+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My top striker is leaving :(

Hybrid View

Amateur

Default My top striker is leaving :(

What to do guys? I am Luton Town, in my first season, Dean Morgan is my top striker, his sensational the whole season. However, my board only allows me to offer a maximum of 2.1K/week to a player as my current wage budget is much much more than the maximum wage budget allowed by my board. (It was like this when I played Luton) Do I really have to sell him?

Btw, I won the League and PtStone Trophy. Will it have any effects on the Wage Budget they will allocate me next season??

Amateur

Default Re: My top striker is leaving :(

If his contract is up at the end of the season, wait until the beginning of the new season and he may accept a new deal. You'll probably get 3-5k/week limit for next season and it may be enough.. good luck

Amateur

Alright thanks.. I'll post an update on what happens.. My final game of the season!!

Amateur

If he does go, have a look at Elvis Hammond - he's amazing in L1/2 - see my Brentford thread for stats..

Amateur

Oh, I already have him at the start of my season :P Well his sort of my third choice, played 32 scored 8 assisted 11. Talbot's my 2nd, but he broke his foot and was out of the rest of the season. :/

Anyway, I've sold Morgan to Swindon who has persistent interest on him the whole season, oh well. I'm allowed to offered a maximum of 5.5K/wk now, but his not interested. I have this young lad called Chris Martin though, his only 19 has Dribbling 15 and Shooting 20. Alongside with Talbot, they should make a good strikeforce.

Youth Team

Leo Fortune-West... May be old but he is always prolific for me.

Amateur

Hm, Leo Fortune West is not in my game. Any idea which club he is from? I couldn't find him from the player search function. Anyway, there's this player called up from my youth squad, his called Alan Tait, 15yo and his quite amazing.

Youth Team

I'm guessing he has retired then... He normally does in the first season. Unless that is he plays for you and you ask him to stay, 100% success rate

Part-Timer

Try Victor Moses from Palace you may still be able to get him on the cheap and his wages are quite low, if so he's a fantastic young player and can play in CAM or up front. He's very prolific up front.

That's a possibility

Last edited by ComeontheArsenal; 22-08-2008 at 14:46. Reason: spelling

Third Team

try releasing him then approaching him, they sometimes lower their demands when they dont have a club

Amateur

Thanks for the reply guys.

COTA, his currently on Stoke City who plays for Premier Division :/ Apparently, they bought him for cheap for like E22K and his now their vital player. Darn. He has a value of E2.2M and I don't think I am able to afford him, plus his on a 2.2K/w contract now Nonetheless, he looks pretty decent!

Anyway, Dean Morgan's a flop for Swindon anyway. Hammond is sensational! He and Talbot seems to work very good together.. I'm currently 2nd in my league.. with 2 more games to go.. and then it's Championship! But Barnsley is close behind me.. I only have a 1-pt advantage over them..

Amateur

This thread seems to be more of a focus on how im doing in the season isn't it?

Anyway, I lost to Colchester in my final game, and Barnsley won their final game. I am third, and won the playoffs. So now im promoted into Championship!! Go Luton!

Are there any suggestions on how I can improve my squad that can at least secure ourselves from relegation?

GK: Vincent Enyeama
    DC: Michael Spillane
    DC: Michael Dublin
    DC: Keith Keane
    ML: Kieran St Aimee
    MR: Dave Rooney
    MC: Francisco Merida (signed from Arsenal for E9.5M!! We have a huge kitty this season and he was pretty sensational last season as well)
    MC: Kevin Nicholls
    MC: Aaron Ramsey
    FC: Drew Talbot
    FC: Elvis Hammond

S1: Carlo Nash
    S2: George Pilkington (was amazing during my first season with Luton, but he was horrid last season.. probably hoping to offload him and bring in a new defender)
    S3: Lewis Emanuel (Lm)
    S4: Sam Parkin (S)
    S5: Alan Tait (regen, hoping to keep him, his attracting alot of attention from other clubs. )

And the rest of the squad looks like this..

GK: Dean Brill
    Defenders: Ian Roper (DC), Asa Hall (DC), Martin Armstrong (DC)
    Midfielders: Kevin Watson (DM), Jamie Tolley (MC), Gary Collins (AML/C), Ben Porter (AMR), Paul McVeigh (AM/F RLC), Richard Langley (MRC), Danny Murphy (AMC)
    Forwards: Danny Welbeck (BIG FLOP, signed for E4.5M last season, he is DISAPPOINTING ), Chris Martin

Anyway, I have a transfer budget of E5.75m.. Hopefully I can get some advices on how to improve for the upcoming championship!!

From the looks of the squad, I think the niche area is our forwards I guess.. As mentioned in the previous post, Talbot and Hammond are sensational working together..

and I am using jambo dave's 3-5-2 so I don't think I need full-backs..

*edit: I have signed Enyeama for E1.4m, signed Dave Rooney for an unnoticable sum, signed Michael Dublin for an unnoticable sum (his a DC) and Aaron Ramsey on Full season Loan. and something funny, Sir Alex retires, and Arsene Wenger has taken over his position.. o.O
    Last edited by xenardo; 23-08-2008 at 05:00.

+ Reply to Thread