FM15: Rate My Regen Thread

PequenoGenio

New FM, new thread :brock:

Have you found a gem of a regen from an obscure country that you have never heard of, got him capped and feel proud?

Want to get your regen rated as you feel that he is the best regen ever?

Maybe you want some advice on your regen, how to play him, what should you train him on?

There is no specific format to follow, just post up a screenshot of your regen! If you need to, also along with your screenshot you could have a bit of background information about him, like where you got him, how much you paid or anything similiar.

If you don't know what a newgen is, then here is a short explanation:

A randomly generated player that the game throws out to compensate for retirements etc... This is so you don't end up with no players in the game after you have played for a long enough time for all real players to retire from the game. These can normally be identified by the 'Newgen face' which looks like a computer generated face, although these can be turned off, so don't dismiss someone's player due to the lack of face.

Please, only post newgens in here. Feel free to tell us about how good they are, how you found them, what you paid, their goalscoring records etc. Also, feel free to comment on other peoples newgens! Although, don't be the dick that goes 'OMG U EDITED HIM', because at the end of the day, it's just a game, people shouldn't post edited players, but if they do it's not a massive deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like nobody's willing to get this thread going, so I just as might contribute!

Three youngsters I'm pretty excited about in my Arsenal save:

Aymeric Barbier. Quite the adept poacher and will probably take over for Walcott on a permanent basis in a couple of seasons.

D2C40FEAA5FD73582333771AF99E6BC9609E21B3

Dick Dorst. Hopefully I'll be able to work on his physical stats a bit more. Aside from that, he's on the road to become a decent midfield substitute.

0373673DA50411A401DDCB248165AB4D72CF29D6

Orlando Roselia. Already got a lot of the basics down. His low anticipation and aerial ability are drawbacks, but the rest is pretty solid for a 17 year old goalkeeper.

2D92CA32E5C81314EAA9E8E7C209C29C6FBBA163

r17jgXC.jpg

Best 16 year old regen I've ever seen! Payed £15.5m for him, came from Everton. 20 work rate, 20 in passing. Great balance, off the ball, composure. Gonna have him learn to get forward whenever possible. Seriously, wow!!! The only thing negative about him, considering his attributes, is that he has the PPM "Looks for pass rather than attempting to score"

Oh, and the scout that found said he had potential to be a world class midfielder.

r17jgXC.jpg

Best 16 year old regen I've ever seen! Payed £15.5m for him, came from Everton. 20 work rate, 20 in passing. Great balance, off the ball, composure. Gonna have him learn to get forward whenever possible. Seriously, wow!!! The only thing negative about him, considering his attributes, is that he has the PPM "Looks for pass rather than attempting to score"

Oh, and the scout that found said he had potential to be a world class midfielder.

Holy sh*t he's good.

2 questions.....

1) Why did Everton sell him!

2) Where on earth did Villa get £16m lol

Holy sh*t he's good.

2 questions.....

1) Why did Everton sell him!

2) Where on earth did Villa get £16m lol

Beats me! When I spotted him I figured I would have to spend at least £40m, but they initially only asked for a little over £20m and I was able to negotiate it down.

As for your second question my Villa side got taken over by a consortium in the 2nd season and they put £60m into the club. I subsequently bought a few very talented players, and one of these was sold earlier in the summer to Real Madrid for the sweet sum of £55m.

I handed him his debut first chance possible. A frustrating 1-0 home win against Southampton... and guess who scored! He headed in a corner from deep. Other than that he didn't really show much but tidy, safe passing.

I'm also the England manager and of course he started the game in September. He managed to get an assist in a 5-2 win over N. Ireland, although again it was from a corner and nothing special. I must find a way to get the best of this kid.. not sure how yet. I'm playing a 41221. What role should I play him in? Tried him as a CM-A, but the tactic I play has a high D-line with high closing down, so the opposition box usually just get crowded out by the time a midfielder makes his way into it. I'm thinking I'll play him as a deep or roaming playmaker on support duty, and he'll get plenty of shots from the edge of the box.

Beats me! When I spotted him I figured I would have to spend at least £40m, but they initially only asked for a little over £20m and I was able to negotiate it down.

As for your second question my Villa side got taken over by a consortium in the 2nd season and they put £60m into the club. I subsequently bought a few very talented players, and one of these was sold earlier in the summer to Real Madrid for the sweet sum of £55m.

I handed him his debut first chance possible. A frustrating 1-0 home win against Southampton... and guess who scored! He headed in a corner from deep. Other than that he didn't really show much but tidy, safe passing.

