[FM15] Europe via anywhere and probably everywhere

kris0710

zV6KdiE.png

Europe via anywhere and probably everwhere

The Save

I have loaded all European Leagues but many are view only. The leagues loaded and available from the start are:

Austria

Belgium

England

France

Germany

Greece

Italy

Holland

Poland

Portugal

Scotland

Spain

Switzerland

Turkey

As of yet i am undecided which direction to take this save. One club manager or journeyman so it is a case of sit back and see. After my long term effort with Cambridge in FM14 i am certainly not against trying something similar equally taking in a few different countries is always appealing.

The Manager

amQUOMJ.png

yAkNNGF.png

A Sunday League history with no coaching bags was hardly going to attract the worlds best clubs to me but just days into the save my first interview. A takeover at Eastbourne Borough of the Vanarama Conference South saw former manager Tommy Widdrington sacked and after a successful interview my first job was in the bag, months ahead of schedule.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zFpSKte.png

Eastbourne Borough Football Club - Vanarama Conference South

July 2014 - Managerial Appointment

The Interview

wfYnhNG.png

Everything went swimmingly, mid table position for this season was the new owners target during our first meeting.

The Offer

yFLr1lw.png

Happy to sign up for a year.

The Background

M7fFBuZ.png

Not really much there to write home about.

The Players

Av4ygCO.png

Certainly not the greatest of squads but a very good balance of players which rarely happens. I see this season very much as a Work In Progress with the squad.

Two away friendlies remain before we travel to Wealdstone for the opening match of the 2014/15 campaign.

Best of luck with Eastbourne, I'll be following although it'll most likely make me think of food as their logo vaguely reminds me of the Pizza Hut logo.

Thank you. :)

I'd never looked at it like that before, until now. A sudden craving for Pizza Hut has emerged.

Hopefully this can be as good as the legendary Cambridge career. As for the logo, I've commented on the past that it looks like a childs drawing (maybe in crayon) of a sandcastle, though it also looks a little like it has strangely placed eyes which reminds me of background scenery I vaguely remember from one of the old Mario games.

I enjoyed your Cambridge save last year very much! So will be following this one closely! Good Luck!

Thank you, quite a crazy start with the lower league goalkeeper issues. 35 goals in the opening 6 games so far.

Best of luck with Eastbourne :thup:

I may need it, conceded 4 three times in the opening six!!

Hopefully this can be as good as the legendary Cambridge career. As for the logo, I've commented on the past that it looks like a childs drawing (maybe in crayon) of a sandcastle, though it also looks a little like it has strangely placed eyes which reminds me of background scenery I vaguely remember from one of the old Mario games.

Will take some doing to match the ups and downs of the Cambridge save. Surely i won't come across a new Jim Woodward?

Tomorrow the aim is to get my little ones drawing a sandcastle! A prize for the one that comes closest to the Eastbourne badge.

Tomorrow the aim is to get my little ones drawing a sandcastle! A prize for the one that comes closest to the Eastbourne badge.

Surely it should be a prize for the best one though.:p

zFpSKte.png

July 2014 - Pre Season

Board Expectations

Vanarama Conference South: Respectable league position

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: No expectations

My Expectations

Vanarama Conference South: Top half of the table finish

FA Cup: 1st Round

FA Trophy: 3rd Round

Summer Transfers

KVPrJqh.png

Nine players have joined the club to bolster the numbers but to be honest with the season starting so quickly after my appointment most of these players are considered stopgap signings.

