Can't get a work permit??

Hi all,

I recently signed two players just before their contracts run out (Ángelo Henríquez and Mustafa Amini) however both players were refused a work permit which I appealed which was turned down again. I then went to the board and asked to find an affiliate club to try and gain work permits, they agreed and came back saying they find no suitable affiliate club... How can I get work permits for these players?

Thanks

You probably can't. Best to focus you attentions elsewhere I reckon, or wait until they play enough international games to qualify.

Ahhhhhh, going to have to sell them I guess I'm only Leeds in the prem so money is still tight at the moment. Just a shame as Ángelo is already a 4 1/5 star current ability and valued at 9 mil

I have the same problem. It annoys me though, I cant get a work permit for 18yr old Humam Tariq who has played something like 17 times for the Iraqi national team, yet I can get a work permit for a 16yr old Brazilian who hasn't played at any level for Brazil. How does that work?

I have the same problem. It annoys me though, I cant get a work permit for 18yr old Humam Tariq who has played something like 17 times for the Iraqi national team, yet I can get a work permit for a 16yr old Brazilian who hasn't played at any level for Brazil. How does that work?

Probably because Iraq isn't a top ranked football nation. Iirc, its something like 75% of games for a NT inside the top 50.

• 2 months later...
is it possible to get a work permit for a player who is not an international?

for example I want to buy an Australian player; does he have to play for Australia in order to get approved for a work permit?

He would have to be deemed an exceptional talent (In FM terms, very high PA), and would almost certainly fail the initial application. The appeal would be the exceptional talent part, so it would depend on how good his potential is.

Archived