrasting emotions I'd say :-

ZbEtsx5.jpg

QgT5Z4C.jpg

This was followed by 1 goal defeats at play-off rivals Weston-super-mare and Welling. We won against Dover (local rivals) at home but again conceded late. The game against Basingstoke was bizarre. 3-1 up, Richard Rose put a cross straight into their net. Although this was perfectly valid, Basingstoke's reply wasn't. I clearly saw int the replay that the cross from their left back headed for the roof of our net but somehow went through and was given as a goal. We won 3-1 at Chelmsford but drew again with Billericay (clean sheet though). Home wins followed against Weymouth and Eastbourne Boro. Again, both times we conceded in the 2nd half after being 2-0 up. March finished with a bore draw at Hayes & Yeading.

League table

QK7GeA4.jpg

Sitting 4th now.

aWomdP2.jpg

Mark Arber is destined for retirement. Played well this season and I had thought of keeping him for next season as well.

MWpAhDx.jpg

First award of my career then.

Youth candidates team

IFBgxdi.jpg

None of them will immediately be good enough for the first team and I'm not sure as to how many of them will play League football.

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2013/14

Blue Square Bet South

Fixtures

97cn43p.jpg

We ended the season well. A win against play-off contenders Maidenhead and another against Dorchester lifted us to withing 7 points of Ebbsfleet in the top spot but we disappointingly lost to them in the very next match. Liam Bellamy's cross went straight in and he was a constant thorn and even though Danny Harris twice brought us back, we never came close to a draw. Wins against Havant & Waterlooville and Bath City secured 3rd place. In the final game, a rotated team lost at Tonbridge who survived relegation.

Bo5y34q.jpg

League table

yWGmhtu.jpg

DFVauEJ.jpg

Could have gone above Welling in the last game but still its been good enough. Boreham Wood next.

Play-offs first leg

VPr7xJI.jpg

It wasn't really difficult as Boreham Wood never really threatened. Welling's spectacular thrashing was the bigger headline though.

Play-offs second leg

vfDgOkx.jpg

I thought the away goals rule was active at 90 minutes. Turns out it wasn't, so, Collin and Danny Harris' extra-time goals secured a 4-2 aggregate win.

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2013/14

Blue Square Bet South

Ycv216a.jpg

We did it!! Drawn as the home team (I was expecting a neutral venue), we were comfortable throughout and 3,021 people saw us return to non-league's top flight.

e53Ri8g.jpg

ytCoDDm.jpg

ryHywdK.jpg

Taiwo's fine free-kick set us on our way to the BSP.

9L45Ymg.jpg

New contract

PepluUo.jpg

lTjXrLO.jpg

I was on the shortlist but eventually lost in the managers' vote.

NnK93jc.jpg

xR6RB3F.jpg

c4BdMzt.jpg

Only content? Come on...

Meanwhile, at the World Cup,

RS5VnYg.jpg

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2014/15 preview

79l15M8.jpg

We are predicted for survival at 20th so lets see how this goes.

mHs0pCD.jpg

That'll help.

NVyWag9.jpg

25-1 and supposed to have an outside chance? Is he dreaming or am I pessimistic?

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

Forgot to mention this in the preview update, my apologies.

N1xb7Uj.jpg

We are professional!! The problem, though, is everyone is on part-time contracts signed right after promotion or on non-contracts. Even most of the signings were actually handed part-time contracts before this news came, so, some of them will be training part-time even when they join. Proud time for the club though, hopefully a season to match as well.

Guest Darius Basu

darts%20badge.jpg

Dartford

2014/15

Blue Square Bet Premier

Pre-season

We had largely expected preseason results. A good draw against Oldham, wins against local rivals Dover and also Oxford City Nomads. Colchester, Brentford and Doncaster we lost quite expectedly but the last two home games, especially Doncaster generated quite a bit of revenue. (Doncaster, being our parent club, did not take any appearance fees).

