FM15: Juventus FC Thread - Lets get the old lady singing!

Ncfc_king

w0mixk.jpg

Welcome to the Juventus FC Team Thread!

jfc8k4.jpg

Club Details

2vc88cn.png

Juventus Stadium

r215r8.jpg

8xuesz.png

Kits

akdhmf.png

Juventus have played in black and white striped shirts, with white shorts, sometimes black shorts since 1903. Originally, they played in pink shirts with a black tie, but only because they had been sent the wrong shirts. The father of one of the players made the earliest shirts, but continual washing faded the colour so much that in 1903 the club sought to replace them.

Juventus asked one of their team members, Englishman John Savage, if he had any contacts in England who could supply new shirts in a colour that would better withstand the elements. He had a friend who lived in Nottingham, who being a Notts County supporter, shipped out the black and white striped shirts to Turin. Juve have worn the shirts ever since, considering the colours to be aggressive and powerful.

Club Finances

33dha89.png

Honours

33cujwk.png

History

How it started

Juventus were founded as Sport Club Juventus in late 1897 by pupils from the Massimo D'Azeglio Lyceum school in Turin, but were renamed as Foot-Ball Club Juventus two years later. The club joined the Italian Football Championship during 1900. In 1904 the businessman Ajmone-Marsan revived the finances of the football club Juventus, making it also possible to transfer the training field from Piazza d'Armi to the more appropriate Velodrome Umberto I,while playing at the Velodrome Umberto I they won their first championship in 1905.

There was a split at the club in 1906, after some of the staff considered moving Juventus out of Turin. President Alfred Dickwas unhappy with this and left with some prominent players to found FBC Torino which in turn spawned the Derby della Mole.Juventus spent much of this period steadily rebuilding after the split, surviving the First World War.

Juventus domination

When Edoardo Agnelli gained control of the club in 1923, and built a new stadium.This helped the club to its second league championship in the 1925–26 season beating Alba Roma with an aggregate score of 12–1, Antonio Vojak's goals were essential that season.The club established itself as a major force in Italian football since the 1930s, becoming the country's first professional club and the first with a decentralised fan base, which led it to win a record five consecutive Italian championships the first four under the management of Carlo Carcano and form the core of the Italy national team during the Vittorio Pozzo's era, including the 1934 world championsquad. With star players such as Raimundo Orsi, Luigi Bertolini, Giovanni Ferrari and Luis Monti amongst others.

Juventus moved to the Stadio Comunale, but for the rest of the 1930s and the majority of the 1940s they were unable to recapture championship dominance. After the Second World War,Gianni Agnelli was appointed honorary president.The club added two more league championships to its name in the 1949–50 and 1951–52 seasons, the latter of which was under the management of Englishman Jesse Carver. Two new strikers were signed during 1957–58; Welshman John Charles and Italo-Argentine Omar Sivori, playing alongside longtime member Giampiero Boniperti. That season saw Juventus awarded with the Golden Star for Sport Excellence to wear on their shirts after becoming the first Italian side to win ten league titles. In the same season, Omar Sivori became the first ever player at the club to win the European Footballer of the Year.The following season they beat Fiorentina to complete their first league and cup double, winning Serie A and Coppa Italia. Boniperti retired in 1961 as the all-time top scorer at the club, with 182 goals in all competitions, a club record which stood for 45 years.

During the rest of the decade the club won the league just once more in 1966–67,However, the 1970s saw Juventus further solidify their strong position in Italian football. Under former player Čestmír Vycpálek they won the scudetto in 1971–72 and 1972–73,with players such as Roberto Bettega, Franco Causio and José Altafini breaking through. During the rest of the decade they won the league twice more, with defender Gaetano Scirea contributing significantly. The later win was under Giovanni Trapattoni, who helped the club's domination continue on into the early part of the 1980sand to form the backbone of the Italian national team during Enzo Bearzot's era, including the 1978 FIFA World Cup and 1982 world championsquads.

Dominating the 1990's

Marcello Lippi took over as Juventus manager at the start of the 1994–95 campaign. His first season at the helm of the club was a successful one, as Juventus recorded their first Serie A championship title since the mid-1980s. The crop of players during this period featured Ciro Ferrara, Roberto Baggio, Gianluca Vialli and a young Alessandro Del Piero. Lippi lead Juventus to the Champions League the following season, beating Ajax on penalties after a 1–1 draw in which Fabrizio Ravanelli scored for Juve.

