FM15: Glasgow Celtic - The decline of Scottish Football, and the rocky road to a new era

McGougan33

Welcome to the thread of

celtic_badge.jpg

I Welcome you to our beloved club

article-2702530-022138EC000004B0-420_964x728.jpg

Glasgow Celtic Football Club - Broken Dreams, A nations football league in Chaos, and the biscuit tin mentality.

Our team, my one true love in football, broken by the demise of our Greatest Rivals, Scottish Football torn asunder, seemingly never to be rebuilt again, That is of course until YOU the manager, the dreamer of dreams, the icon to be, the whispered name on every supporters lips, dons the suit or tracksuit and forges your iron will and steely determination back into the slow beating heart of this once magnificent club.

Like a shot of adrenaline on to a Cardiac Arrest, you have suddenly awoken and refreshed, reinvigorated, rejuvenated the slow pump of the heartbeat of this club, the challenge, the rush, the never ending desire to succeed, has been given a kick start to which you can feel the electricity coursing around the Stadium, this slumbering giant is ready to be awakened, ready to give new life and new joy to its intense and passionate followers, time to make a change!.

Celtic Football Club was founded on the principals of Brother Walfrid, and still maintains his core values to this day, community is key, and not many, if any are closer than Celtic and its Followers.

The Demise of our Arch Rivals, Glasgow Rangers Football Club, has severely affected the Scottish Game, whether we like to admit it or not, we need the light blues, we need the gers, the teddy bears – As much as the rivalry runs deep, we share a common passion in keeping our game alive.

With Celtic Raking in some very high transfer fees as of the end of last season, the supporters feel that the board have hardly spent, and the whispers of the biscuit tin mentality is creeping back in.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the biscuit tin, it was during a dark time when the board were stealing money from the club, the whispers and rumours are coming a thick and a fast seeing as the current board are remaining unwilling to spend good money on well needed players.

I can feel the echo of a forgotten memory in my chest, with the beating of a new set of drums beginning to emerge from the deep. I feel the want of the electric atmosphere of a home game at paradise, I feel the want for the intense and deep breath of silence before a European night in Celtic Park, but my heart yearns most of all for the Cavernous Roar that only Parkhead can produce, when those men wearing green and white, take to that hallowed surface.

This is our club, our broken dreams, it is time, our time, to make the world stand up and take notice.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN.

[video=youtube;8sf711rNtc4]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Staff Analysis:

Current first team staff are pretty weak at the moment.

John Collins - Assistant Manager 3.5 star in his best role in fitness - Worth Sacking

John Kennedy - First team coach 3.5 star in defending and tactics - Worth Sacking

Ian Coll - Fitness Coach 3 star in his job role - Definitely Worth Sacking

Danny McGrain - First Team coach 4.5 stars in defending and tactics - Must Keep, even though most likely he will retire after the first season

Stevie Woods - Goalkeeping coach 4 star in either handling or stopping - Keep unless you can get better

Suggestions:

Move Danny McGrain to tactics coach 4.5 star

Sign Adie Stovell 4.5 star Fitness coach

Sign Werner Leuthard 4.5 star Fitness coach

Sign Massimo Battara 4 star Goalkeeping coach

Sign Ludek Miklosko 4 star Goalkeeping coach - although both are 4 star coaches, sending them on coaching courses should boost them to at least 4.5

Sign Ulf Kirsteen 4 star Attacking coach

Sign Rene Meulensteen 4.5 star Ball Control coach

Sign Phil Cannon 4 star defending coach - wanted HoYD at first, but I convinced him second time round to become a coach.

And finally I brought in Roy Aitken as Assistant Manager, cant get a better one unfortunately at the moment

I've played it a wee bit tonight. I agree Ambrose is overated again I just sold him for £3million to Palace.

I have played 6 games with a diamond shape and won all of them.

I play;

Guidetti (poacher) Scepovic (Target Man)

_______McGregor (Trequ)___________

Guidetti and Scepovic have 4 goals each in 6 games and McGregor has 6 goals in 6 games.

I've played it a wee bit tonight. I agree Ambrose is overated again I just sold him for £3million to Palace.

I have played 6 games with a diamond shape and won all of them.

I play;

Guidetti (poacher) Scepovic (Target Man)

_______McGregor (Trequ)___________

Guidetti and Scepovic have 4 goals each in 6 games and McGregor has 6 goals in 6 games.

I will keep him for a season I think, I am playing a 4-2-3-1 with an attacking mentality, conceeded 3 goals in 2 games, and scored 9, I will consider tweaking it if the goals keep being conceeded considering that was a low league european qualifier game.

