FM15: What Team Should I Be?

Gandy

FM15 - What Team Should I Be?

Template One - For users who would like to recommend a team

The same layout as the last two years which I feel is most effective.

Club:

Division:

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Board Expectation(s):

Key Players:

Pros:

Cons:

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult):

Additional Information:

Template Two - For users who arent quite sure what team to be and would like some advice.

Nation:

Division:

European Competition:

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other:

Simply copy and paste the template above into your post box and enter the information required and the fine people on the GPTG Thread will do the rest!!!

If you need any further advice on your specific club, please look in our Official Forum Links.

Stolen from SRL88's thread last year.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One to get started.

Club: West Ham United.

Division: Premier League.

Transfer Budget: £3,000,000

Wage Budget: £900,000 (no room to move here).

Finances: Secure (£7.46m).

Board Expectation(s): Mid-table finish.

Key Players: Alex Song, Mark Noble, Enner Valencia, Mauro Zárate and Andy Carroll.

Pros: One of the most complete squads West Ham have had for a long time. Board are reasonable.

Cons: There isn't much room to get your own signings in the first transfer window.

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 5.

Additional Information: Click here for FM15's team thread.

Club: Nottingham Forest

Division: Sky Bet Championship

Transfer Budget: £6m

Wage Budget: £384k(£325k ish spending)

Finances: About £10m

Board Expectation(s): Top Half Finish/Respectable League Finish

Key Players: Britt Assombalonga, Andy Reid, Henri Lansbury, Jack Hobbs and the rest :D.

Pros: The squad is good enough for promotion now. Chairman who will back you. Has been a sugar daddy in previous seasons. Not sure if he is now.

Cons: Financial Fair Play

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 5

Additional Information: Nottingham Forest Thread for FM15. Former league champion, 2 time European Cup Winners. Why not come and try and recreate that.

Nation: Not sure. Have had fun in Germany and Portugal in the past. Don't want a league which has a strange format! Currently looking at Holland but up for other suggestions! Not a team from the English Premier League.

Division: Top or second division.

European Competition: Not the CL.

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any, although would prefer something not too harsh

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: I want a team who can easily get promoted to the top league after 1 season or a team in the top league who are not quite in the top few teams, but with the right management can become contenders within a couple of years. A sleeping giant perhaps?

Nation: Not sure. Have had fun in Germany and Portugal in the past. Don't want a league which has a strange format! Currently looking at Holland but up for other suggestions! Not a team from the English Premier League.

Other: I want a team who can easily get promoted to the top league after 1 season or a team in the top league who are not quite in the top few teams, but with the right management can become contenders within a couple of years. A sleeping giant perhaps?

I have to say that Forest seem like the right kind of club for you.

Looking for a decent team in Europe's top division who has got lots of potential for improvement. Not England. Countries with minimal foreign restrictions etc.

Hertha Berlin in Germany? Start the game as 'Rich', great youth and training facilities, 74,244 all seater stadium as a big club in one of Europe's most important cities.

Sleeping giant, not won the Bundesliga since 1931. One of the favourites for relegation at game start. That's some potential there.

Or any team in the Dutch or German top divisions really, all have potential, both nations have minimal foreign restrictions for their top divisions.

RB Leipzig were my favourite on FM14, but they were in Div 3 then. In FM15 they start in Div 2, but the board expect only a safe position, you have great facilities, great (!!) sponsorship deals in place, a 45k all seater stadium and blank history to write as they were only formed in 2009.

RB Leipzig were my favourite on FM14, but they were in Div 3 then. In FM15 they start in Div 2, but the board expect only a safe position, you have great facilities, great (!!) sponsorship deals in place, a 45k all seater stadium and blank history to write as they were only formed in 2009.

I would say this would be the team for you analogset111.

Nation: England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain.

Division: Any

European Competition: Don't mind

Media Prediction: 5th - 16th

Board Expectation(s): Don't mind

Transfer Budget: £4M - £11M

Wage Budget: 40k - 80k

Finances: Good

Other: Could push for a Champions League / Europa League spot in the future with the right management. If a lower team within 3 / 4 years in the Premier League! Good, young squad.

Other: Could push for a Champions League / Europa League spot in the future with the right management. If a lower team within 3 / 4 years in the Premier League! Good, young squad.

Haven't seen them on FM 15, but maybe look at AS Saint Etienne in France. I had my favourite ever save on FM with them. Unfortunately they just lost Zouma to Chelsea; however I would hope players such as Mollo, Gradel, Monnet-Paquet, Van Wolfswinkel, Ruffier, Clement & Perrin provide a good base.