The club did not rest long after winning the European Cup, more highly regarded players were brought into the fold in the form of Zinedine Zidane, Filippo Inzaghi and Edgar Davids. At home Juventus won Serie A in 1996–97 and 1997–98, as well as the 1996 UEFA Super Cup and the 1996 Intercontinental Cup. Juventus reached the 1997 and 1998 Champions League finals during this period, but lost out to Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid respectively.

Lippi's return

After a season's absence Lippi returned, signing big name players such as Gianluigi Buffon, David Trezeguet, Pavel Nedvěd and Lilian Thuram, helping the team to two more scudetto titles in the 2001–02 and 2002–03 seasons. Juventus were also part of an all Italian Champions League final in 2003 but lost out to Milan on penalties after the game ended in a 0–0 draw. The following year, Lippi was appointed as Italy's head coach, bringing an end to one of the most fruitful managerial spells in Juventus' history.

The "Calciopoli" scandal

Fabio Capello became its coach in 2004, and led Juventus to two more Serie A titles. However, in May 2006, Juventus became one of the five clubs linked to a Serie A match fixing scandal, the result of which saw the club relegated to Serie B for the first time in its history. The club was also stripped of the two titles won under Capello in 2005 and 2006.

Many key players left following the demotion to Serie B, including Thuram, star striker Zlatan Ibrahimović and defensive stalwart Fabio Cannavaro. However, other big name players such as Buffon, Del Piero and Nedvěd remained to help the club return to Serie A while youngsters from the primavera such as Sebastian Giovinco and Claudio Marchisio were integrated into the first team. They were promoted straight back up as league winners after the 2006–07 season while captain Del Piero claimed the top scorer award with 21 goals.

Return to Serie A

After returning to Serie A in the 2007–08 season, Juventus appointed Claudio Ranieri as manager. They finished in third place in their first season back in the top flight, and qualified for the 2008–09 Champions League third qualifying round in the preliminary stages. Juventus reached the group stages, where they beat Real Madrid in both home and away legs, before losing in the knockout round to Chelsea. Ranieri was sacked following a string of unsuccessful results, and Ciro Ferrara was appointed as manager on a temporary basis for the last two games of the 2008–09 season, before being subsequently appointed as the manager for the 2009–10 season.

However, Ferrara's stint as Juventus manager proved to be unsuccessful, with Juventus knocked out of Champions League and Coppa Italia, and just lying on the sixth place in the league table at the end of January 2010, leading to the dismissal of Ciro Ferrara and naming Alberto Zaccheroni as caretaker manager. Zaccheroni could not help the side improve, as Juventus finished the season in seventh place in Serie A. For the 2010–11 season, Jean-Claude Blanc was replaced by Andrea Agnellias the club's president. Agnelli's first action was to replace Zaccheroni and Director of Sport Alessio Secco with Sampdoria manager Luigi Delneriand Director of Sport Giuseppe Marotta. However, Delneri failed to improve their fortunes and was dismissed. Former player and fan favourite Antonio Conte, fresh after winning promotion with Siena, was named as Delneri's replacement. In September 2011, Juve relocated to the new Juventus Stadium.

With Conte as manager, Juventus went unbeaten for the entire 2011–12 Serie A season. Towards the second half of the season, the team was mostly competing with northern rivals Milan for first place in a tight contest. Juventus won the title on the 37th matchday, after beating Cagliari 2–0, and Milan losing to Internazionale 4–2. After a 3–1 win in the final matchday against Atalanta, Juventus became the first team to go the season unbeaten in the current 38-game format. Other noteworthy achievements include the biggest away win (5–0 at Fiorentina), best defensive record (20 goals conceded, fewest ever in the current league format) in Serie A and second best in the top six European leagues that year.

In 2013–14, Juventus won a third consecutive scudetto with a record 102 points. The title was the 30th official league championship in the club's history. They also achieved the semi-finals of 2013–14 UEFA Europa League being eliminated at home against 10-man Benfica, missing the final at the Juventus Stadium.

