Gundo's FM15 European Adventure Challenge™

Gundo's FM15 European Adventure Challenge™

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdN3YZ8eYD8dyUzFpNCnYlGtBnePMgDuwlYecMUMUe0ecJ2QzB

The History

Gundo's European Adventure Challenge was first introduced as an alternative to the dafuge challenge back on FM06. It is essentially a 'small club to big club challenge' with a different name. It has unearthed some true diamonds - player-wise over the years, to name just one - the Swedish/Polish youngster Patrik Burda was just magical for many of us on FM06 and 07. In truth it's the participants of the challenge that make it what it is, with stories of success and some of failure. Hopefully this challenge will be around for many more versions yet.
:thup:

One of the more memorable challenge attempts was that of
La Furia Roja
(Formerly Aussieant32) who fell in love with his chosen club FC Oss, so much, that he flew out to watch them irl! The full story was featured in the 'Football Manager Stole My Life Book'. The original thread documenting his FC Oss obsession can be seen here;
icon6.png

The Aim

To take a small club who where previously unplayable in the game from the lower leagues to their Domestic League Title and Champions League crown (doesn't have to be in the same season). I realize it's not an easy challenge, but should be a lot of fun trying.

The Set-up

European Leagues you can't use:
England
France
Germany
Italy
Portugal
, Russia
Spain, Turkey and The Netherlands

*Because of no relegations in Ireland, if you wish to play in that nation you must use the team that finished bottom in lowest playable division after one holiday season

*You can also manage in Scotland this year. They do whoever have a relegation/promotion play-off at the end of the season to see who wins a place back in the third division. You must reload until a previously unplayable team gets promoted

*FM14 League reputations -
Eligible nations below the line

England          185 
Spain            180 
Germany          172  
Italy            170 
France           155
Portugal         145 
Russia           143 
Turkey           135 
Netherlands      134
--------------------[b]
Ukraine          130 
Greece           128  
Belgium          122 [/b][b]
Romania          118[/b][i] 
[b]Scotland        117[/b][/i][b][b]
Denmark          115[/b][/b] [b]
Switzerland      114[/b][b] 
Austria          112[/b][b][b] 
Czech Republic   112[/b][/b]  [b][i]
Israel           111[/i][/b][b] 
Poland           109[/b] 
[b]Serbia           108
[/b][b][b]Croatia          106
[/b][/b][b][b]Bulgaria         106[/b][/b][b][b] 
Slovakia         106[/b][/b][b]  
Norway           105[/b]  [b][b]
Belarus          104[/b][/b][b][b] 
Sweden           102[/b][/b][b]  
Slovenia         99  
Hungary          98
[/b][b]Iceland          95[/b] 
[b]Finland          90[/b]  [b]
Ireland          90 
N. Ireland       72[/b]  
[b]Wales            58[/b]    

Getting started

• Load a game with all the available divisions within the nation you have selected; only one nation is allowed.

• You are free to use a Large, Medium or Small a database.

• You are free to load players from Top Clubs (Europe or All Continents - This increases the challenge at Continental Level).

• You are free to load Players Based in Your Nation Only.

• You are also free to load current international players from each continent if you choose.

• NO other additional customising is allowed.

• Attribute masking should be enabled.

• Add yourself as an unemployed Manager (hol_man); the personal details are not important at all.

• Then go on holiday until the new seasons teams are generated, each country will be different, so be sure to check the table below. An example: Norway's is 13th January. (Hint - saving the day before on 12th January for Norway, should give you a better choice of teams by being able to quit and reloading the game). A list of rough dates for your relevant nation will be listed below.

League re-set dates from FM14
(+ denotes confirmed FM15 re-set dates)

Austria - 25th June.

+Belarus - 14th February

Belgium
-
30th June.

+Bulgaria - 1st July.

+Croatia - 20th June.

+CzechRepublic - 30th June.

+Denmark - 30th June.

+Finland - 25th November

Greece - 20th June.

+Hungary
- 20th June.

Iceland -
25th November.

Israel - 20th June.

Ireland -

N.Ireland - 20th June.

+Norway - 13th January.

Poland - 30th June.

Romania - 30th June.

+Serbia - 10th July.

+Slovakia- 29th June.

+Slovenia - 1st July.

+Sweden - 15th December.

+Switzerland - 20th June.

Ukraine - 27th June.

Wales - 20th June.

Remember to save a few days before unconfirmed dates to ensure they are correct.

Please post any confirmed dates for FM15 in the thread and I will update accordingly.