Pre Season Results

RcE6hwg.png

I took charge of the final two games. Started with a cracker at Billericay that saw us three times behind in the first half before early second half strikes put us 5-2 down. A late double gave the score some respect then the home side scored with about the last kick of the game. A win at a rival is always nice, even if it is a friendly, so beating Lewes sends us into the season opener full of hope.

zFpSKte.png

August 2014

kqSdmWg.png

A terrible start to life at the club but we managed to turn it around before September kicked in. A trip to newly promoted Wealdstone was a perfect opener on the face of it but 4-0 down after 47 minutes put pay to those thoughts. Within a minute of the fourth going in we got a consolation strike but the day ended with more bitterness as midfielder Dean Sinclair was red carded for two yellows. A first home game in charge saw another toothless display from the frontmen as we had just one effort on target. At the other end an own goal from centre back Watts and a long range goal from Sam Gregory gave Chelmsford the points. For the first time this season we led a game next up at home to Weston-Super-Mare but that was short lived. Centre back Ian Simpemba headed in the opener but within three minutes the away side were level. An own goal for us put us back in the lead after 54 minutes but not a minute later Jake Harris had his second for Weston, 2-2. Goals on 73 minutes from Harris and 76 minutes from Tom Jordan sealed our third defeat and we sank to the bottom of the table. Nothing could prepare me for the next match, away to Concord Rangers that saw us run out 5-4 winners. The first half saw us behind three times, striker Elliott Charles scoring twice for us to keep us in the game and we also lost midfielder Aldred and striker Pacquette during that opening 45 minutes. Within 8 minutes of the restart Elliott Charles had scored his 3rd and 4th of the afternoon to give us the lead that we held until the 72nd minute. As the game came to it's final few moments centre back Simpemba headed ou 5th, the games 9th to seal a dramatic win. That was followed by another win, against St Albans, that once again featured a goal from our very own captain fantastic Simpemba. We led after just two minutes but were pegged back before the away side had a man sent off. After the break we scored three times to seal the win before St Albans scored a second late on. Another Man of the Match performance from Elliott Charles saw him score three as Maidenhead were beaten inside 8 minutes really. Three goals up inside the opening 480 seconds we added a 4th before the break. The home side pulled two back after the interval but the scoring was completed by hatrick hero Charles.

A1VAjqZ.png

Happy enough with the start, losing the opening three games i am delighted to be sitting where we are.

zFpSKte.png

September 2014

GNfYFLY.png

Another high scoring month and our early season inconsistencies continue. We started off with defeat at Boreham Wood that once again saw us 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 down at points in the match, that is becoming a theme. Straight after going 3-2 down i opted for a more attacking final 10 minutes but it backfired immediately with Elliott Charles red carded and from the free kick the home side went 4-2 up. We pulled a goal back with four to play only for Boreham Wood to seal the points in the 92nd minute. A home victory followed over Hemel Hempstead but not all was pleasing from that match. We failed to kill them off in a match that should have much more comfortable but in the end another three points is all that matters. Our league fixtures for September came to an end with a low scoring defeat, 2-1 at Bath. A few knocks and bumps over the weeks restricted my options and we lined up with a back three and two attacking wing backs. The change almost worked perfectly as we countered well in the opening period before scoring early in the second. A mix up at the back let in David Pratt to level for the home side who won the match with just two minutes to go. It was harsh on us but i can't fault to way we played.

dsBgbC3.png

Happy enough with where we are at. A top 5 push was not the aim for this season and given the goals we are conceding to be well above the bottom two.

FA Cup

FFvk2IW.png

A nice win over rival Eastbourne Town puts us in the hat for the next round. It was not as easy as the score may suggest with our lower league rivals pushing us hard without looking too good going forward. They scored with their only effort on target to lead after 26 minutes but that was short lived as right back Marvin Hamilton levelled the match from 25 yards. After the break sub Aldred headed us in front before lively winger Gavin McCallum sealed the win scoring into an empty net after the keeper parried a Cowell effort. The 3rd Qualifying Round see's us host fellow Vanarama Conference South side St. Albans who we beat 4-2 last month.

Well....

Things turned sour and very quickly. Following a run of 4 points from 13 games plus two cup defeats unsurprisingly this happened.

TnqrzN5.png

Can have no complaints at all. A run like that saw us drop to 20th in the table and i had lost the dressing room massively. For about six games i was spending more and more time trying to fix the unhappiness of the squad but at the third board meeting i was told it was basically win or bust and we bust, 4-1 at Weston-Super-Mare. So mid January and i am looking for a new club.

Unfortunate but it's very tough with no badges and Sunday league experience. I'm sure another opportunity will come up soon.