2wlynif.png

looks like a nice start

just started a fresh save as these, purely to scout out Eastern Europe (I have no intention of playing Juventus on the fullgame, I'm just experimenting with different clubs before the editor is released)

squad looks pretty good, even if it tries to be decimated early on

Signings and Prospects:

Ferrando (Youth) looks like a handy DC for the future, so tie him up (and maybe give him some games)

Kranevitter (River) as a DM, their club play difficult and he gets unsettled (but maybe 5.25m is good enough, scouts rate him highly)

Sackey (Slovan Liberec) as DM also looks pretty handy, a 2.9m offer was accepted (5.5k per week contract, hot prospect status) - pretty selfish though, but great physicals

Schennikov from CSKA can be signed for 9.5m (on a 32k per week deal)

Dragovic (Dynamo Kyiv) for 10m on a 31k per week deal

Cash you can get:

Lichtsteiner - 10m (poss more), or 74k per week to renew his deal

Bonucci - 17.5m (claused) - gets his head turned by Barcelona, your choice

Caceres - 8m

Asamoah - 24.5m (claused)

Padoin - 2m from Atlanta (but 3.8k per week until 2016 to do so)

Coaches:

Juventus have a lot of them

I went for Neri (as fitness) on 3.2k per week, Carminati (as a general coach, but is 4* most places) on 3.2k per week, and Nuciari (as GK, 4.5* both areas) on 2.5k per week

and Filipi has 5* for handling, so you may want to use him as that

Formation and instructions:

Play Tevez as AMC, with a "shadow striker" role, and watch as he'll dominate your scoring

Can't figure out how to get my lone striker scoring, hmmm

Am pretty solid at the back

Had some trouble scoring (did have WBs set to "complete"-attack, but nerfed it when we were draw-kings)

And having great success with Llorente up top on his own as a Treq (with Tevez in behind)

This is my preferred 11, and their roles (and team instructions)

JXoLlAq.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Started my Juve game.

Signed Depay for £14.5M (some of it in monthly settlements) and secured Tielemans for £10M (all over 36 months) but he's loaned to Toulouse so I'll get him summer 2015.

Got a super tough group in CL: Arsenal, Dortmund and Monaco :mad:

After a very good season 1 with winning the Serie A, runners up of Champions League going into season 2.

August

vs Palermo (A) - Serie A

3-1

Tevez 38' PK , Diego Costa 50' 65'

vs Roma (H) - Serie A

2-0

Depay 50' , Vidal 57'

September

vs Empoli (H) - Serie A

3-0

Balanta 27', Andre Ayew 57' , Berardi 81'

vs Real Madrid (H) - Champions Leauge

3-0

Bonucci 7', Diego Costa 12' 90'

Wonderful game for us, everything went as good as it could.

vs Inter Milan (A) - Serie A

1-3

Tevez 70'

This one hurts me a lot...

vs Catania (H) - Serie A

1-0

Depay 51'

vs Udinese (A) - Serie A

2-0

Morata 22', Gabbiadini 66' , Chiellini red card 69'

vs Sparta Prague (A) - Champions League

2-2

Pogba 11' , Diego Costa 64'

My defence was just epicly bad in this game...

October

vs Sassauolo (H) - Serie A

2-0

Depay 32' , Marchisio 44'

• 2 weeks later...
Impressive results, even more impressive actions in the transfer market. How did you land both Suarez and Messi?

buy low, sell high :)

my transfer history:

WZjmRkU.png

vPbFrpB.png

h3luodg.png

LZBWby5.png

KCdZeK5.png

Suarez + €10M after 50 league appearances + €15M after 50 league goals = €85M

Jese + €11M after 10 league goals = €64M

2bHNrBn.png

Messi + €18M after 50 league appearances + €18M after 50 league goals = €100M

Fierro + €5M after 10 league appearances + €5M after 10 league goals = €70M

€82M for Berardi and €89М for Munir, whoa dude, can I hire you for my personal accountant? Nice wheeling and dealing!

:) They were not bad players at all. But no doubt PSG/City overpaid them.

Hi

At work so can't check your images.

How did Giovinco do for you?

Or was he shown the door :)

He was alright and scored two very important goals in the Champions League final. But after the first season I sold him to Monaco for €34,5M + Llorente to Roma for €35M, Morata to Southampton for €25M. I needed the money and signed Cavani...

How do you handle wingerless tactics? I'm currently using one that is like yours with just this difference - one of the CMs is moved to DM spot. Nevertheless, I feel that there is not enough protection on the flanks, what do you go for?

