[FM15] The only way to force Becks into Football Management

DavidBeckham

Dear all,

Having taken some time to think through and seek out advice from seasoned players, I have decided to take the plunge and start a career straight away on the beta version. I enjoyed my last save so much playing as my favorite retired footballer that I will follow the exact same principles once more on this version. Hopefully, I will enjoy the ride as much and you guys will have fun reading this! Do check out my FM14 career thread here if you are interested and as usual, you can follow me on twitter @DBecks07 for mini updates and some football banter ;)

Game Status

Current Version: 15.0.1f562897 (m.e v1522)

Database Size: Large

Selected Nations (Leagues)

England (Sky Bet Championship And Above)

Germany (First Division Only)

Italy (Serie A Only)

Spain (LIGA BBVA Only)

Similarly, I have chosen only the major European Leagues as I follow them closely in real life and can better relate to them :D

Personal Information

beQQ0OD.jpg?1

Nationalities

BYaK7Zj.jpg?1

Attributes

hL5Bva0.jpg?1

I have gone all the way towards the right for style focus and opted to be a full Tactical Manager as I have always been in favor of observing things from afar and trusting your coaching team to strut their stuff. And with that, we are all set and ready to go!

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

w7ary43.jpg?1

aEqtGcb.jpg?1

I was really surprised to hear the Fulham president raising his concerns about me going for multiple jobs and it seems that the interview process has gone up a notch on this version. Two jobs (Bolton & Fulham) were available at the start of the game and I was glad to be offered interviews by both clubs after applying. So..

..Bolton or Fulham?

Boom, think I'll enjoy being on board from the beginning.

I'd probably go for Fulham tbh, but then I managed Bolton in 14 and highly enjoyed it, either's a winner, and handily for Becks, based in Manchester or London is tidy.

Added you on Twitter too, though I rarely use the site.

mYd2Wqu.jpg?1

Cheers lads, really appreciate your kind advice! As you can see, I have gone for Fulham and the reasons are as follows:

1. Fulham has the better youth system. Despite the absolutely disastrous start under Magath in the championship, he has given some academy graduates valuable game time and I am looking to continue that way.

2. Becks was born in London, and Bolton are Man United's local rivals, hence making my decision easier :)

3. Last but not least, I love Michael Jackson

;)

Also, Patrick Roberts, who this year looks already bafflingly good.

He looks really good, screenshot below for those who are interested :)

xK4Zniv.jpg?1

I'm guessing it's not the David Beckham in the database, but the game assigned a number of caps for a "newgen" Beckham created by the OP

I am sure Nobby knows, he's just being cheeky ;)

Signing up to this thread.

Cheers mate, hope to see you drop by often :D

Makes sense, but pressure might probably be on.

The board is expecting us to reach the play-offs, gonna be a challenge!

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

Preseason 2014/2015 - Fulham F.C.

Club Info

2IyBCZR.jpg?1

Fulham's most successful period in recent history saw the club reach the European Cup final against A.Madrid under Roy Hodgson. Having played in England's top division for a number of seasons before this, the London club have reasonable youth and training facilities at this level. I see myself here in the long run and I will do my best to bring the club as far as I can before even thinking of my next move.

Board Expectations

Sky Bet Championship: Play-Off

FA Cup: Fourth Round

Capital One Cup: Third Round

Very reasonable expectations from my first ever club on FM15. I will be looking to go all out and finish as high up the league as possible, even if that means neglecting the cup competitions as we won't be able to win them given the quality of our squad anyway.

Budgets

Transfer: 3.4 million pounds

Wages: 380,000 pounds

The board is very generous given the fact that they have already spent a shameful sum of money on McCormack. The squad is also pretty well-stocked and that gives me quite a lot of room to play in.

Transfers

DwPyXGQ.jpg?1

We have the cash to splash but there aren't enough players of the right quality on the market. As mentioned, the squad is pretty well-rounded apart from the lack of power and bite in central midfield. Three similar midfield hard men were brought in to shore up the soft center. In addition, I am looking to save some cash as my first choice center back (Amorebieta) wants out. I am preparing for the worst here.

Players In

Francis Coquelin

Francis is a familiar name as he is from Arsenal's academy and has played a few games for the Gunners. However, he never really manage to establish himself in their first team squad and finds himself once again on the loan market. The Frenchman will add some much needed bite, aggression and work rate to our midfield.

Isaiah Osbourne

We only had Scott Parker in the squad to play the very important midfield anchoring role and there was a need to bring in someone to back him up. Isaiah was available on a free and has experience in English football, making my decision to sign him easier.

Medo

Medo is my most expensive transfer so far in this window and has great tackling ability, aggression and determination in his game. He will compete with Coquelin for the mobile midfield hard man role this season.

Preseason Friendlies

PAtkHYm.jpg?1

I only took charge late into July and only had time to play 6 pre-season friendlies. As a result, we are still a long way from maximum tactical familiarity and our results may suffer at the start of season. Not the easiest of games to start the season away at Ipswich and hopefully I do not start with a defeat!

Not the easiest of games to start the season away at Ipswich and hopefully I do not start with a defeat!

