Suggestion: Notification when international jobs become available

It's quite annoying that when I want to get job in national team I have to check all the time if any coach has been sacked (only after Euro or World Cup sometimes there is an information about coaches who has been sacked). I think that in FM09 should be info about sackings in all of active countries or an option to tick: "get info about job in national team". What do You think?

Occasionally they quit or retire during campaigns rather than after a major tournament. Personally I'd like to see this extended further to include options to be notified of all job vacancies in a specific country or division, and/or all clubs with a higher reputation than yours (so you're notified of vacancies at big clubs in all countries, but not all clubs in the top division).

Occasionally they quit or retire during campaigns rather than after a major tournament. Personally I'd like to see this extended further to include options to be notified of all job vacancies in a specific country or division, and/or all clubs with a higher reputation than yours (so you're notified of vacancies at big clubs in all countries, but not all clubs in the top division).

Really! I've never seen an international manager resign or be sacked during a tournament. It always happens at the end.

This would be super.

Really! I've never seen an international manager resign or be sacked during a tournament. It always happens at the end.

I saw the South African manager leave his job in the middle of the Group Stage of the World Cup... which South Africa was hosting! Don't recall if he was sacked or left voluntarily, but what timing!

Slightly off topic, but it would be cool to be able to apply to manage the U21's as well - say your a young manager / got no international experience then in order to get the England job your chances would be improved by having a stint managing the U21.

I don't think this is currently possible (although I may be wrong), if not it would be a good addition I think :thup:

I had my AssMan retire halfway through the World Cup with England. I wasn't able to replace him either for several months afterwards. No one would take the job.

As for Pearce, I sacked him from the U-21 job so I could manage it and he can get a club managerial job, though a year and a half later he is still unemployed.

Archived