Transfers

6A5wV6u.jpgdtjeCah.jpg

We made a few good buys during the summer. Leon Redwood is excellent at this level and Chez Isaac and Kingsley James will add quality to central midfield. Sean Shields returned on loan, Danny Meadows is going to provide cover at CM and also has 4* potential ability. Josh Dawkin joins on loan to provide back-up to Shields and Redwood. Cameron Kerr is 19 and can play DR/MR and also has enough to develop into a quality player. Sean Myler is also young and has quality to develop into a DM for League Two level. Jonathan Tiffoney is the only one we paid a fee for and will be first choice DR. Stockley is a quality target man on an initial one-month loan along with 16 yr old regen Ben Mason who has a lot of potential.

The players we didn't need were released upon promotion. Danny Harris the only one who gets a club - SPL side Queen of the South. Some promising youngsters were given loan opportunities.

Squad report

bSXsCEl.jpg

Eg6CN2L.jpg

We need a back-up GK and I hope to sign some of them on short term loans.

tUP6LU5.jpg

I asked the board to increase the wage budget and they agreed after some consideration. My actual intention was to get back under the wage budget as we were overspending our wage budget by about £700 p/w.

Fixtures

F3aMcHo.jpg

We've done well so far and certainly more than what I could have hoped for. Important home wins have come against Kidderminster, Chester, Alfreton and Guiseley although form's been patchy on the road. Three defensive mistakes cost us 3 goals at Altrincham after taking the lead, we were 1-0 down but 2-1 up at Ebbsfleet beofre drawing, same at home to Lincoln (they scored in the 93rd) and the loss to Luton was most frustrating. We did really well to come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 but Tom Bonner's injury-time own goal blew away a deserved point. Oh, and we dominated the game against Bristol Rovers who were relegated here in 2013/14 (FM is so realistic) with Portsmouth (3rd consecutive relegation, without the League One points deduction and with Guy Whittingham still manager!!). They finished 24th two seasons in a row (FM might not be so realistic then).

League table

oT4tHyq.jpg

Very, very close. 2nd to 20th is just 9 points.

Dilemma

uJwqmS0.jpg

What to make of this? I know if I resign and apply, I'll most likely get the job. For the career it's Luton, they will have a stronger team but I've done a great job with Darford. Should I stay or go? Please comment if possible.

EDIT: Also, there's an opening at Bristol Rovers. 2nd place in the table, squad good enough (maybe not like Luton) but £2k over budget.

Guest Darius Basu

yn9DQXm.jpg

In the end, it was a toss of a coin that settled it. Luton Town were lying 15th in the BSP table when I joined.

LutonTownFC2009.png

Luton Town

2014/15

Blue Square Bet Premier

92AIoZg.jpg

This was my first contribution at the club. The very next day after joining, I asked the board to buy the stadium and they duly agreed without any hesitation.

DtBe8Qx.jpg

My 100th game as a manager xame about during this time and it will be safe to say it wasn't memorable when you see the fixtures.

League and FA Cup

7E9uBvN.jpg

My reign at Luton had a very solid start indeed. 3 consecutive wins plus clean sheets in the league along with a 4-1 victory in the FA Cup 4th qualifying round against Daventry. The FA Cup gave drew us against League One opposition in the form of Tranmere and in fairness, we should have won at Prenton Park. In the home leg, we were made to pay for chances missed as they went 2-0 up before HT. A number of long range efforts only contributed to our wastefulness in front of over 9,900 fans at Kenilworth Road.

During this time, we also lost at Forest Green but the alarm bells actually started ringing when we drew against relegation candidates Alfreton. As if that was not bad enough, we lost at home to Altrincham and Chester and were lucky to get a draw at then 22nd Guiseley. A change of tactic that was aimed at retaining possession worked after that was we recorded an easy win against Lincoln. We won at Dartford (I didn't really feel happy to beat my former club, though) through a luckily given penalty and a break-away counter attack. For the 2nd time this season, one of my teams went to Bristol Rovers and won comfortably.

League table

if1cV61.jpg

The last three wins lifted us from 7th to 4th in table and we cut the deficit to Salisbury from 10 points to four. All to play for.