Have you conceeded many?

the new interface isnt great imo. maybe itll just take a while to get used to it.

quite happy with our team. one or two players seem a bit under-rated (VVD, lustig) but there a few players in there that look top class – mcgregor, guidetti, gordon, broony

so far, ive shifted – stokes (500k), efe (3mil!), mulgrew (2mil), kayal (free), derk (400k) and cancelled bergets loan

took a bit of effort to shift derk. kayserispor bid for him and we was willing to move, but only if a paid him 17k a week until 2017 so declined and then told him to go and find himself a club cos he had no place at celtic – i think this is a really good addition to the game, as well as the fact when you sell a player you can have a chat and thank them for their service and say they are welcome back any time.

have struggled to bring in some players. tried to get tielemens on loan but he went to france instead, barca wont let me near grimaldo. i have managed to bring in some good players though – grealish on loan, ante coric for 1.2mil and dino hallilovic on a free (alen’s brother). but the signing im most pleased about is ciaran clark for 1.1mil, i really think ive robbed villa there

brought henderson and mcconnell in to the first team as they have quite good potential. really want to bring in a good young left back but struggling to find one. any suggestions?

mcgregor, grealish and guidetti are scoring for fun. came through the first 2 cl qualifying rounds with agg scores of 10-1 and 11-1, and won my first 2 league games. dundee utd next in the league and then the first leg of my last cl qualifier against……….legia!

i think when the full game comes out, ill probably start again as I will have a better idea of players that could come in and I think I could have got more for efe

Wakaso is amazy. 13 goals in 18 Games. Commons has 11, Guidetti and Scepo have 8 and 7 respectively despite rotating the two

Are you guys playing him on the left or right? I have had a crazy amount of injuries since the start of this season, encountered my first dump error there aswell and got booted

the new interface isnt great imo. maybe itll just take a while to get used to it.

quite happy with our team. one or two players seem a bit under-rated (VVD, lustig) but there a few players in there that look top class – mcgregor, guidetti, gordon, broony

so far, ive shifted – stokes (500k), efe (3mil!), mulgrew (2mil), kayal (free), derk (400k) and cancelled bergets loan

took a bit of effort to shift derk. kayserispor bid for him and we was willing to move, but only if a paid him 17k a week until 2017 so declined and then told him to go and find himself a club cos he had no place at celtic – i think this is a really good addition to the game, as well as the fact when you sell a player you can have a chat and thank them for their service and say they are welcome back any time.

have struggled to bring in some players. tried to get tielemens on loan but he went to france instead, barca wont let me near grimaldo. i have managed to bring in some good players though – grealish on loan, ante coric for 1.2mil and dino hallilovic on a free (alen’s brother). but the signing im most pleased about is ciaran clark for 1.1mil, i really think ive robbed villa there

brought henderson and mcconnell in to the first team as they have quite good potential. really want to bring in a good young left back but struggling to find one. any suggestions?

mcgregor, grealish and guidetti are scoring for fun. came through the first 2 cl qualifying rounds with agg scores of 10-1 and 11-1, and won my first 2 league games. dundee utd next in the league and then the first leg of my last cl qualifier against……….legia!

i think when the full game comes out, ill probably start again as I will have a better idea of players that could come in and I think I could have got more for efe

Not a fan of the interface either, thats a really cool feature telling the player to move on!

I havent bothered about transfers just now, I have started a save to get a feel for the match engine, and create a tactic, I shall start another save later on today to do an indepth squad and staff analysis, so when the full game comes out we have all the information available to us.

On the left I have no idea atm, but I shall try and do an analysis in the terms of, best player in the position currently, best youth prospect, and a potential youth buy in, or in the case of a drastically needed position, a player who can slot straight in.

I've just started a Celtic save.

I've sold Beram Kayal for 650k and loaned a few youths out. I've signed Mohamed Zidan free & John Soutar for £1.5m, although he's gone back to Dundee Utd for the season on loan. I've also signed Sanago & Zelalem on loan for the season.

I'm playing a 442 diamond that lines up as a narrow 23212 with wingbacks, Played 3 games in the UCL qualifiers winning 4-0 on ago v Stromsgodset and currently 7-0 up after the home leg again Slovia Bratislava.

I've just started a Celtic save.

I've sold Beram Kayal for 650k and loaned a few youths out. I've signed Mohamed Zidan free & John Soutar for £1.5m, although he's gone back to Dundee Utd for the season on loan. I've also signed Sanago & Zelalem on loan for the season.

I'm playing a 442 diamond that lines up as a narrow 23212 with wingbacks, Played 3 games in the UCL qualifiers winning 4-0 on ago v Stromsgodset and currently 7-0 up after the home leg again Slovia Bratislava.

Sounds quite interesting mate, so your wingbacks are your wingers then, where are you playing wakaso or forrest then?

Are you guys playing him on the left or right? I have had a crazy amount of injuries since the start of this season, encountered my first dump error there aswell and got booted

Right though he's out for 4 months Fter breaking a foot :( signed him perma for 2.5m though after Lawwell gave me. 6 in November. Guidetti signing perma too.