Then do the following...

• Then retire your original manager profile.

• Add a new manager, the person details are up to you but 'past experience' must be set as 'Sunday League Footballer' when available. Coaching badges must be set to 'None', but he coaching attributes are completely up to you.

• I understand that choosing your nationality may have an effect later on, but I trust people will be sensible with this, I would expect people to use their own nationalities/second nationalities.

• Take over one of the newly promoted clubs to the lowest playable division within your selected nation. If you are not sure about which clubs have been promoted simply check the nation overview screen and check the promoted teams to the bottom division in the 'season summary' section.

• It is completely up to you which club you choose, although please appreciate that some clubs may be easier to manage than others. example; Some clubs will have a full squad of players and staff, while others won't. Also some will have higher reputations than others making it easier to sign players ect. So choose wisely. The nation you've chosen to manage in will affect difficulty too.

• It is now up to you to manage your chosen club to their domestic title and to win the UEFA Champions League.

• You are not permitted to move between clubs unless you are sacked; whereby then you can either take over a newly promoted club to the lowest playable division next time the reset date comes round or simply quit your current save and start over.

• Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

• There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.

Scouting Guidelines

• You can only sign players that you are able to scout or trial at the club first, so in short the player must have the 'Get scout report' button on his profile screen. The one exception to this is when you ask a current squad member to recommend a new signing, It is then ok to sign him as the player who recommended him knows of him anyway.If an agent offers you a player, it is ok to sign the player.

• No external utilities such as FMScout.

Rules for this Thread

• Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

• Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

• Screenshots for anything in-game are encouraged, as are youtube clips of matches ect. I will advise you to put video clips as links only though and not as a direct click and play type.This will keep the thread fairly clutter free and make browsing it quicker.

• When you join the challenge, could you post a screenshot of your managers Personal Screen (it's the screen that shows your starting rep., dob ect.) on the date you take control at your new club.

• Progress of your club should be documented using this thread. We want to hear the story of your club all the way through (success or failure). So please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly.

• At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review, including the minimum of a screenshot of the league table. If you give this a title in bold it makes it a bit easier for others to pick out.

• Use of save game editors is strictly banned, whatever the reason. Ticking that box at the start should see to this.

How to Post a Screenshot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Big thanks to johnnyquest409 for compiling the hall of fame for all the previous completed attempts at this challenge.
:thup:

Enjoy your European Adventure!
:cool:

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a long term member of the Big Euro nation I'm thinking of trying a small nation as well this year. I can't decide where I want to end up yet, but for some reason a Scandinavian country, maybe Iceland, really appeals.

I'll be joining in as soon as the official release is out. Will be playing in Sweden, hopefully as the manager for the local team from my hometown. :thup:

Update: that team was promoted last season, so should already be in that division at the start of the game. :(

Oh well, I'll guess I'll go for a team from the city I currently live in.

I'll be going back to my nordic roots and seeing what Norway has in store for me!:D
Any clubs in mind cookie? I'm gonna put my all into getting this thing completed this year. :)
Can confirm that Serbia's reset date is still 10th July.
Cheers.

130px-Vastra_frolunda_if.png

Here we go!

I was happy to see Västra Frölunda take the step up to the 2nd Division WG of the Swedish league system. They are a classic team who has seen much better days, and are now bouncing back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd regionals. They are also based just a few kilometers from my home, so it's easy to identify with them.

Here's my manager profile and information.

I haven't had time to do much more than just fire up the game and holiday to reset date (which I can confirm to be Dec 15th), but I will get going with the challenge soon.

There isn't a relegation spot in the Netherlands this year. Do we have to pick the team that finished in last position in the first season?
It's upto you guys, what do you think?I think I've said in the past it would render a nation unplayable, but I'm open to suggests.

After a bit of deliberation i've decided Slovenia is the place for me to start my first FM 15 save. I'd already made my mind up that Ilirija were the club I wanted to take charge of after looking at the sides in the 3rd tier that would be eligible after the reset mostly because they are Slovenia's oldest club. Haven't made any signings as of yet as i'm waiting for adverts in the job center to be answered :D We're 13th in the finances list and with the chairman wanting to leave hopefully we will get luck and have a bit more cash pumped in.

Gundo I can also confirm the reset date for Slovenia is again 1st July

It's upto you guys, what do you think?I think I've said in the past it would render a nation unplayable, but I'm open to suggests.

I agree with you, Gundo. Isn't that why you removed Ireland?

And good luck in Slovenia, Dexter!