Picked myself up another job a month later in the Vanarama Conference North so it's not all bad. Was worried i would be on the scrap heap for a while!

The Interview

O9CtBcg.png

Less than a month unemployed and a first chance to get back into management.

The Offer

MHG5aWD.png

In a show of faith i opted for a 16 month contract despite the prospect of relegation come May. Funnily enough before starting this save i toyed with the idea of a Hyde save as a starting point rather than starting unemployed, maybe it's fate!

The Background

yMqH4nT.png

Fantastic training facilities and i am hopeful the Manchester City link can be used to our advantage.

The Current Table

OOmTQUw.png

Not in a great place at the moment but a look through squad i am confident we can pull away from danger over the next 11 games. There are two games left this month, play off chasing AFC Fylde at home then a trip to bottom club Gainsborough.

zl1EiYb.png

Hyde Football Club - Vanarama Conference North

February 2015

8z9UcZZ.png

Nice to get off the mark early with three points but that joy was short lived. Kicked off against 5th placed AFC Fylde and from the first to the last whistle we were excellent. An own goal set us on our way before two goals were disallowed for offside. We came out a bit more attacking from the break and it worked a treat with two goals inside 13 minutes to kill the game off. Confidence was high going to bottom club Gainsborough and at the half time whistle we had a 2-1 lead after falling behind early on. The home side scored two unanswered goals, the winner in the 74th minute to condemn us to defeat but in terms of performance i was happy. Two games in and i have confidence in the formation i am playing and the ability of my squad to stay in this league.

C7HdZbX.png

Relegation zone still but our GD isn't too shabby and we are just 4 points from 15th placed Chorley. March see's us face high flyers Harrogate and AFC Fylde again along with struggling Stockport and Guiseley.

zl1EiYb.png

March 2015

gC1r40S.png

Two very good wins along with two close defeats keeps us ticking over nicely going into the final month of the season. Fell behind early to Guiseley knowing a win over them would drag them into the relegation fight. We drew level just before the break but straight from kick off conceded what turned out to be the winning goal. Mid way through the second period our attacking options were limited more with a red card for the impressive winger Louis Almond. For the second time in my four games we hosted a club in the top five and blew them away despite conceding a goal after just 49 seconds. For the rest of the first half we kept knocking on the door for the leveller which came right on half time. Our second came from sub Hughes minutes after coming on. In the final ten minutes we scored from centre back Birch and another sub Reece Gray. AFC Fylde got quick revenge for our win last month in what was the worst showing since i joined. We were behind at the break but drew level thanks to winger Patterson. Centre back Birch was then red carded for his second yellow and it cost us at the home side in the 90th minute. We ended the month we another big win where once again we had to come from behind. A goal down after 6 minutes midfielder Edo drew us level before Walker gave us a half time lead. Birch's replacement Askins headed in the third, winger Patterson with a fourth and sub Taylor from the penalty spot in the final minute.

H8gHygX.png

Two points above the danger zone. Five huge games to come including a trip to Hednesford who haven't lost in the league since mid November.

Youth Candidates

ydO73nR.png

Darrell Grocott

Paul Brown

Bradley Lawton

Brett McDermott

zl1EiYb.png

April 2015

bWiIUoH.png

What a fantastic month. The best result of my short career came at Hednesford and ended their 30 game unbeaten streak. We went there and similar to the AFC Fylde game we were dominant from the first whistle. A goal after 28 seconds set us on our way and we added a second early in the second half. The third came from the spot in stoppage time and we moved onto a stunning win over Bradford PA. 3-0 up and cruising after just 24 minutes through Tracey, Birch and Edo. We got very sloppy from that and blew the lead with Bradford PA scoring after 35, 43 and 51 minutes. A quick brace from Almond and an own goal established our three goal lead again after Bradford PA had centre back Qualter sent off. The 10th and final goal was scored in the 80th minute. Worcester away was a tight affair that had 0-0 written all over it until Tracey skipped past two defenders and slide the ball into the corner of the net. Brackley at home really was just one of those games. We had chance after chance after chance and couldn't score, the away side had 5 shots, 4 on target and scored four. We were not as bad as the score suggested. The season came to an end at Tamworth with left back Blakeman and winger Almond on target between the home sides strike.