FA Trophy

bCMBXSg.jpg

We beat Hayes & Yeading with ease in the FA Trophy 1st round but were denied at Dorchester by a late equaliser. At home, though, we didn't give them even a sniff of a chance and ran out 2-0 winners.

Guest Darius Basu

L60GuuC.jpg

On a slightly different topic, my favourite club Liverpool sacked their third manager - Rodgers had departed in the first season, Pellegrini came in and was sacked in Feb 2014. He was replaced by Laurent Blanc who in the last ten games of the season, won just 1 and lost 5 (Liverpool finished 10th). Now he's been sacked too and Colin Pascoe was in charge for some time. Martin Jol (yes, MARTIN JOL) came in and did this to Arsenal.

Guest Darius Basu

LutonTownFC2009.png

Luton Town

2014/15

End of February

Blue Square Bet Premier

Transfers in

Fp2LS0Y.jpg

Some useful loan acquisitions there. Unfortunately, the previous manager had wasted all the long term u-23 loan spots by bringing in some players who should be midtable BSP quality at most (that too on 6-month deals). Frank Nouble was available and I didn't wait for my chance to snap him up on loan (initial 2 months). He's described by my scouts and coaching staff as good enough for League One level. Jon Otsemobor is good enough but came in as cover for right back Nick Arnold. Liam Fox came in for the rest of the season after doing well on during a 2-month loan spell. Andy Haworth's loan was extended, Andrew Davies brought quality to our central defence while Bastian Hery has only recently signed. Declan john was there for a month long loan spell. Joe Day came in after George Willis' loan spell ended.

Squad report

D1CJ0Z8.jpg

9nHhI5u.jpg

It's a mystery to me how my staff does not rate Joe Day. I do, though, and so did my scouts.

Fixtures - League and FA Trophy

MumFOaa.jpg

Nothing much to complain of this time around, we have looked solid enough in whatever we've done. In January, we beat Worcester and Stockport easily enough in the league but we tamely surrendered in the defeat at Portsmouth and at the end of the month, we had a bad loss at home to Eastleigh despite being a goal up. In the FA Trophy, we beat BSS team Bath but were taken to a replay by Cambridge who defended well at The Abbey Stadium but thankfully, didn't repeat it at Kenilworth Road.

In February, we got a nice win over in-form Barrow but disappointingly drew at bottom placed Newport. We had a blip as we lost the first leg to Portsmouth in the FA Trophy semis and then went to Mansfield on a counter strategy that worked for 65 mins. They scored 3 in 13 and although we pulled another back, it wasn't enough. Frank Nouble's goal in first half stoppage time put us level on aggregate with Portsmouth but despite dominating, we couldn't get a second. 2nd choice 'keeper Jonathan Miles (Day was cup-tied) saved the first penalty from Alex Grant and their 5th penalty struck the post while we converted all of ours. We ended the month with a total destruction of 2nd-placed Salisbury at home.

Feeder club

sJgk7Wu.jpg

Hampton & Richmond are located close to Luton and as such, I chose them as feeder club although Gainsborough(BSN) were also available as 1 of four total options.

League table

njzxhQL.jpg

Remains tight at the top and anyone in the top six could yet win the league.

Guest Darius Basu

LutonTownFC2009.png

Luton Town

2013/14

April update

Blue Square Bet Premier

Youth Candidates

Zk1SjOm.jpg

We had a rubbish youth intake but at least we will have two potentially good players and two decent ones.

League & FA Trophy fixtures

OteGoUl.jpg

In the league, we had a horrible time in March. We lost 1-0 to both Torquay and Cambridge but a win over then 21st placed Hereford kept us in the play-offs. The defeat to eventual winners Gateshead threw us out and down into 8th place. Even leading to this :-

PW4kESp.jpg

Despite our struggles in the league, we put in our best performance of the month in the FA Trophy final to beat BSN team Hyde. An early goal from Andy Haworth and a 25-yard free kick from Jake Howells meant it was all over by half-time.

We improved in the league in April though as we beat play-off rivals Forest Green and Kidderminster in the space of 3 days with both strikers - Matt Smith and Nouble - doing really well. A hat-trick from Frank Nouble then gave us a 4-0 win over Ebbsfleet sending them down in the process. It was particularly good because they are of course one of Datford's biggest rivals. A final day win over Southport lifted us from 5th to 3rd in the final table.