Haven't seen them on FM 15, but maybe look at AS Saint Etienne in France. I had my favourite ever save on FM with them. Unfortunately they just lost Zouma to Chelsea; however I would hope players such as Mollo, Gradel, Monnet-Paquet, Van Wolfswinkel, Ruffier, Clement & Perrin provide a good base.

Have any other teams maybe? Not too sure on them, but thanks.

Looking for an English team below Championship with the highest potential - either good finances, high levels of income from transfers or tickets or some great talents who can make it even when promoted to PL eventually. Any suggestions?

Have any other teams maybe? Not too sure on them, but thanks.

Apart from the obvious Southampton, what about Bayer 04 Leverkusen? Heung-Min Son, Julian Brandt, Levin Oztunali, Tin Jedvaj, Haken Calhanoglu, Josip Drmic, Lars Bender, Bernd Leno, Omar Toprak, Kyriakos Papadopolous and Stefan Kiesling.

Wow, I actually got quite excited writing out those players!

Edit: Also add Christoph Kramer to that list, who's probaley the best of the lot, he starts on loan at Borussia Mochengladbach. He started for Germany in the WC Final :thup:

Looking for an English team below Championship with the highest potential - either good finances, high levels of income from transfers or tickets or some great talents who can make it even when promoted to PL eventually. Any suggestions?

Sheffield United are probably the biggest team outside the top 2 tiers with highest potential. Big following, 'great' training facilities, above average youth recruitment range and 32k all seater stadium. They start FM15 with some pretty decent players for League 1 as well.

Or Portsmouth in League 2, but I'm not sure how crippled they are by outstanding debt so might not be you're thing with the finances.

But they're the two 'biggest' clubs outside the Championship and Premier League?

Sheffield United are probably the biggest team outside the top 2 tiers with highest potential. Big following, 'great' training facilities, above average youth recruitment range and 32k all seater stadium. They start FM15 with some pretty decent players for League 1 as well.

Or Portsmouth in League 2, but I'm not sure how crippled they are by outstanding debt so might not be you're thing with the finances.

But they're the two 'biggest' clubs outside the Championship and Premier League?

Even Leeds, if you can survive their owner.

Nation: England

Division: Championship or lower

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: anything but relegation

Board Expectation(s):same as above ^

Transfer Budget: A little money is nice or players I can sell

Wage Budget: No one over spending

Finances: Just not poor

Other: Main thing I'd like is a decent youth set up or the team to already have some good/decent youth players who I can build around

Other: Main thing I'd like is a decent youth set up or the team to already have some good/decent youth players who I can build around

Leeds or Notts Forrest might be the team for you.

Nottingham Forest possibly? See my post further up :thup:. Someone mentioned RB Leipzig further up as well. They may be a good shout.

Peterborugh United may be a good shout. As may Burton Albion.

Nottingham Forest. See my post further up. Definitely fits the bill.

Leeds or Notts Forrest might be the team for you.

Gandy :(. Notts Forrest :(. It's Nottm Forest, Forest or Nottingham Forest :).

Nation: France or Holland

Division: Top 2

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: mid table or below (not relegation fodder)

Board Expectation(s): low expectations, would like to manage without too much pressure

Transfer Budget: enough to bring in 3/4 solid first team players

Wage Budget: as above

Finances: as little debt as possible

Other: I usually manage in Britain and fancy a change. As this is new to me i want the freedom to manage without too much pressure but to have decent facilities and a decent squad with some cash to put my own spin on things. A good sized stadium and someone with a local/fierce derby rivalry would also be nice.

Nation:England

Division:Champ/league 1

European Competition:none

Media Prediction:mid tablers

Board Expectation(s):reasonable, not expecting promotion

Transfer Budget:a little to play with

Wage Budget:as above

Finances:good well run club with little or no debt

Other: would like good sized stadium with decent facilities, a local or fierce derby rivalry with a decent rep to attract good players.

Nation:England

Division:Champ/league 1

European Competition:none

Media Prediction:mid tablers

Board Expectation(s):reasonable, not expecting promotion

Transfer Budget:a little to play with

Wage Budget:as above

Finances:good well run club with little or no debt

Other: would like good sized stadium with decent facilities, a local or fierce derby rivalry with a decent rep to attract good players.

Nottingham Forest. See my post further up.

