FM15 Pre-Beta Match Engine Preview Video

Wow, the 3d animation looks stunning. :applause:

Happy for it and glad that i pre-ordered. Just hoping for 2 things though.

Firstly, the placement of the photographer. In FM2014, they're placed in front of the advertisement board. Secondly, the positioning of the steward and police-man (?) in FM15 Feature Video. It seems that they were stepping on the advertisement board. Failed to see it happening in this video. :cool:

I really hope the release version is improved with regards to "ice skating", it's very noticeable in this footage.

"Ice skating" is a limitation of the platform and not of the animation team, so you should not anticipate much change ahead of the Beta release.

in overly simplistic terms, there needs to be a degree of friction with the pitch in order for movement to occur.

Improvements:

- Motion capture has worked in that animations have enabled better representation of human movement

- First touch noticeably better than last year which is great

Improvement still required

- Ball physics still off

- Movement of players can still look slow and ‘laggish’

- Player turning on spot is very unnatural and happens in slow motion

- Still that slow/quick slow/quick motion of the play as if things are not harmonised to unfold naturally ie looks like different elements of movement are joined together at different speeds

Overall it looks much better than last year and even on all the 'improvements still required' in themselves you can see some much needed improvements on last year which is good

The ice skating was diabolical last year and really irritating to watch but to be fair it looks a lot better there so far at least. It seems to be a very difficult fix and even though its disappointing that it will take a while to eradicate it is enouraging to see the improvement/progress on that footage.

"Ice skating" is a limitation of the platform and not of the animation team, so you should not anticipate much change ahead of the Beta release.

in overly simplistic terms, there needs to be a degree of friction with the pitch in order for movement to occur.

What do you mean by limitation of the platform ? Did you mean to say it's a limitation of the graphics engine ? Is that the official word on the matter or your opinion ?

The new animations are pretty nice , definitely an improvement.

While apparent , the Ice Skating doesn't seem as bad in most that video , there were only a few occasions where there was a weird animation or lack of animation so it looked like the player was moving with feet planted (thus "skating").

All in all the mo-capped animations certainly are s step up from the robot men of old.

The tight quarters movement is still poor, but that's understandable, that's fine detail stuff, very hard to implement on an engine designed for poor spec computers. Upper body and arm movement looks a massive improvement, while the goalkeepers are a huge upgrade!

Ice-skating aside, which as others have said is very, very noticeable in these clips, it does look like a step forward. The goalkeepers in particular look nice, and I can only assume that's a benefit of the mo-cap.

That said, 1:13 confuses me- the striker is dribbling as if he's running through treacle, despite the pitch being plush and green. The only other point I'd make is that the keeper in grey around 1:53 gets that ball an awfully long way considering he doesn't really put any power behind his kick- it's more like a little dink than a clearance.

But, for a work in progress, this is definitely encouraging.

Isn't that what an Inside Forward is for? :confused:

Wingers have instructions locked to Stay Wide as it is a trait of the Role.

No need to be confused there, RTHerringBone, of course I was refering to the wingers with the IF role.

You know, just like a central midfielder isn't necessarily playing the central midfielder role? I'm sure you understand.

The ME looks kind of promising though...

Looks great to me. Some people seem far too concerned with aesthetics with FM, its not and never will be Fifa! As long as the ME gives accurate feedback of the game as its happening and you can see your idea's coming together on the pitch (be them right or wrong!) then great.

Looks fantastic, although I can't understand the negative comments about the video, it's never going to be a FIFA and as long as I can see the deficiencies in my team and players I'm happy.

The last FM I played was 2D which I still think is fantastic and currently playing CM01/02 with match commentary!

For me its unwatchable when close-up like in the video. I always set it to elevated cam to avoid the "ice skating" and jerky camera movement. Looks like that I'll have to do the same this year. The up side is that the elevated view makes it easier to see the tactical effeects.

Underwhelmed.

Movements look even less natural than before to me plus ice-skating players and ball. Nothing to boast.

Keeping in mind that any pre-release footage so far looked way worse than the finished thing, I shall however keep quiet and wait with my final judgment.

Archived