League table

T0x1Vc0.jpg

SJDI5d8.jpg

It stayed close right up to the end at the top of the table with the top six eventually separated by just 4 points. Bristol Rovers totally ran out of luck there.

Gzw33ZB.jpg

hce48CP.jpg

7f4eKYI.jpg

WP2Bv3N.jpg

sv77153.jpg

nnLar3p.jpg

Guest Darius Basu

LutonTownFC2009.png

Luton Town

2014/15

Play-offs

Blue Square Bet Premier

Play-off fixtures

pamtHjG.jpg

The draw at Mansfield was boring and we had the only shot on target during that match. It wan't much different at home as we were taken into ET. Frank Nouble was having an off day and had missed a sitter. His replacement Michael Coulson scored a 96th minute tap-in to give us a chance to visit Wembley for the second time a month and a half.

Against Salisbury, Matt Smith scored after being put through by Greg Taylor but Seth Nana Twumasi equalized. Smith scored again before Jake Howells scored a superb solo goal after running down the left and smashing past the goalkeeper. (A lot like Bale from last season's Copa del Rey)

uOS4jqv.jpg

gX3ysgj.jpg

fMifCkA.jpg

sp2c9L2.jpg

wi2oije.jpg

Finally.:rolleyes:

looUrhG.jpg

hrugpmI.jpg

I am very much thankful to the fans for their support.

4o90TAl.jpg

aMjxH3G.jpg

At the 3rd time of asking, the board finally agreed to increase the junior coaching budget.

CqzFCbI.jpg

Second place but clearly, there was only ever going to be one winner.

KOulwn1.jpg

Turns out that the board took an ~£5,000,000 loan for this so repayments of £28k p/m are required till 2030. At least the stadium is back with the club.

Guest Darius Basu

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| CLUB CAREER |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Season | Club | League | Country | Continent | Position | Achievements/Notes |
| 2012 | Väsby United | Division 1 Norra | Sweden | Europe | 1st | Champions!! |
| 2013 | Väsby United | Superettan | Sweden | Europe | 15th* | Resigned after 6 games |
| 2013/14 | Dartford | Blue Square Bet South | England | Europe | 3rd | Play-off winners! |
| 2014/15 | Dartford | Blue Square Bet Premier | England | Europe | 8th | Resigned after 12 games |
| 2014/15 | Luton Town | Blue Square Bet Premier | England | Europe | 3rd | Play-off winners; FA Trophy winners |
[/Code]

Guest Darius Basu
Well done with promotion again. Be following this story from the start. was surprised your left Dartford but well done with luton hope u enjoy league 2

Thanks for the congratulations. I didn't really want to leave Dartford until I had made sure that they would be able to survive. It took me a long time to debate about the consequences and also the fact that Luton were down in 15th. In the end, I decided that Dartford would easily get a mid-table finish with the team that I had built and I was convinced that Luton had the potential to go up that very season.

Guest Darius Basu

LutonTownFC2009.png

Luton Town

2015/16

Season preview

kKz2LJ7.jpg

Jake Howells was the best of the players who were there permanently and he got a deserved Fans' Player of the Year award.

1UbiAgU.jpg

The pitch was in a terrible state by mid-April. Good job by the board there.

XOwZiND.jpg

Season expectations

SpMZ2ZT.jpg

Do not be fooled by those budgets. I'm sure I had some FM bug that day because as it turned out soon, we were spending £29,000 of a £42,000 budget with a transfer budget of about £105,000.

jQ5YM18.jpg

Sounds cool.

Preseason friendlies

qDXj2qb.jpg

Friendlies were handled by my assistant manager. Some good performances there and the team ran West Ham close at least.

Promotion odds

KVtknJQ.jpg

The media predicted us for 17th. The bookmakers think we are 5th favourites for promotion! My next update will tell you that they might be having a laugh.