Personally, I cant wait til someone does an Ajax thread... Great fun and the youngsters this year are off the hook! Zivkovic / Kishna / Nouri / Cerny /Van de Beek / I could go on... Had a poor first seson. Semi finals of Euro League / 4th in Eredivise / Won Dutch Cup. Made up for it so far in second, changed tactic and 17 points clear after 21 games...

Wolfsburg. Media prediction and transfer budget is close to what you are looking for.

Young players like Knoche, Jung, Ricardo Rodriguez, Kevin De Bruyne, Perisic and Maximilian Arnold. They are all 25 and below. All are core of the 1st team this season irl.

Personally, I cant wait til someone does an Ajax thread... Great fun and the youngsters this year are off the hook! Zivkovic / Kishna / Nouri / Cerny /Van de Beek / I could go on... Had a poor first seson. Semi finals of Euro League / 4th in Eredivise / Won Dutch Cup. Made up for it so far in second, changed tactic and 17 points clear after 21 games...

Might do it, but for now I wouldn't recommend Ajax. First the Dutch salaries need to be fixed, otherwise you lose your best players each year.

Nation: France or Holland

Division: Top 2

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: mid table or below (not relegation fodder)

Board Expectation(s): low expectations, would like to manage without too much pressure

Transfer Budget: enough to bring in 3/4 solid first team players

Wage Budget: as above

Finances: as little debt as possible

Other: I usually manage in Britain and fancy a change. As this is new to me i want the freedom to manage without too much pressure but to have decent facilities and a decent squad with some cash to put my own spin on things. A good sized stadium and someone with a local/fierce derby rivalry would also be nice.

sounds like a notts forest save could be perfect

Nation: England, France, Germany, Italy or Spain.

Division: Second tier. (Championship, Ligue 2, 2. Bundesliga, Serie B, Liga Adelante)

European Competition: No.

Media Prediction: I don't want to fight in the relegation zone...

Board Expectation(s): Mid/-top.

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter but don't want to re-build the whole team just to fix a financial bleeding club.

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter but don't want to re-build the whole team just to fix a financial bleeding club.

Finances: Doesn't matter but don't want to re-build the whole team just to fix a financial bleeding club.

Other: I want a pretty easy challenge. A team where I can build up the financial status over time and then take the big leap to the top flight.

Nation: England, France, Germany, Italy or Spain.

Division: Second tier. (Championship, Ligue 2, 2. Bundesliga, Serie B, Liga Adelante)

European Competition: No.

Media Prediction: I don't want to fight in the relegation zone...

Board Expectation(s): Mid/-top.

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter but don't want to re-build the whole team just to fix a financial bleeding club.

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter but don't want to re-build the whole team just to fix a financial bleeding club.

Finances: Doesn't matter but don't want to re-build the whole team just to fix a financial bleeding club.

Other: I want a pretty easy challenge. A team where I can build up the financial status over time and then take the big leap to the top flight.

Watford would be a good team also being linked with Udinese and Granada helps with getting some players in aswell when needed.

Nation: Any

European Competition: Any

Board Expectation: Any

Other: I want to start with the easiest possible team. One where I don't have to buy many players an the tactics I play won't make much difference, with a board that won't be too harsh if I don't make my goal in the first season whilst I am getting used to playing the game.

Other: I want to start with the easiest possible team. One where I don't have to buy many players an the tactics I play won't make much difference, with a board that won't be too harsh if I don't make my goal in the first season whilst I am getting used to playing the game.

Give Chelsea a shot. One of the more complete squads in the game, though Abramovic probably won't accept a finish outside the top 4.

Or Celtic, though you'll be (probably) expected to win the league, it shouldn't be too hard?

In my opinion, Athletic Bilbao are the biggest challenge out there. Signing only basque players and Spanish players u16 is really difficult. Try and unseat Barcelona and Real Madrid at the top of La liga and try win a champions league and you've got an even bigger challenge. In order to have any hope you must develop your youth team. Buying the best players ain't an option. I've tried Bilbao in 2013 and 2014 and without a doubt, they were the most enjoyable saves ever!

Plymouth would be a good shout here - not from a financial point of view but from a prospects point of view. The captain Curtis Nelson and striker Tyler Harvey are both great local talents.

Nation: Any except England

Division: Not fussed

European Competition: Not fussed

Media Prediction: Mid table

Board Expectation(s): Steady progression

Transfer Budget: Not a major concern

Wage Budget: Same

Finances: As little debt as possible

Other: Something of a new challenge, one where I can really mould a squad.

Archived