FM 2015 In-game Editor Wishlist

With the Editor no-doubt still in the latter stages of development, I thought it wouldn't hurt to have a wishlist for features.

Obviously if the idea of using an editor appalls you, there are plenty of other threads to read.

What I'd like to see in this year's editor....

Change or tweek club colours.

Change physical appearance of players (hair colour, hair style, height, weight, skin tone)

Redesign full kit colours and design.

Change referee and ball colours.

Alter weather profiles for areas so that the player can have a bad winter or a really warm spring once in a while (this is possible on a third party editor, but I prefer official products).

Design your own skin.

Change the name of stadiums (add sponsors)

Change the name of competitions.

These aren't edits to enable me to "cheat", but it will give me the ability to allow me to freshen up the game over the seasons. Make it feel like time is moving on, if you like.

Any chance of one of the mods getting some feedback from the guys who are developing the Editor? Some teasers about what's being added to that would be really appreciated.

It's actually going to be the deciding factor in whether I purchase FM15. I like the look of the new game but I've got an FM14 save that I've edited to the point that I'm completely happy with everything in it.

To have it removed and all temptation to cheat! If you want to edit it too update it then use an old FM.

I don't understand. Are you saying people shouldn't get FM15 if they want to edit it? Changing details of the game like stadium names and kits couldn't really be regarded as cheating.

What are you talking about? What cheating???Are you mad or sth???? It's my own buisness how I play FM! I can change everything, make Giblartar football hegemon and whatever I want and editor enables me to do. I personally slightly decrease injuries when I think there's too much inj. game, and I don't think it's cheating - this is just my way of getting satisfaction from playing this game. Also change sometimes some player atribbutes if I decide they are overpacked. You say thats cheating? I don't care, I buy this game to have maximum of entertainment and to give virtual life my own vision of football.

As for editor whishlist:

I repeat as always: give us player pool name that we could use to throw there players names, surnames, nicknames.

(sorry for my english)

I think adding kits that are outside the purchased licences-remit (i.e. copies of real Premier League kits) would controvene licensing laws but personally replacing them with your own design wouldn't be so long as you do not attempt to sell it on. It's a bit like making your own club scarf and going to a match, no-one can sue you for copyright infringement unless you attempted to sell it.

I deal with intellectual copyright claims from time to time. The licences SI have with certain leagues, unless they contain some unusually restrictive clauses, would simply give SI the right to use the images of players, club crests, league symbols and kits.

So the only feasible reasons for SI to not allow gamers to edit their in-game kits either within FM15 or within the new editor would be;

1. They've spent all that money on licences only for FM gamers to replace the kits. It might seem like a waste of money to SI.

2. There are serious coding issues (highly unlikely).

3. It's in the grand scheme for a future FM version.

4. SI have spotted a potential revenue stream and will sell it in pack form in addition to the editor.

5. SI have decided they don't want this feature and that's the end of it.

Hopefully we can get some feedback from the mods?

Exactly, so I suspect that it wasn't included in the in-game editor on FM2014 as it was their first stab at such an add-on. No doubt this year's version will have improvements and more functionality. Especially as the third party ones that we can't mention on here are loaded with features that the SI one doesn't have.

I can't imagine SI wouldn't be aware of the commerical futility of putting something on the market that is less appealing that the competition.

I'd love for a better dynamic range of max attendance, i.e linked to the city, so say you had a london club and you'd won 10 prem titles in a row, the fanbase could grow to be a huge size etc, where as say you took a conf team in the middle of wales to CL glory 5x in a row - you'd not expect them to have 200,000 possible fans etc.

Hope that makes sense, its always annoyed me that I've taken clubs in huge cities and made them the best side in the world, yet they still have a pretty small fanbase.

Archived