I'm also the England manager and of course he started the game in September. He managed to get an assist in a 5-2 win over N. Ireland, although again it was from a corner and nothing special. I must find a way to get the best of this kid.. not sure how yet. I'm playing a 41221. What role should I play him in? Tried him as a CM-A, but the tactic I play has a high D-line with high closing down, so the opposition box usually just get crowded out by the time a midfielder makes his way into it. I'm thinking I'll play him as a deep or roaming playmaker on support duty, and he'll get plenty of shots from the edge of the box.

His stats suggest a roaming playmaker (might have to try getting him to learn a few PPM's of course). Anyway, congrats!!

Train up his long shots and let him be the Roaming Playmaker, make him shoot and it should be goals galore I reckon. He is definitely the best 16 year old newgen I have ever seen in FM.

6F8L752.png

Didn't expect that! Less than a month at the club and he's gone up a full point in many attributes.

Gonna play him as a roaming playmaker and see how he does this season. PPMs I've already started with 'Get forward...', I think next one will be the 'Tries long range passes' which suits my tactic and his passing ability really well.

I've also made him my freekick taker. Will train him as a box-to-box, and then work on his long range and freekick attributes from there I think.

Edit: Could it be the extra positions he's accomplished in that makes his attributes so uber good? Roy Keane has not got the best judgement of ability and potiential but he rates him as having 2.5 stars in ability, so if that's anything to go by he should improve a lot more.

I suppose with 16-20 being default, I am just against any kind of change :D

It just makes the top attribute 6 numbers, making players look better than they are by a quick glance.

D5u9Lrz.png

Great first season. After the patch the goals started flowing. He only had one goal before christmas and after the patch I changed him to a CM on attack duty. He scored some real beauties and got a couple of braces. He ended up topping the AVR chart in the league, won the FWA Footballer of the year and was selected in team of the year both in the league and the champions league. Unfortunately all my coaches tells me he's close to his full potential.

D5u9Lrz.png

Great first season. After the patch the goals started flowing. He only had one goal before christmas and after the patch I changed him to a CM on attack duty. He scored some real beauties and got a couple of braces. He ended up topping the AVR chart in the league, won the FWA Footballer of the year and was selected in team of the year both in the league and the champions league. Unfortunately all my coaches tells me he's close to his full potential.

Yeah, he's probably the best and most well rounded 16 year old i've ever seen.

SyLjG15.png

Have to admit though, much of it was probably down to him gitting a hat trick in a 10-1 win against 9-man Iraq :)

I'll stop with the updates now, or at least wait until he's in the latter stages of his career.

r17jgXC.jpg

Any chance you could upload your save so we can have a play around? : )

Any chance you could upload your save so we can have a play around? : )

Sure, but I don't have a save from back when I signed him, if that's what you mean?

He was signed in August 2017, I'm currently in December 2018.

I do have saves from March, early July and late August 2018. With the last one I had just forked out £100m in fees to sign Paul Pogba. Figured young Hardiker could use a decoy :)

Sure, but I don't have a save from back when I signed him, if that's what you mean?

He was signed in August 2017, I'm currently in December 2018.

I do have saves from March, early July and late August 2018. With the last one I had just forked out £100m in fees to sign Paul Pogba. Figured young Hardiker could use a decoy :)

Any save is good : ) it will make him more of a beast!! lol

333b9lz.jpg

Have no clue what to do with him the sentimental part of me wants me to make him that legendary midfielder to boss Colchester midfield , the realist part of me wants to make him a traditional target man and roll with him until he becomes expendable.

First batch of regens with full game :)

333b9lz.jpg

Have no clue what to do with him the sentimental part of me wants me to make him that legendary midfielder to boss Colchester midfield , the realist part of me wants to make him a traditional target man and roll with him until he becomes expendable.

First batch of regens with full game :)

Weird, I also had a high-potential kid named "Max Sailor" coming through my academy in my Liverpool save in the beta. I reacted because I found the name odd, like as if he was a children's book character like Curious George or Bob Builder. Maybe an easter egg?

Guest El Payaso

Should never open this thread so that you wouldn't feel sick about those generated players. :(

545f4752cc58e.jpg

This is the best for me so far. 16-year-old and physical side is clearly his main strenght (surprise surprise). He's going to be promoted to the senior team in december as I got rid of Borja Valle.

Im playing in my first season in the Conference as Gateshead and a 15 year old regen has appeared from the youth candidates who has ratings for a centre half higher than any centre half currently playing in the first team. Don't get me wrong he is no amazing wonderkid but wanted to post him anyway as I'm sure any lower league manager would appreciate a regen like this especially if they have no money in the coffers!!