Qualified for the CL last 16 infront of Man City with Lille in the next round

Really enjoying it :thup: Collins is a gash am though.

Working at sea just now, internets slow so can't download this until Tuesday when I get in port.

Got a few questions to ask. Is Guidetti still on the ridiculous £35k/week from FM14 so it will be near impossible to sign him permanently? Also do you still have to pay over the odds in wages compared to other leagues for good youngsters?

Working at sea just now, internets slow so can't download this until Tuesday when I get in port.

Got a few questions to ask. Is Guidetti still on the ridiculous £35k/week from FM14 so it will be near impossible to sign him permanently? Also do you still have to pay over the odds in wages compared to other leagues for good youngsters?

He was on quite a high wage but accepted £16K straight up from me

Right though he's out for 4 months Fter breaking a foot :( signed him perma for 2.5m though after Lawwell gave me. 6 in November. Guidetti signing perma too.

Qualified for the CL last 16 infront of Man City with Lille in the next round

Really enjoying it :thup: Collins is a gash am though.

I have signed wakaso and guidetta perma also, although I think I am going to restart this save once the season is completed, so I can analysis the staff and squad properly for my write up.

So many injuries just now

He was on quite a high wage but accepted £16K straight up from me

He accepted 19k from me, in terms of youngsters having to pay more I would hazard a guess that, that is still the case

So at the winter transfer period in 2016, I decided to loan out Guidetti.

I also managed to sign Fellaini on a half season loan.

Ended last in CL group:

29b1p9t.jpg

Lost the League cup final and lost in 5th round of the cup.

Managed to win second title in a row though:

r0ny9z.jpg

Played with Celtic on every FM, FM13 being my most successful winning the quadruple 2 seasons in a row. I doubt I'll be able to repeat that without Hooper and Wanyama but looking forward to giving Celtic a bash this year. Reserved and best of luck!

Finally got my first game started and did a lot better than I expected. Didn't have a great start as I kept changing tactics and trying to work out what worked. Had a slow start to the season but managed to do the treble and got in the quarter finals of the Champions league. I was heading through until they scored in the 90th min to put them through on away goals....was gutted. Izzy got fans player of the year and Guidetti was easily my stand out with 33 goals in the league. Griffiths did really well as an inside forward on the right hand side. Commons and McGregor were also worth a mention.

Transfers in:

27/6/2014 - Houssine Kharja - Free

30/6/2014 - Adam Vass - MTK - £550k

7/7/2014 - John Souttar - Dundee Utd - £1.6m loaned back.

29/7/2014 - Lukasz Skorupski - Roma - Loan

13/9/2014 - Landry N'Guemo - Free

14/1/2015 - Eric Dier - Spurs - Loan

16/1/2015 - Erik Sviatchenko - FC Midtjylland - £1.7m

22/1/2015 - Daniel Amartey - FC Kobenhavn - £3.2m

Finally got my first game started and did a lot better than I expected. Didn't have a great start as I kept changing tactics and trying to work out what worked. Had a slow start to the season but managed to do the treble and got in the quarter finals of the Champions league. I was heading through until they scored in the 90th min to put them through on away goals....was gutted. Izzy got fans player of the year and Guidetti was easily my stand out with 33 goals in the league. Griffiths did really well as an inside forward on the right hand side. Commons and McGregor were also worth a mention.

Transfers in:

27/6/2014 - Houssine Kharja - Free

30/6/2014 - Adam Vass - MTK - £550k

7/7/2014 - John Souttar - Dundee Utd - £1.6m loaned back.

29/7/2014 - Lukasz Skorupski - Roma - Loan

13/9/2014 - Landry N'Guemo - Free

14/1/2015 - Eric Dier - Spurs - Loan

16/1/2015 - Erik Sviatchenko - FC Midtjylland - £1.7m

22/1/2015 - Daniel Amartey - FC Kobenhavn - £3.2m

n'guemo....really? was he not bad enough the first time?

Yip was gutted. How's your game going?

well, im using a custom database with celtic and the rangers in the BPL so im not sure if anyone would really be interested in hearing about that as some people tend to turn their nose up at doing that kind of thing. i just get bored of playing ross county 4 times a season :(

if anyone really wants to hear about it ill gladly do an end of 1st season summary when i get through it!

At the end of the winter transfer period in the 3rd season im leading the premiership without having lost a single game.

1zzpr6.jpg

I will have to beat Real Madrid in the first KO round of the Champions League.

I decided to loan out Praet and Sepovic and bought some other players.

Transfers in:

6qbpu1.jpg

Transfers out:

2d8fdxf.jpg

My squad for the second half of the season:

2emhicm.jpg

Archived