Guest Darius Basu

LutonTownFC2009.png

Luton Town

2015/16

September

Transfers

5XesmuL.jpg

Nouble returned on loan for the season while Liam Fox signed up permanently after doing impressively. David Symington [M®, AM(RC)] and Josh Todd [DM/CM/AM] were real steals on free transfers. Aden Flint is our best CB and Jay McEveley will be first choice LB. Josh Harrop is 19, versatile and already a quality player at this level (Can play DR, CM, MR). Jake Reeves is the best DM that we have, he's on loan for the season. Leo Fasan will become first choice GK with competition from Joe Day and loanee Jonathan Flatt. Jayden Stockley comes in as back-up for a month after Matt Smith went out on loan. Stephen McKenna is a good DM/CM and the other 3 - Bateman, Barrett and Etheridge are hot prospects.

Squad report

zdTq8no.jpg

OnoJ9bP.jpg

Still looks a weak defence but we should get mid-table at least.

Fixtures

mHPRLRy.jpg

We have had a horrible run to be fair. We came from behind to beat Exeter on the opening day but were unlucky in the League Cup. Gillingham's Will Hatfield scored in the 45th(+1) minute and after Michael Coulson's equaliser, in the 3rd minute of stoppage time. It all went bad from there. I had a touchline ban :rolleyes: against Leyton Orient to whom we lost thanks to a 3rd minute goal. We were never close to Wycombe despite equalising once and 4-1 was fair enough. Dag & Red made us pay for missing chances and Swindon somehow hung on to a draw.

Crawley beat us in the JPT thanks to a wrongly awarded penalty (1st instance of refereeing horror). A comfortable loss at Gateshead followed and we were 10-1 favourites to beat Aldershot. Beat them we did though only to lose at 24th-placed Scunthorpe (Another penalty incidence - 2nd instance). At home to Macclesfield, we equalised and looked likely to win when Jay McEveley was shown a harsh 2nd yellow for what looked more like touching someone (3rd instance). We drew against Fleetwood when we should have won (5 shots to 1 on target). A win at Accrington followed and then we dismantled 3rd-placed Bury for our first home win. They pulled it back to 2-1 though thanks to a rubbish penalty decision (2nd instance). Sam Togwell previously missed one in the game and we could have won by 4 or 5.

NchoRTG.jpg

z3DaqlU.jpg

League table

sWOlScP.jpg

More like a relegation fight. We were bottom of the table before beating Accrington. The bookies are surely having a laugh.

Guest Darius Basu

LutonTownFC2009.png

Luton Town

2015/16

Halfway stage

Blue Square Bet Premier

Fixtures

0c7MPjz.jpg

All I can say is we went on a great run in the league since that loss to Macclesfield (refer to previous update). At home to Burton, we had 6 CCCs to 2 and despite a dominant first-half led 1-0 at the break. Burton scored twice but Howells equalized and we couldn't find a winner. Against Stevenage, we led twice. First time they equalised in the 44th minute and then got their second equaliser in the 92nd minute. Against Wrexham, we were down to ten when McEveley got a 2nd yellow card but there was no loss of hope as Josh Harrop and then 18 year old sub Brett Etheridge sealed a deserved win.

Against Northampton, the two of them repeated the trick - Harrop put us ahead and left winger Etheridge came on and finished them off. We were fortunate against Oxford and they had much the better chances once we went 2-0 up early on. Cheltenham were the better team but Arnaud Mendy's tackle when a corner came in went in for the equalier. Crawley keeper Nicholls kept us at bay until we scored from a corner. Aden Flint brought it down and set up Jake Howells to rifle home. This was followed by an unfortunate draw against League One Walsall. Nouble's 72nd minute goal looked to have given us the points but they equalised in the 77th to take it to a replay.

1st-placed York were next up at home and we took the lead in bizarre fashion. Jamal Fyfield headed Nick Arnold's corner against his own crossbar and Nathan Thompson nodded the rebound in.:rolleyes: Howells' thunderbolt of a free-kick sealed victory. We were the better team at Walsall but they had a first-half lead. Nouble's late equaliser would have taken it to ET but Walsall scored in the 89th minute. :mad:

There was some kind of FA Cup hangover and this showed on our league form. We got away with a draw at Barnet but couldn't beat table-topping Hartlepool at home, on both these occasions, requiring 2nd half equalizers. We took the lead through Harrop at Grimsby but they were better than us and ended our 12-game unbeaten run in the league.

