Antonio Conte 3-5-2

As some of you may know I have tested lots of tactics in the past few months.

I have been searching for the "Holy Grail" of tactics but came to the conclusion that none of the tactics out there are 100% perfect (or maybe I should say, the game doesn't allow any tactic to be perfect LOL).

Let's call it a search for "near perfection" in this case.

I found that some tactics work better with lower placed teams, some work better with higher end teams, so it is all a matter of making the right choice.

In my testing I found the "Umbrella Pinball Tiki-Taka" tactic to give me the most beautiful football, however it was leaking too much with weaker teams (or against stronger teams).

I decided, with the permission of the creator of this tactic, to use the elements of this tactics, tweaked and changed some of them, but most of his work is still there and created a 3-5-2 which looks exactly like the "Antonio Conte 3-5-2 by ARTISAN", but with completely different roles and instructions (just the same layout).

The DM is an anchorman for example, where ARTISAN had a true Pirlo role as a "Regista" but that didn't work out as good in my tests.

I also found out that this tactic plays better with 2 MC with attacking roles instead of other roles like "box-to-box midfielder" roles.

I tested the tactic I created this way with the existing tactics in my test environment and it performed pretty good.

Especially the CCC ratio was very high (over 4 with my PSV Eindhoven team), meaning that you will get 4 times as many CCC with this tactic than your opponent will get.

You usually don't get 5-2, 6-3 etc results but more 2-0 3-1 etc, which I like better personally.

The full test results are in this thread if you want to compare it with other tactics out there: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/392616-In-depth-Tactic-comparison-thread

You will see the flow of the game is really nice, you are solid at the back with 3 CD, the mentality is "Control" with "Very Fluid".

OI are pre-set, I edited the "Umbrella" ones a bit as I got too many yellow/red cards with hard tackling, and I also edited some specific player instructions.

With the team I went for a more disciplined approach (instead of expressive), which cut out most of the stupid mistakes (which cost you sometimes games)

Pitch size at maximum. Don't let your assistant do the OI as they are already pre-set in the tactic ;-)

Your team will play aggressive football, high pressure, although it looks defensive on the overview you will see that especially your WB's will come forward often and score a lot, or cross dangerously in the box.

Good stamina, lots of energy needed. My PSV team is very young and has good pace, which helps to be successful in this tactic. I imagine it will be less effective with an older, slower paced, team of players.

Overall it looks like this:

1_zps7d795a82.png

These are the results which were partly used in my comparison thread, I played a lot more matches with this one:

2_zps71177e1c.png

Other screenshots (taken from a new network game I just started):

7updatedleaguetable_zps1044bd2a.jpg

6updatedfixturelist_zps27298b49.jpg

As I mentioned also in my comparison thread, not one tactic is perfect and I'm not claiming this one to be either.

Try it out and see if it works for you!

Here is the link to the tactic:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9tclj99dcri5r9t/Antonio_Conte_T2_2AM-ANCH_FINAL.tac

Well my Stockport team were relegated from the EPL and struggled to a mid table finish in the first season back in The Championship. With only 1 win in my first 5 games I tried this out and with the exception of 4 straight defeats just before Christmas - I always have a bad run then no matter what division and what tactic I use - I found this tactic really strong. I got promoted with a game to spare albeit in 2nd place but I look forward to giving this a go in the EPL starting this evening. One of my favourite tactics ever this one with great attacking play and pretty solid defensively. I conceded 40 goals in 41 league games with it. Very happy :)

And a good start to life in the EPL!! 3 wins and a draw - the dropped points coming courtesy of an 87th minute equaliser from current champions Spurs too - I am very happy with how this tactic is playing out so far

Great!!!

Thanks for sharing, try to change the mentality from "control" to "counter" when you have a lead you want to protect in the last 15-20 minutes in the game. Don't change anything else (no time wasting etc.). It seems the ME gets more aggressive in the final part of the match and you are more likely to get goals against you.

That works good with me, now get a lot less goals against me in these situations.

I get a lot of feedback at fm-base.co.uk on the tactic. (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/176912-antonio-conte-3-5-2-a.html)

To give you an idea of the feedback:

bentheposh:

Season finished. I can't remember having a better first season with Liverpool.