Going to give this a try in Belgium...

logo.png

KFCO Beerschot-Wilrijk

Theo Bleesz

Information

Club Information

Club History

KFCO Beerschot-Wilrijk (Beerschot from here on out) has a lineage starting in 1899 as Beerschot on the outskirts of Antwerp. They reached the top division in 1989 and played in the UEFA Cup twice. Beerschot merged with Germinal Ekeren in 1999 and had more success, winning a Belgian Cup but ran into financial difficulties which led to bankruptcy in 2013. They subsequently merged with KFCO Wilrijk and played in the Provincial leagues for a season before being promoted after my 2014/2015 holiday.

We should have a good potential fanbase in Antwerp although we are the second team behind Royal Antwerp. Good sized (12,296 seat) stadium in Olympisch Stadion. We're pegged at 20-1, right in the middle but the best odds are only 8-1 so we should have a chance. We start out with an affiliation set up with AA Gent so that should help.

ND_Ilirija.png

ND Ilirija Ljubljana

Transfers - Table - Cup - Urtelj - Finances

Not a great season by any means but considering I jumped straight in to the challenge without testing any tactics i'm happy we at least did enough to stay up. Not being able to afford an assistant manager also didn't help our cause but i'm hoping now we've survived the season we can attract one this year.

My aim for the coming season is to try and improve the tactic and hopefully climb a bit higher, finances are good and we are lucky to be a side that doesn't lose much money each month (the finances actually improved after that screenshot and it is now just over £415k) so hopefully in a few seasons time we can really improve the squad.

ND_Ilirija.png

ND Ilirija Ljubljana

Transfers - Table - Cup - Urtelj - Finances

Not a great season by any means but considering I jumped straight in to the challenge without testing any tactics i'm happy we at least did enough to stay up. Not being able to afford an assistant manager also didn't help our cause but i'm hoping now we've survived the season we can attract one this year.

My aim for the coming season is to try and improve the tactic and hopefully climb a bit higher, finances are good and we are lucky to be a side that doesn't lose much money each month (the finances actually improved after that screenshot and it is now just over £415k) so hopefully in a few seasons time we can really improve the squad.

Not that bad. You will probably improve next season.

I can honestly say I haven't heard of one single team in that division ever. :D

Cheers Taunton. Tbh I wouldn't have heard of most of them if it wasn't for the fact this is my 3rd attempt at the challenge in Slovenia or had a save as Olimpija Ljubljana on FM 12 :D

I do like saves in Slovenia as it takes a lot to overcome Maribor let alone do much in Europe so it keeps it interesting. Thankfully survival helped attract a better standard of players so we are 3rd (point off 2nd and 6 off top) with 9 games to go. I am really flying through this at the moment as i'm on a new laptop at last and also got some time off work sick so it's taking about 5 hours or so to do a season whereas previously i'd be lucky to do even a season in this challenge in a day :D

ND_Ilirija.png

ND Ilirija Ljubljana 2016/17 Review

Transfers - Table - Cup - Playoff 1st Leg 2nd Leg - Kralj - Krajnc - Finances

The promotion was unexpected but pretty much deserved despite the scare in the 2nd leg of the playoff as our form was superb all season long. The 14 goals from Sesak certainly helped and it was a big improvement of the 4 our leading scorer managed last season :D The defence had also tightened considerably which was good to see after the previous year.

As always with promotion there is something that pops up that causes expense and for us it was a terrace conversion, the club also turned pro which was at least some good news.

Even with the ability to scout all over Europe now with the promotion and 20 trails being offered afters from agents it's been a case of either players not being good enough or we can't offer enough wages (£400 is the max) so there has only been 2 signings so far as we go in to the eve of our first top flight game.

Season	    League		   Position	   Slovenian Cup
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16     Second League          7th		   Qualifying Round
2016/17     Second League          2nd             First Round

First time trying this challenge so looking forward getting involved. Good luck to everyone taking part!.. Romania is the chosen destination for my journey. I can confirm that the league reset date is 1st July rather than 30th June.

C.F Millenium Giarmata

http://i.imgur.com/Hzo8kru.png[/img]"]Manager Profile, http://i.imgur.com/llUg405.png[/img]"]Manager Informatiohttp://i.imgur.com/llUg405.png[/img]"]n, http://i.imgur.com/lkb2vvg.png[/img]"]Club Overview , http://i.imgur.com/PxJcnky.png[/img]"]Club Facilities

The main thing that stands out about the club is the mighty 300 seater stadium! , already looking forward to the expansion of the ground and how it will appear in this years game.