League table

ZYpWJkg.jpg

The unbeaten run lifted us to within touching distance of the play-offs but no wins in three means that we are now 4 points behind.

qT5joSq.jpg

This guy has been really, really good. During our unbeaten league run, he picked up the man of the match award no less than four times. Rated 3* but clearly should be much better than that.

kdjzaPi.jpg

Over 9,700 fans came to our 10,300 capacity ground to watch us against Walsall. I think the reason that we got more than a previous game against Tottenham is due to some type of rise in ticket prices.

Guest Darius Basu

LutonTownFC2009.png

Luton Town

2015/16

End of season

Transfers

Jyd26W7.jpg

We got two absolute steals from St. Patrick's Athletic in the January window. DM/CM Brandon Walsh (17, future PL potential) and LW/ST Jay Heary(18, future Championship potential). Patrick Bamford was brought in to increase the no. of chances being taken while Lloyd Evans came in on loan when Leo Fasan got injured and Jonathan Flatt refused to return fot the 2nd half of the season. Neil Kilkenny signed later.

Youth Candidates Team

4ObxaGC.jpg

We got a decent intake Ben Pugh and Chez Pirie being the pick of the intake. My Head of Youth Development pretty much signed all of them just to make up the numbers in the U18s.

Fixtures

hqfHZTR.jpg

2ZCbElD.jpg

We pretty much failed to beat teams below us in the table regularly and although we performed well against the better teams in the league, it wasn't enough for a play-off spot. One win in five in December dropped us to 11th. We beat Gateshead and Aldershot before playing Macclesfield in January. Patrick Bamford's first goal for the club gave us the lead but they turned it around to lead 2-1. Substitute Brandon Walsh came on for his debut and sent Symington through to score before adding a tap-in and a 25-yard strike himself to give us a vital win. A poor run of 3 points from 5 in which Bury were the only team above us in the table followed where we either failed to take our chances or failed to hold on to leads. A win at home to ten-man Wrexham seemed to have restored confidence but a dismal performance followed at out-of-form Burton.

A great win at Oxford came next but we lost to relegation-threatened Northampton. A draw with Cheltenham was followed by three good wins that lifted us to within a point of the play-offs but unfortunately, we lost away to the league's top two to blow up our chances.

League table

7aFIT6e.jpg

fzzZlNi.jpg

10th place then and hopefully, if we don't start the season in the same way again, we have a good chance of reaching a play-off place at least.

uO8Bi0n.jpg

Boo.

4VYvVFk.jpg

The board are pleased but I don't think I am. We could have done better than losing in the very first round we entered in all the cups and certainly, a better start would have yielded us a play-off spot.

weAO86B.jpg

A very bad year financially.

Job offer

78NuhtV.jpg

mdtP2fF.jpg

I took some time to consider this. Stevenage's squad is undoubtebly better than Luton and only a late run of poor form out them out of a play-off spot. However, they are Luton's fierce local rivals and I thought it would be the ultimate betrayal to leave for our biggest rivals.

Guest Darius Basu

| CLUB CAREER |
| Season | Club | League | Country | Continent | Position | Achievements/Notes |
| 2012 | Väsby United | Division 1 Norra | Sweden | Europe | 1st | Champions!! |
| 2013 | Väsby United | Superettan | Sweden | Europe | 15th* | Resigned after 6 games |
| 2013/14 | Dartford | Blue Square Bet South | England | Europe | 3rd | Play-off winners! |
| 2014/15 | Dartford | Blue Square Bet Premier | England | Europe | 8th | Resigned after 12 games |
| 2014/15 | Luton Town | Blue Square Bet Premier | England | Europe | 3rd | Play-off winners; FA Trophy winners |
| 2015/16 | Luton Town | npower League Two | England | Europe | 10th | Top-half finish |
[/Code]

Archived