Barclays20Premier20League_20Overview20Stages-2_zpsc688cf5a.png

And then beat Barcelona in the ECL final.

Liverpool20v20FC20Barcelona_20Stats20Match20Stats_zps569ebd41.png

TopHill:

I'm destroying the Serie A with AS Roma using this tac.

You really have found something mate !

Bushy88:

Finished 2nd in the league with Newcastle, won league cup and fa cup.

Amazing tactic

bentheposh:

This tactic is outrageously good defensively.

Barclays20Premier20League_20Overview20Stages_zps805b6070.png

Grixy:

Buy the right players and this tactic could be the best....strikers that pass and cms that dribble lol. Top marks, really enjoy the football it plays. I used Sir Goalalot for best part of last season but your tactic helped me secure top four with Stuttgart.

Champions League here we come !

jensonxxx:

unbelevable.. fantastic tactic! i started with Real Union, very small team.. and first season media prediction 7th and i win the league without lose second season i promoted the spain liga adelante, buyed 4 player, and im top of the table very very fantastic, THANKS!! sorry for my bad english )

Bushy88:

Been using this tactic with Leicester, so far so good. Won 6 out of 8 games, including a 3-1 away win at Man City. One draw with Swansea and a loss to Everton, both last minute goals. Sitting top of the league. Impressed, thanks.

lumberjack:

Half season played (with Leicester City) and we are really going for the ticket (Qualification for Champions League)

Semi in League cup ^ 1-1 against Norwich away

Won the group in EL ^ looking foward for the playoffs

LC2_zps8d0baa2c.jpg

dugi9999:

very nice tactic

won the league

lost capital cup in final vs man city

lost fa cup semi final vs aston villa

tactic beats anyone except man city away but at home i won two times over man city 2:1 and 5:1 (fa cup)

RVP top league goalscorer

12 games without conceding a goal was the longest.

2014-10-13_00001_zpsb29e5cd1.jpg

Great!!!

Thanks for sharing, try to change the mentality from "control" to "counter" when you have a lead you want to protect in the last 15-20 minutes in the game. Don't change anything else (no time wasting etc.). It seems the ME gets more aggressive in the final part of the match and you are more likely to get goals against you.

That works good with me, now get a lot less goals against me in these situations.

That's great I'll try that. I finished 6th and am now in Europe! Loving the game more than I have all year. Even got some great results against the big guns. It usually takes me 4 or 5 top flight seasons to get wins against Man U Man C Chelsea etc. bt I beat all of the above last season!!! A mixed start this time but top of my Europa League group.

Going to try the switch to counter as you mentioned.

Well this season is becoming an utter disaster. Defeat after defeat conceded 13 goals in 4 games - a 6-0 reverse to Man U at home!! - and now a 3-0 defeat away to League 1 Colchester in the Capital One Cup. I am being urged to change tactics and i can see why! My players suddenly just keep holding the ball in the back line and passing back to the keeper and then in triangles until we concede possession and inevitably concede. This is happening in every game and without any adjustments to the tactic. Can you help?

Apologies for hogging the thread! I took the decision to have encouraging chats with the out of form players and have just won 5 out of 6. Up to 8th and in the knockout stages of the Europa League :)

Yes, keeping player morale up is more important in this version than ever before.

I use all the tricks in the book: team talks every 2 months (not too many as they lose effectiveness otherwise), individual player talks ("great form", or "have to improve"), tutoring players helps also and sometimes just ask them if they can recommend a good player/staff member.

The best morale boost, obviously, is getting results........

In every game, no matter which tactic is used, there are "ups and downs".

Glad you have the team back on track now.

This tactic is not perfect but after reading so much feedback and my own experience, I can honestly say it is one of the best ones in this version of FM. My "in-depth comparison" thread also shows it creates overall a lot of chances and CCC ratio is one of the highest.

So I got to the round of 16 in the Europa League and lost on away goals to Inter. I then finish a disappointing 10th in the league. The next season I manage to finish 5th only missing out on a Champions League place by a point.

2 games played this season and I won my first league game and destroyed Aris 4-0 in the first leg of the Europa League qualifier. Playing well and got a really good, balanced squad with plenty of English and young talent. Happy days. :)

Archived