I'm saying nothing :D Are you using 'use real fixtures where available' as that was the actual opening game?

Slightly surprised you don't have the MLS, I know you've stuck to the big leagues you know but I thought it would be a very 'Beckham' place to go.

I'm saying nothing :D Are you using 'use real fixtures where available' as that was the actual opening game?

Slightly surprised you don't have the MLS, I know you've stuck to the big leagues you know but I thought it would be a very 'Beckham' place to go.

Yes I am using real fixtures :)

And very good point there about MLS! Thanks for reminding mate :D

n3tEweL.png?1

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

August to September 2014/2015 - Fulham F.C.

League

Vrf3rYy.jpg?1

It has been a satisfactory start to the season so far! We are unbeaten in the league after 9 games but drew 4 of them, with most of these games being away from Craven Cottage. The big kick-off was away at Ipswich but the boys missed numerous clear-cut chances and couldn't find the all important winner despite playing against 8 men :eek: We bagged our first 3 points of the season in our next game against Millwall at home but failed to keep up the momentum as we were held to a disappointing 2-2 draw at Craven Cottage against Wolves.

Next, the lads played out a nervy goal-less away draw against in-form Derby before returning to winning ways against Cardiff at home. Three consecutive wins followed in our best run of the season so far against Reading, Forest and Blackburn before we ended the month with a error-filled draw at Birmingham. Amorebieta misjudged a header to hand Birmingham an early lead before Woodrow capitalized on a poor back pass to slam home the equalizer on the 53rd minute.

REBi1iO.jpg?1

Looking at the top 10 in the table, we sit 3rd on 19 points and leaders Middlesbrough are running away with it on 24 points. Norwich, Derby and Bolton (a club I was so close to joining at the start) complete the top 6 while Charlton and Leeds lurk in 7th and 8th place respectively on 14 points.

Capital One Cup

r9rreIx.jpg?1

We have successfully met the board's expectations by reaching the third round but was on the wrong end of a penalty shootout against Charlton. The second choice players did their chances no harm by holding Charlton to a goal-less draw at the Valley after 120 minutes but both Bryan Ruiz and Shaun Hutchinson missed in the shootout defeat.

Deadline Day Transfer

Bw0YBfX.jpg?3

Adam Hammill was brought in for three million pounds as Bryan Ruiz has failed to impress down our right wing so far. The Englishman has pace to burn and is a determined, two footed winger who will add a lot to our attack this season \o/

Very good undefeated start.
Nice start.

Thanks lads! But sadly it didn't last very long :(

yep, made it my mission to get the 14 save to where we open the new stadium first though

Awesome mate, will wait for your FM15 save patiently!

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

October to December 2014/2015 - Fulham F.C.

League

qrCymfA.jpg?1

We are slightly past the half way mark and it is pleasing to see us closer to the top now! The boys kicked off October with a 3-0 home victory against Bolton and I thought my team was well-prepared for the top of table clash next against Middlesbrough. However, things went horribly wrong as our defense crumbled at the Riverside Stadium in a harsh 0-4 defeat. We had to bounce back as soon as possible and thankfully, Cauley Woodrow took his chance in a narrow 1-0 win against Norwich at Craven Cottage.

We followed up the win with six points out of six against Rotherham and Charlton, before we were brought back down to earth against Wigan away. Our right-back Hoogland had an uncharacteristic afternoon as he was the culprit for both goals. The lads showed their character once more by following up the defeat with two victories against Blackpool and Huddersfield, with Ross McCormack grabbing two in two. We then held on admirably to a 2-2 away draw against Brentford where we ended the game with 8 men after a Scott Parker sending off and a couple of injuries with no subs left.

EmGkxZF.png

The boys ended November on a real low as we were wasteful in a 0-2 defeat at Brighton. We have always bounced back so far in this campaign after defeats and it was business as usual as we beat Watford 2-0 at home with a Ross McCormack double. We managed to remain unbeaten for the rest of December with wins against Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Brighton, and a solitary draw against Bournemouth.

Table

0YOayPp.jpg?1

As mentioned at the start, we are now closer to league leaders Middlesbrough after 24 games. They are only ahead on goal difference and deservingly so as they scored 5 more goals and conceded two less than us. I was also pleased with the seven points gap between us and third placed Cardiff, giving us some breathing room in the automatic promotion spots. Bring on the second half! :D

Looks like Hammil is working out for you. :) Patrick Roberts looks a fantastic talent at just 17 and already seems to be putting in some stellar performances. :thup:

Hammill has been great but unlucky as he got injured while he was at his peak form :(

Patrick's developing along nicely and getting great game time at this level, relegation last season has turned out to be a blessing in disguise for the lad :)

Looking good as it stands.
so far so good :applause:

Cheers lads, long may it continue!

Smashing run! How long has Roberts on his contract? I'd be looking to maximize that soon as possible.

Thanks for the reminder mate, he was on a 4k pounds p/w contract till 2016 and I just offered him a pay rise and extension till 2017 as that was the furthest I was allowed to go :(

Doing well so far and already lasted longer than Kenny Jackett did on my game, he was appointed on 9th July and sacked on 1st October lol.