How do you handle wingerless tactics? I'm currently using one that is like yours with just this difference - one of the CMs is moved to DM spot. Nevertheless, I feel that there is not enough protection on the flanks, what do you go for?

my team instructions:

iaxIHSW.jpg

but yeah, it is not the best defensive tactic. I have used several tactics in the past six years: 2014/15 and 15/16 - Conte's 3-5-2; 15 & 12 goals against

2016/17 and 17/18 - 4-1-3-2; 16 & 17 goals against

2018/19 (now) - Allegri's 4-3-1-2; 28 goals against

R7IHaKe.jpg

What did you guys do to eventually replace Buffon?

Jerónimo Rulli

Thx saosinfan4 I will see what can be changed in my tactic.

And about the goalie, I just signed Scuffet and I see him as a worthy replacement. Unfortunately I had to pay €47,5ish M but I hope it is worthy because my scouts give him 5 stars PA.

Oh, and saosinfan4 one more thing. Can you share a screenshot of Comans development. I have high hopes for that kid

Thx saosinfan4 I will see what can be changed in my tactic.

And about the goalie, I just signed Scuffet and I see him as a worthy replacement. Unfortunately I had to pay €47,5ish M but I hope it is worthy because my scouts give him 5 stars PA.

Oh, and saosinfan4 one more thing. Can you share a screenshot of Comans development. I have high hopes for that kid

WkqqyXg.png

LorA1Zy.jpg

He had a serious injury last season and was out 3 months with a torn calf muscle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perhaps a time to revive this thread a bit.

I've taken over Juventus and had quite a succesful stint in my two two years on the job. I've won a league title (the first in nine years), and the Champions League twice. As I'm in 2028, many of the original players are now gone from the game, but I still have Paul Pogba as my general in midfield, and Berardi is still a pretty good striker, though age is catching up to him a bit.

How are you guys doing?

h4XXidI.png

dZJq6oZ.png

I've set my sights on Rocco Speranza as the heir to Berardi, but I figure he'll be expensive.

FOSBrqy.png

Anyone have any recommendations for me? I'm in season one in November, tied with Inter at the top of Serie A and joint top in a Champions League group with Barcelona, Sporting, and Monaco. My main issue is at that I have scored 14 goals in 10 league games, Llortente hasn't scored yet, and now Giovinco won't renew his contract so I'll try to sell him in January.

Giovinco has had 2 amazing seasons at Barca on my save as Messi's understudy - 20+ goals a season for both seasons.

You won't get much for him - I bought him for £3.5M which was maybe £2M less than his value.

Definitely worth trying to win him over .......

Giovinco has had 2 amazing seasons at Barca on my save as Messi's understudy - 20+ goals a season for both seasons.

You won't get much for him - I bought him for £3.5M which was maybe £2M less than his value.

Definitely worth trying to win him over .......

Well I just let him go for £2.2 million, he wouldn't sign a deal. Llorente has scored a few but now I've renewed too many contracts and can't afford Munir's salary demands. Vidal wants to leave for Man City, and I just got stuffed 3-0 by Torino.

Went on a tear after buying Berardi's 50% out in January, won 13 straight in Serie A, and 16 of 17 to clinch the title with 3 games remaining. I've also made it into the final of the Champions League, Dortmund awaits. I won the SuperCoppa but lost in the semis of the Italian Cup.

Beat Dortmund 2-0 to win the Champions League, about to start season two.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what season Pirlo generally retires after? I'm hoping season two because I've just arranged to buy Neves in June of 2016.

Just checked my save (playing as Spurs) and he played four seasons - three for Juventus and one in the Championship with Leicester(!). Having said that, the 3rd season with Juve he only played 9 games, but the first two he looks to be have been a regular.

Ruben Neves should be a great replacement.

Just checked my save (playing as Spurs) and he played four seasons - three for Juventus and one in the Championship with Leicester(!). Having said that, the 3rd season with Juve he only played 9 games, but the first two he looks to be have been a regular.

Ruben Neves should be a great replacement.

Thanks, I'll be playing him more frequently in the second season, and then maybe try and get his wages down and keep him around for another year or two to tutor others.

Thinking of starting up a Juventus save on the 15.3 update.

