The Official 'How Do I Find/What Does this mean?'' Thread

• Administrators

So far the Feedback Thread has turned into a bit of a 'where is THIS screen' so to stop all of that, here's a thread answering some of the Frequently Answered questions:

Where is the Transfers/Player Search screen? - On the Sidebar, click 'Scouting'

Where is the Staff responsibilities? - Under 'Staff' -> Responsibilities

Where can I search for and sign Staff? - Under 'Staff' -> 'Staff Search'

How do I search for players? - The top heading bar, click this and you will be able to type and search

How do I edit subscriptions? - Go to your Inbox and at the top there is 'Subscriptions'.

What do the black stars mean on a player? - This means a scout does not have a fully formed opinion of the player and further scouting is needed. The player could be as good as the black stars suggest, but the scout needs to view him more to find out. This can also appear on potential for your own players, especially younger players as simply put, even despite seeing them in training every day they're not quite sure how good they'll be.

If you have any other questions, ask here rather than in the feedback thread. Thanks.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Sorry yes I mean attributes it's just blank

It should appear on the player overview screen (as opposed to the attributes screen which appears to be a bug). The fact it's not appearing, please raise that issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

I didn't understand it before, and I don't understand it now:) How working my personal attributes? Coaching attributes is clear, motivation as well, but what about other mental attributes? How i feel difference between excellent and terrible player knowledge, e.g.? Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
Right on time this thread

I've been looking around everywhere in the League screen, but I cannot find the season summary after the league reset. (Belgian Third Division).

Okay, click on the country (Belgium) and on Overview -> Season Summary

• Administrators
I didn't understand it before, and I don't understand it now:) How working my personal attributes? Coaching attributes is clear, motivation as well, but what about other mental attributes? How i feel difference between excellent and terrible player knowledge, e.g.? Thanks in advance.

When selecting them at the start, if you hover over the attribute it'll explain what benefits it has. For player knowledge, it just means you can find more players via the Player search at the very start and you have a slightly better 'World' knowledge.

Dont know if this is the right place to post this, however, im trying to set up my first game of FM15 and when i look in my photos it has all the folder names, however there are not any photographs in there. Does anyone know how i can get my photos up for creating my manager? Any help greatly appreciated

• Administrators
How do you ask players to tutor youngsters? Can't find it anywhere.

The player you want tutoring, go to their 'Development' -> 'Training' and the option will be available via the 'Tutees' down on the bottom-right.

• Administrators
Dont know if this is the right place to post this, however, im trying to set up my first game of FM15 and when i look in my photos it has all the folder names, however there are not any photographs in there. Does anyone know how i can get my photos up for creating my manager? Any help greatly appreciated

What format are the photos? What file size as well?

• Administrators
Where is the setting (instruction) to tell my winger to swap wings?

On the tactics screen click the 'Player' option (to the right of 'Overview') and select the winger, then there is a dropdown which states 'Swap position with'.

First off, I would like to say I am liking what I see so far, I'm impressed.

Anyway, I believe on the video showing the new features, I saw that the side bar was shown as being the logos only, not the names of the tabs as well. Does anyone know how to get it just showing the logos?

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
First off, I would like to say I am liking what I see so far, I'm impressed.

Anyway, I believe on the video showing the new features, I saw that the side bar was shown as being the logos only, not the names of the tabs as well. Does anyone know how to get it just showing the logos?

Thanks in advance.

You can only currently do it when running in a minimum resolution, if you'd like this option I'd suggest raising it in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/400217-Hiding-of-the-sidebar

Thanks.

• Administrators
How to look for players who are not interested by a transfert? How can I find Messi in the Transfert Centre?

Two ways:

1- How do I search for players? - The top heading bar, click this and you will be able to type and search

2- Via the 'Scouting' panel, Select 'Show Filter' and make sure 'Realistic Transfers' is unticked.

• Administrators
Can you ask a player to stop doing a preferred move?

Never done it before, want balotelli to stop long shots, doing my nut in

Player Profile -> Development -> 'New Preferred Move' dropdown.

Hi Neil,

What are the real life badge equivalents? Are you allowed to say? In terms of the coaching pathway in England there are only 5 steps (Level 1, 2, Uefa B, A, Pro) but on the game there are 7. I just wondered which one may be the Level 2 equivalent so I can make myself more realistic :)

Cheers,

Paul

I definitely feel like I've had to spend much more time on "where is this now/how do I do "X" like last year" than on any other previous versions. Sometimes I wonder if certain changes are made to the game for no other reason than to justify the annual new release.

The thing for me is, Apple release a new iPhone on a yearly basis with new features and all that, but everyone who's ever used an iPhone before can pick up ANY iPhone year on year and instantly know exactly how to use it & where everything is etc. I just think the basic template should pretty much stay the same. Ease of use and all that. It's already a difficult and deep enough game to get your teeth into without having to spend a few hours figuring out where things are now on a yearly basis.

Just my completely honest opinion. Nobody have kittens.

On the tactics page before a match how do you name your substitutes? I've got the first 11 selected but can't for the life of me figure out how to pick my substitutes on this page.

Just click where it says "Pick Player". You can choose subs from a list.

• Administrators
Hi Neil,

What are the real life badge equivalents? Are you allowed to say? In terms of the coaching pathway in England there are only 5 steps (Level 1, 2, Uefa B, A, Pro) but on the game there are 7. I just wondered which one may be the Level 2 equivalent so I can make myself more realistic :)

Cheers,

Paul

There's a couple more in game to make the levelling work better, but essentially/roughly Level 1 is National C.

The player you want tutoring, go to their 'Development' -> 'Training' and the option will be available via the 'Tutees' down on the bottom-right.

Yeah, but this only offers you 3 tutees. What if I want my player to tutor some other player rather than these 3 that are ''Most suitable tutees''?

They play in the same position, and I know that in FM14 you could select a tutees based on your wantings, as long as they play in the same position, and if the tutor have higher reputation than tutee.

What do the black stars mean on a player? - This means a scout does not have a fully formed opinion of the player and further scouting is needed. The player could be as good as the black stars suggest, but the scout needs to view him more to find out.

If you have any other questions, ask here rather than in the feedback thread. Thanks.

And this can happen for players we start with as well? How do you scout your own players? Or does it just take time with them to figure it out?

Archived