w5QVa7U.png

Fantastic job and our survival was sealed with ease. 7 wins and 4 defeats from my 11 games but next season will be a struggle. We lose our key loan players and the chances of bringing them back look slim.

zl1EiYb.png

End of Season 2014/2015

Vanarama Conference North

Taking charge in February with the side in the bottom three delighted to end 14th and well clear of the relegation zone. Seven wins from eleven was above and beyond expectation.

FA Cup

Club knocked out away to Mossley in the 4th Qualifying Round.

FA Trophy

Beaten by league rivals Chorley 2-0 in the Northern Section 3rd Qualifying Round Replay

Summer Activity

Experienced player coaches Rhys Day and David McNiven have been released along with reserve player Tom Bentham and left back Adam Blakeman who is not interested in a new deal. We also lose loanees Billy O'Brien who played 35 league games, Arlen Birch who scored 3 in 25, Adrian Edo with 4 in 29 games, Freddy Tracey scored 7 in 25 and finally Ben Askins playing 22 games as centre back. All five players played a big part in my 11 games and will be hard to replace.

Finances

£143k in the bank, £14k to spend on transfers with a wage budget of £2,313 although we are spending £2,182 already.

| Season  | Club            | Division            | Pos  | Other                             |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2014/15 | Eastbourne Boro | Vanarama Conf South | 20th | Hired in July, sacked in January  |
| 2014/15 | Hyde            | Vanarama Conf North | 14th | Took charge in Feb with club 20th |

Former Club

[b][font=tahoma]Eastbourne Borough[/font][/b]
[font=tahoma]
[/font]
[font=tahoma]|2014/15 | Vanarama Conf South | Left the club in January in 20th, finished 16th, 5 pts above the drop |[/font]

Great start to your new club! What are your aims for next season?

I am feeling a little negative for the new season actually. The spine of my side (GK, DC, MC and lone ST) were made up of loanees that i can't bring back to the club. On the plus side bringing in players on non-contract terms allows me to chop and change with ease until i find the players i want.

Great end to the season.

Thank you, went much better than expected.

Like the title of the thread, shame you got sacked but great end with Hyde!

The title seems a little redundant now but thanks. Maybe i should change it to 'Bread always lands butter Hyde down' or something.

Unlucky with the sacking. Good job with Hyde so far though

A well deserved sacking though, should take some beating being dumped after 171 days!

Shame about the sacking but you've made a good start with Hyde,hopefully you can find the right faces during the Summer!

I can honestly say i have never scouted so many players as i have this summer and so far i've only brought in three players. Money is extremely tight.

Where are Stockport destined to go? If they do that irl, they might go bust

Off to the Northern Premier League with the likes of Blyth, FC United and Kings' Lynn Town. Given how far and quickly that club have dropped down the leagues they seem unbeatable off the pitch. Their fan's are fantastic.

zl1EiYb.png

Pre Season - July 2015

Board Expectations

Vanarama Conference North: Mid table position

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: 1st Round

My Expectations

Vanarama Conference North: Top half finish

FA Cup: 1st Round

FA Trophy: 3rd Round

Summer Transfers Out

piDvIOu.png

Just the four players leaving and a surprise to most two of the players were non contract signings who lasted just days. Youngster George Mannion was let go once his contract expired then as pre season came to an end Vanarama Conference side Nuneaton made the most of Reece Gray being on a non contract.

Summer Transfers In

GQ04Akp.png

Harry Waldram - Former Mansfield and Southport keeper joins having yet to make a senior appearance. Conceded 11 times in 10 pre season matches.

Dan Preston - A risk with the centre back having paid out compensation for him but his displays over 36 games in this division with Tamworth makes him worth a gamble.

Teddy Ngoy - A coup for a club our size picking up Ngoy who averaged 6.98 in 21 games for Vanarama Conference side Wrexham last season.