I did a Juventus save years ago (when they were relegated), and really enjoyed it.

EDIT: What are the rules around signing non-EU players in Serie A - I've been out of the loop a while?

I've just started a save as Juventus on the new patch and I'm pretty excited to play with Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal!

I'm keen to keep the squad mostly as is for the first season or two, and intended only to buy Jose Gaya to play as Left Wing Back (I don't like Evra and wanted some competition for Asamoah) but Marquinhos was transfer listed at the game's start for £3.5m! I also picked up Sergi Samper on a season long loan from Barcelona with a £9m future fee as part of the deal. I think he could be Pirlo's long term replacement and liked the idea of using him as cover for this season to see how he fares when he covers.

Juventus 2014/15

I decided to start a Juventus save, start off with £7m, sold some deadwood, then received some big bids for Bonucci and Asamoah, so decided to cash in and re-invest, so the transfer window ended like this:

2yyb0cw.png

Here is my Champions League draw:

288a3k2.png

Managed to pick up a 2-2 away draw in the Santiago Bernabéu in the first game.

Played 4 games in the league, won 4, here is the season opener and the league table as it stands:

kqi4k.png

2dvua9v.png

Just finished season two with Juve. Had a dominating campaign in the league, winning the league by the 31st game, finished with 32 wins, 5 draws, and 1 loss and only conceded 12 goals. Also won the European Super Cup, the Italian Supercoppa, and the Club World Cup. Went out of the Champions League in the semi-finals to Real Madrid, winning 1-0 at home before losing 4-0 away. Also lost to Milan in the final of the Italian Cup. Decent season, but I wanted to repeat as winners of the Champions League. The squad looks OK for now, but Tevez, Pogba, and Asamoah all want new challenges, so some replacements might be needed.

Just finished season two with Juve. Had a dominating campaign in the league, winning the league by the 31st game, finished with 32 wins, 5 draws, and 1 loss and only conceded 12 goals. Also won the European Super Cup and the Italian Supercoppa. Went out of the Champions League in the semi-finals to Real Madrid, winning 1-0 at home before losing 4-0 away. Also lost to Milan in the final of the Italian Cup. Decent season, but I wanted to repeat as winners of the Champions League. The squad looks OK for now, but Tevez, Pogba, and Asamoah all want new challenges, so some replacements might be needed.

I guess the challenge with Juve is to keep them at that level for a number of years, as winning things is pretty much guaranteed from the start.

Who do you think you'll get to replace Pogba? In all my saves as other teams he's stayed at Juve - in fact, I don't think I've ever seen him leave - so maybe you'll be able to talk him in to staying.

Looking to sign a new CAM in Jan as I have been given a further £37.5m to spend, so torn between De Bruyne and Isco....anyone know which is better in the game?

I've not had Isco in the game but De Bruyne is excellent. He's great as an advanced playmaker behind the striker(s) and can be retrained in to a world class centre-midfielder too, which is where I use him (in a narrow diamond as a DLP).

Where did you get those background images from? Can you slot your own in or do you have to install a skin?

This is the default skin that comes with the game, and I put my own backgrounds in from Google images (using an old Backgrounds Packs as a start point).

Just finished season two with Juve. Had a dominating campaign in the league, winning the league by the 31st game, finished with 32 wins, 5 draws, and 1 loss and only conceded 12 goals. Also won the European Super Cup and the Italian Supercoppa. Went out of the Champions League in the semi-finals to Real Madrid, winning 1-0 at home before losing 4-0 away. Also lost to Milan in the final of the Italian Cup. Decent season, but I wanted to repeat as winners of the Champions League. The squad looks OK for now, but Tevez, Pogba, and Asamoah all want new challenges, so some replacements might be needed.

He wanted to leave because Bayern were interested in him. So I'm in the summer of 2016, and at the European Championships, Ruben Neves, who is joining me July 1, breaks Pogba's foot in the France v. Portugal match. Pogba is out for 4-5 months, and Bayern apparently don't want him, so I don't know if he is actually going to leave. The issue is that I arranged the transfer of Kranevittar (might be spelling it wrong) because Pogba had asked to leave, so I might have a midfield with one or two too many now. I play a narrow 4-4-2 diamond, and I currently have Pirlo, Romero, Marchisio, Veratti, Pogba, Stuaro, Coman, and Tielemans.

Archived