Going to give this a try in Belgium...

Beerschot_AC.png

KFCO Beerschot-Wilrijk

Theo Bleesz

Information

Club Information

Club History

KFCO Beerschot-Wilrijk (Beerschot from here on out) has a lineage starting in 1899 as Beerschot on the outskirts of Antwerp. They reached the top division in 1989 and played in the UEFA Cup twice. Beerschot merged with Germinal Ekeren in 1999 and had more success, winning a Belgian Cup but ran into financial difficulties which led to bankruptcy in 2013. They subsequently merged with KFCO Wilrijk and played in the Provincial leagues for a season before being promoted after my 2014/2015 holiday.

We should have a good potential fanbase in Antwerp although we are the second team behind Royal Antwerp. Good sized (12,296 seat) stadium in Olympisch Stadion. We're pegged at 20-1, right in the middle but the best odds are only 8-1 so we should have a chance. We start out with an affiliation set up with AA Gent so that should help.

I hate Beerschot in real life, but good luck with the challenge.

BTW, isn't the correct logo. Is the old logo.

ND_Ilirija.png

ND Ilirija Ljubljana 2017/18 Review

Transfers - Table - Cup - Smit - Skoflek - Finances

It went right to the final game to secure survival but we just about about managed it. There were lots of tough times during the season but for the majority of it we managed to stay around 8th with a high of 6th when we had a decent run just before the winter break which in all honesty was probably the biggest reason we stayed up. A few of the trials offered out eventually seen us get a pair of gems in Javier Silva and Careca who took a while to settle in but started showing their potential in the later stages of the season.

We have been given a £14k a week wage budget for this season which is a massive increase on the £4k of last year so i'm hoping we can avoid a lot of the rejections we had by players like last year due to the £400 a week limit, but obviously I won't be offering silly money out either as we need to establish ourselves in this division for a while yet.

I've convinced the board to improve coach and assistant manager wages so I can finally add a few more in the coaching roles and hopefully finally get an assistant manager as this has been one of my biggest frustrations over the last 3 seasons. We can attract an ass man but when they want £1k or over and I can only pay £300 there is nothing I can do and I feel not having one will eventually come back to bite me. In fact so far on FM15 this is my biggest complaint, along with the fact if you keep it open after the initial few applicants it seems you get no more and have to take the ad down and then put it back up :mad: But even now it doesn't seem enough to hire even an average one.

We had one 4* come through our youth intake, i'm not entirely convinced but he's been improving month by month so he might be worth keeping an eye on. The youth coaching went up to average over the summer so hopefully it won't be too long before some good products start to come through on a regular basis.

Aim for the season is again to stay up, the squad has been improved with 4/5 new players as i've been typing so hopefully that will make survival a bit easier.

Season	    League		   Position	   Slovenian Cup
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16     Second League          7th		   Qualifying Round
2016/17     Second League          2nd             First Round
2017/18     PrvaLiga               7th             First Round

Neuchâtel Xamax - 2015/16 - Season 1

Have flown through a couple of seasons as have had some time off of work. Will provide brief updates of the seasons I have done and will add more depth as I catch up.

Manager Profile

Table - finished in at 7th fairly comfortably.

Cup - a run to the third round including knocking out a super league team.

Season      Competition        Position   Swiss Cup
--------------------------------------------------------
2015/16     Challenge League   7th        3rd Round   

I hate Beerschot in real life, but good luck with the challenge.

BTW, isn't the correct logo. Is the old logo.

Yeah, wasn't quite sure about the logo, was hoping this one was current as I liked it. Oh well, I'll get it changed, thank you for the heads up.

Super, maybe one of the researchers can shed some light on the situation.

Answer to the Dutch question is here

What does everyone think then? The only solution really is play as the bottom side or exclude the Dutch league from the challenge, but obviously if you're allowed to be the bottom Dutch side then it would also mean bringing back the LOI with the same rule. I know with Scotland in the big Euro they allowed you to play as the bottom side.

Sorry to hear that Dexter. I think I will allow bottom finishing club only from Ireland and The Netherlands to be played.

It's a pain because we were 5th with 7 games to go when I saved last night :(

Just found out the Big Euro Challenge has taken Ireland over btw so guess that's out of the question now :(

After much deliberating between Partizan Minsk and a Greek side i've decided to go for Aris, the side I wanted was MGS Panserraikos but they were in the same division as Aris and with Aris' rep being so much higher I got bored tbh as it was only them whoever came up :D

Archived