Jack Walton - Not in my top five for a goalkeeper loan but for financial reasons and inability to attract other players left me with little choice. Conceded 7 goals in 9 45 minute run outs during pre season.

Tom Mellors - Having failed to bring back Tracey from Sheff Wed, Mellors joins with my scout keen on him. Scored 5 times during pre season.

Anthony Breslin - Back up left back yet again was not first, second or third choice but has looked okay during the summer.

Pre Season Results

D98K5TQ.png

Went well until the final couple of games, hopefully that won't continue when the season kicks off.

zl1EiYb.png

August 2015

ff3BHb2.png

Not the start to the season i was hoping for as we win just one of the opening six games. The new season started with is recusing a point with a last gasp goal from James Derbyshire as we were twice behind at Guiseley. It was our turn to be on the end of late goal heartache in the opening home game of the season as Oxford City scored in the 87th and 88th minutes to win from a goal down. Three down and a man short i at the break i was happy enough with only a 3-1 loss at Worcester to be honest. We were never in the game and only came to life once the consolation was scored. At last a win came but beating the season's whipping boys 1-0 when they had lost the opening three games 6-2, 5-2 and 6-0 is not really anything to celebrate. We had plenty of the ball but as with most of the games we failed to do anything with it until Hughes was on hand to tap home a rebound in the 54th minute. Hosting Solihull we at last showed the fans we can play but defensively we were a shambles. Twice behind we got back on level terms before conceding in the 87th minute. It needed a goal in stoppage time to rescue a point.

XJjrbVE.png

Need to improve. Simple really.

zl1EiYb.png

September 2015

QRYdvjk.png

This is more like it, four wins from five with three clean sheets too. The month started with a comfortable 2-0 win at Buxton, Man of the Match James Derbyshire scoring the first before loanee Tom Mellors doubled our lead just before the break. Another win followed with Boston beaten 5-2 in another match that we had control of for large periods. Led through an own goal but the away side won and converted a penalty before we stepped it up a gear and scored three. A rare attack saw Boston get a second but within three minutes Mellors had his 2nd of the game to kill off any potential fightback. As good as the last few games have been we were brought back with a huge bump, Bradford PA hammering us 5-0. We did little with our 55% possession as the home side quite honestly picked us off as and when they felt like it. Our reaction was good as a changed side beat Leamington thanks to a Louis Almond brace and we ended the league month by hammering Gloucester 3-0. The home side failed to have a shot on target, found themselves 3-0 down at the break and had a man sent off in the 65th minute.

FN4GK6m.png

A very tight league at the moment, three points separating 3rd to 12th.

FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round

gJdnaCH.png

A terrible day in the FA Cup for us as lower league Garforth came from behind twice to knock us out, the winner being a 90th minute own goal from left back Giverin.

zl1EiYb.png

October 2015

Qd9xLfF.png

Another good month as we drop just five points in as many games. First up we threw away the win at home to Tamworth, 2-0 up at the break and cruising we didn't react to the changes the away side made and in the end were hanging on to a point. An incredible last 8 minutes saw us turn a 2-1 deficit into a 5-2 win with four goals from three players adding to Tom Mellors earlier goal that had started the games scoring. As with last month just as things seem to be clicking we put in a performance of very poor quality and this time it was AFC Telford that profited from it. Two behind we pulled one back quickly only to concede just as half time came. The second half fizzled out with us unable to break down a strong back 5 defence. Beating Hednesford away last year ended their 30 game unbeaten run and this time we went to Key's Park and destroyed them. 2-1 up at the break Derbyshire scored 20 seconds into the second half and we were able to just knock the ball around with ease after that. A treble change came on 70 minutes and by full time each of the sub's had their name on the score sheet and we had six goals away from home. A 2-0 win over North Ferriby ended the month on a high with Mellors again scoring, thats 11 for the season for the 18 year old on loan from Derby.

42lHKF2.png

Into the Play Offs! Did not expect this at all, i feel the squad is weaker than last year and after the poor start we had i was fearful of a relegation scrap.

Archived