What do you mean mate? :)

with the date displayed as month/day/year.

Doing well so far and already lasted longer than Kenny Jackett did on my game, he was appointed on 9th July and sacked on 1st October lol.

with the date displayed as month/day/year.

Good start, keep it up. :thup:

Cheers lads! Regarding the date format, it was on default and to be honest, I am not really used to it yet :D

Thanks for the reminder mate, he was on a 4k pounds p/w contract till 2016 and I just offered him a pay rise and extension till 2017 as that was the furthest I was allowed to go :(

I find with young players like that, they're quite happy to accept a "One Year Extension After League Games (Final Season)" clause, to get a little extra time.

I find with young players like that, they're quite happy to accept a "One Year Extension After League Games (Final Season)" clause, to get a little extra time.

A really good point mate, will try to insert that clause in his next contract offer!

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

January 2014/2015 - Fulham F.C.

League

9xKTblu.jpg?1

The month of January made me realize that our problem lies in our attack, not in our defense. We did not concede a single goal for the entire month but only managed 2 goals at the other end in four matches. The match at Cardiff City Stadium was a dull one as we were held to a goal-less draw by the Welsh outfit. The boys were back to winning ways at home against Reading but none of our players managed a goal as we won via a Jake Cooper own goal. We failed to score once again in our next fixture against Forest as the lads found it hard against their flat midfield 5. We had to travel to Blackburn for our last league game of the month and it looked like a goal-less draw until Patrick Roberts broke clear of their defense to latch onto a long hopeful punt before slamming the ball past the keeper's near post.

Table

OMDCXSo.jpg?1

It was status quo at the top as we stayed behind the relentless Boro on goal difference. We both conceded 19 goals but the league leaders scored 7 goals more than us so far. I have two days to address our attacking problems before the transfer deadline closes!

FA Cup

KOb9pTL.jpg?1

January is the month of FA Cup as we got our campaign on the way. Unfortunately, it was also the same month when we got eliminated from my favourite cup competition of all time. We were drawn against Premier League outfit Leicester City and the lads were brilliant in the cup replay at Craven Cottage as we beat the big-timers 3-1. With the games piling up, I decided to rest most of our first 11 against Brentford in the next round. A mix up at the back cost us the winning goal as we were knocked out early in the fourth round :(

200px-Fulham_fc.svg.png

February to March 2014/2015 - Fulham F.C.

Transfers

bveVQvm.jpg?3

Two players were brought in during the January transfer window after I decided to offload a couple of players who don't suit my style of play. (eg. Bryan Ruiz as he has poor work rate) Petter Andersson was brought in to hopefully add a few more goals to our attack as we looked rather toothless in our last few games. The Swede will go straight into the first 11 to play in the 'Frank Lampard' role.

Our defense have looked slow at times this season and Varela will add some much needed pace in our central defense. He is a fantastic all rounded defender at this level and like Petter, he will go straight into the team to partner Amorebieta at the heart of our defense.

League

KfA2YkI.jpg?1

February

After a defensively solid January, our defenders began to make a series of shocking mistakes in February. It was business as usual in our first game of the month against Birmingham, with Woodrow and Medo sealing a hard-fought 2-0 home win. The defensive horror show kick started at the Reebok Stadium where we were on the wrong end of a seven goal thriller. Despite a Adam Hammill double, we continued to defend badly to concede two stupid goals at home to Ipswich and dropped two valuable points.

We bounced back in style against Millwall at Craven Cottage as Cauley Woodrow kept up his fine form and bagged himself a hat-trick in a 4-1 victory. Away from home, the lads continued to defend badly and Scott Parker lost possession to concede a late winner in a 1-2 defeat at Molineux Stadium. Derby were our next visitors and the boys showed their bouncebackability once again to end February in style with a 3-0 victory.

March

The start of March saw an exciting four goal thriller away at Watford and productive right winger Hammill scored a late equalizer to rescue a point for us. We then witnessed our biggest win of the season against Bournemouth at Craven Cottage as the lads ran riot in a 7-0 thumping. Our inconsistent form continued as we lost 1-2 away at Sheff Wed after two terrifically taken free-kicks by Ross Wallace. On a positive note, we ended March on a high with rare consecutive victories against Leeds and Huddersfield.

Table

1ZeOHbP.jpg?1

Despite dropping a grand total of 13 points in February and March, we somehow managed to overtake Middlesbrough to go top as they suffered a worse run of results. I was also pleased to see us surpassing their goal difference and the results against Bournemouth and Huddersfield have played a huge part. I would be really upset if we do not seal promotion from here as we are currently 14 points clear of third placed Wigan with seven left to play.

And now for the final stretch!

Brilliant, Becks should soon be in the Premier League.

Even though you lost 3 games and dropped 13 points, the defeats were only by the odd goal and I consider that a good run especially when you look at the teams fighting for promotion.

Brilliant, Becks should soon be in the Premier League.

Even though you lost 3 games and dropped 13 points, the defeats were only by the odd goal and I consider that a good run especially when you look at the teams fighting for promotion.

Cheers mate! 20 points out of 33 is hardly championship winning form but I would take top spot at this stage at the start of the season!

Archived