What's the one area / feature that you really want to improve for in FM15?

What's the one area / feature that you really want to improve for in FM15?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What's the one area / feature that you really want to improve for in FM15?

• National team management
    • Transfer system (more realistic transfers)
    • Scouting system (+PPA)
    • More playable leagues
    • AI managers (+squad building)
    • Match engine
    • UI (skins)
    • Player interaction & player personalities
    • FM Classic improvements
    • Better Assistant Manager help
    • The board (interactions, finances etc.)
    • Injuries (more realistic)
    • Deeper youth system
    • Player development

More realistic transfers. Being Dutch, it really sucks to see how Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV after a few years always have a squad that is largely made up of obscure players from South America or Africa and over 30 years old. Just not realistic.

There are some aspects of the FM14 match engine that are slightly annoying. For instance, the last minute of each match is always played out in front of you, but usually nothing of interest happens. You're just forced to look at a bunch of players making awkward decisions as the match fizzles out. Hopefully the FM15 engine will handle this in a better way.

I'm surprised that so few people said Player development and Scouting / PPA. To me, PPA and railroaded player development would be the second most important problem, after National team management. I really hope they redo it completely.

I think it's still far too easy to slip into a terminal decline. Even with a good side. Two losses on the bounce IRL is not a big deal, in FM world, that can very easily be the beginning of the end. Moral hits the gutter, quality players suddenly look Sunday league & can't hit a simple pass two yards, then you're in a terminal nosedive that all but means you're a dead man walking.

I liked FM14, I liked the fact that I didn't just win everything on the sheer basis of existing.

I always like these threads for the breadth of issues people bring up - it's easy to forget that different people want different things out of the game.

For me, the big problem is that I never feel like I'm managing people. The player interactions are limited, stilted, and they never seem to matter too much. I get my way in almost every contract negotiation, and I don't think I'm good enough at winning matches to realistically justify that. I'm sure licensing gets in the way, but I'd love to see training ground bustups, I'd love to see handbags during the match and players getting pulled apart, that kind of stuff. Especially at the lower levels, it does provide a certain amount of "character" for better or worse.

The news articles and the press conferences are also insanely repetitive when you'd think that's an area that wouldn't take that much work, especially the news articles.

Initially, I considered voting for the improvement of AI Squad Building. However, as I come to think of it, I feel that AI Squad Building has somewhat improved in FM 14, considering AI teams in my long term save in the German Bundesliga still acquire quality players, hence competing in that league even after ten seasons is still a challenge, which is an improvement compared to previous releases of FM.This, however, is only true for First Divison sides and not so much for lower leagues. Moreover, AI teams still love buying unproven 16 and 17-year old regens on a regular basis for enormous amounts of money (we're talking tens of millions) and that is really not that common, to say the least, IRL. Meanwhile, AI Teams tend to keep some of their players waaay past their peak and it is currently common to see underperfoming 35-ish players still making it to the first team i.e. Toni Kroos is 36 in my save and can barely walk, due to his regressed physical attributes, but he is still a regular player for a rich and ambitious club such as Bayern M. He is not good anymore either. But, yeah, overall I've got a lot less grudge against AI behavior than in previous versions of the game.

Eventually, I voted for the improvement of ME, since there is always more to be desired in that department and it is hands down the most signifficant aspect of the game. Even if no other aspect of FM remains unchanged in future versions, I would be absolutely comfortable with it, as long as ME continues to improve and all of SI's effort is channeled in that direction.

P.S. Just a couple of hours till the FM 15 video presentation. Can barely wait :)

I would have chosen half if it were possible.

Match engine generally gets most attention. Granted, the end product isn't always an improvement and needs a lot of additional tweaking, but it is something that has been moving forward with every FM since it was introduced, so I see no reason to vote for it.

Stuff like AI management and team building has sucked for all those years. It ties in with transfers. Most great teams end up mediocre or bad. Scouting system and player development haven't changed at all for like a decade.

It's disappointing that we're bombarded with cosmetic changes year after year, instead of spending time improving the fundamental aspects of the game. I understand it's hard to advertise under-the-hood changes, and they need to show easily visible and identifiable changes every year, but after such a long time it starting to look like they're basically selling us for 50 pounds the last year's version with a patch and an up-to-date database.

Rigid and outdated style of player development, rudimentary scouting, AI that is extremely poor at team building is what's ruining any long-term save.

congrats to 37 people voting on Match Engine - you got what you wished for. Hopefully it's not only nice graphics but actually better and more realistic movements.

Unfortunately AI managers and squad buildings didn't get any mention in the video today..

It was clearly shown though that there were no changes to PPA and very little changes to Training.

There are some changes to scouting with "fog of war" over attributes, but there is still PPA which will end up still having 14-year-old footballers that cost $20M.

I could of voted for nearly all of them in the list but in the end "AI Managers (i.e squad building) was the way I went. The reason was because I do saves of 10+ seasons but it always ends up too easy because the AI doesn't build well enough. They sign players they don't need or depend a fortune on players aged around 30 who have about 3 seasons left of being good enough.

Unless I'm wrong, transfers and AI management were pretty much linked in the poll so I could of chose either? International management has always needed looking at. I would love to give this a go 1 day but it is lacking too much for me to bother at the moment.

Archived