7798059020E6BD2EE91D8A9EE7E39ACA2855F159

It's amazing in the lower leagues to bagsy a kid like that who walks into the first team.

He hasn't played for me yet and I think he will be a first team regular next season. Hopefully still in the conference for another year as it would be good for him and the club at that level rather than going up to league 2 and then coming straight back down. Just hoping to lose in a playoff final as want to still be in the job for next season as expectations were to reach the playoffs. Contract is up too in the summer so they may not renew it if I don't do well enough.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he comes on so will post updates in a few seasons even if I sell him for mega bucks!! :cool:

He hasn't played for me yet and I think he will be a first team regular next season. Hopefully still in the conference for another year as it would be good for him and the club at that level rather than going up to league 2 and then coming straight back down. Just hoping to lose in a playoff final as want to still be in the job for next season as expectations were to reach the playoffs. Contract is up too in the summer so they may not renew it if I don't do well enough.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he comes on so will post updates in a few seasons even if I sell him for mega bucks!! :cool:

It's hard to want to loose a game, I bet.

mYt8Ggr.png

IxrHerG.png

Bought from Zenit for £22m just after he turned 18. Seeing quite a few decent Russian newgens btw.

BXjccZU.png

LDE0PZH.png

Very excited about this lad as he was an absolute bargain, signed from Watford for £600k. Aside from Hardiker there hasn't been many good English newgens so far. A few with great talent, who has failed to develop, I guess due to not playing much and spending their time in the lower leagues on loan.

First chance I've had to get around to this. My best regen prospects(not as special as some of the guys here, but great for me, just reaching the PL).

Charles_zps02a0b6c0.png

Mark Charles, this kid popped up on first intake day, as a free agent(I always check for regen free agents, gems do pop up). Had rubbish finishing, but he's developing nicely, and is rated as potentially a star for the Premier League. Technical skills need a lot of work, admittedly.

Brynjolfsson_zpsa85ae491.png

Baldur Brynjolfsson, scouts pegged this lad, not as rated as Charles, but 200k and a loan back makes him a steal, can't wait to have him in my squad, tearing it up for club and country right now.

Molina_zps2d644fd2.png

Alexander Molina, I found this guy early, before I could even scout Colombia, but he looked good back then and I kept tabs on him until my rep improved, slotted right into the first team, absolute steal at 700k, another regen from the club I bought at the same time, for far less turned out to be a turkey, win some, loose some.

Ranchobe_zps9139f9b7.png

Miguel Ranchobe, needs work in passing and off the ball, but again a cheap score/lucky punt. Spent about 2 months at the club with no work permit, but got call ups to the NT quickly, so I didn't spend much time without him.

Lipovac_zpsd1367346.png

Boris Lipovac, scouts found him, was lucky to land him ahead of big clubs with the promise of first team football.

Chiacchiara_zps33273dfc.png

Hugo Chiacchiara, one relatively expensive for me at 4m, found once my scouting range got maximized, and his jumping reach is a concern, but I couldn't help take a chance as he has massive potential.

Esteves_zps42518f16.png

Vasco Esteves, a few hundred k from Sporting, which surprised as he seems to have high potential(staff can't seem to make up their minds how much, bounces between good, leading and star), displaced more senior players in the first team squad quickly after joining.

Terroso_zpsbfdf5fbf.png

José Terroso, a very recent signing, and the player in my squad with the most potential. Found by my scouts, 225k from Boavista in the Portuguese 2nd division, and pinched from under the noses of all the biggest clubs in Europe, by way of wages. Blooding him already, either my star for a generation, or my golden goose.

This kid just popped up at River, with World Class potential, and I instantly threw all my monies at them, despite my scout saying he had no interest, on the contrary, he was happy to discuss terms. Bravery sucks, but it's not a vital attribute for Anchor Man.

DiBiase_zps807cd3bf.png

6F8L752.png

Didn't expect that! Less than a month at the club and he's gone up a full point in many attributes.

Gonna play him as a roaming playmaker and see how he does this season. PPMs I've already started with 'Get forward...', I think next one will be the 'Tries long range passes' which suits my tactic and his passing ability really well.

I've also made him my freekick taker. Will train him as a box-to-box, and then work on his long range and freekick attributes from there I think.

Edit: Could it be the extra positions he's accomplished in that makes his attributes so uber good? Roy Keane has not got the best judgement of ability and potiential but he rates him as having 2.5 stars in ability, so if that's anything to go by he should improve a lot more.

Got to call bull on this one sorry :)

Got to call bull on this one sorry :)

I admit I would be skeptical too, and guess it's up to you what you believe, but note this was on the beta so there would be no way to edit saves as far as I know. Also, I wouldn't do that :)

Archived