The most frustrating things that happen in a match!

I have had a few games on FM08 where i get really annoyed, and i am sure many people have felt the same. One of my most frustrating incidents was: when coming to the end of a match, (champions league final) 1 - 0 up the other team scores a last minute equaliser, so the game had to go into extra time, from which i then lost 2-1,the frustating bit happened at the kick off 2nd half of extra time when the opposition kicked off to my horror my goalkeeper was up by the centre circle then they score a 75 yarder, im not that good with the rules in football but i do realise that the referee does check to see if the goalkeeper is ready when they kick off or they are always in the BOX!, anyone else encountered this very frustrating incident or a similar stupid mistake which should not happen?

The thing I hate the most is giving up a hard earned lead like 2 or 3 minutes after scoring.

The thing I find most frustrating is losing a match. Is this a bug? What are SI going to do about my beloved Arsenal losing? Stupid game...waste of money.

When a player with a free kick rating of 3 coupled with a long shot rating of 7 blasts in a 35 yard free kick to secure a draw for the opposition.

Agreed. I agree we do see alot of free-kicks scored these days but its not as though its the Beckhams and Juninho's taking them and we dont see one every other game.

Can't say that I ever bother to look at the freekick attribute of players who score against me. Mind you, I'd have to put my laptop back together from the millions of pieces it disintegrates into as I hurl it out of the window in rage at conceding a goal before I could do that :)

i hate when the AI brings on a sub and you click just too late to go to the opp instructions screen, so a highlight starts instead. you pause, give your players instructions for him, unpause... and then watch him score. just before you kick-off, match tactics are applied.

love it when that happens.

i hate when the AI brings on a sub and you click just too late to go to the opp instructions screen, so a highlight starts instead. you pause, give your players instructions for him, unpause... and then watch him score. just before you kick-off, match tactics are applied.

love it when that happens.

I always do player instructions for the subs before a game to avoid that.

The thing that annoys me the most about this game is probably the goalkeepers who save a shot and then take 25 minutes to get up 4 the rebound. I know they might be on the ground, or landed awkward, or being held down by an invisible forcefield, but I'd just like some text in the commentary to tell me.

i hate it when just after you make your last sub on 70 mins, one of your players gets injured.

also, when a player gets injured early on in the match but happens to play in the only posistion you didn't breing select a cover for.

i hate it when just after you make your last sub on 70 mins, one of your players gets injured.

also, when a player gets injured early on in the match but happens to play in the only posistion you didn't breing select a cover for.

Agreed, once you make a change you should be able to change your mind before it happens. The really annoying thing is you can plan for the entire season in the time it takes to make simple changes.

When the blind ref gives the opp a pen with seconds left in the CL final because my CB moves within 10 metres of Cristiano Ronaldo. Guess it's realistic tho.

firstly this has never happened in the history on the champions league so it isnt realistic, and secondly you shouldn't hate ronaldo because he is the best player in the world you should be happy to have one of the greatest players ever in the premier league.

When the opposition changes tactics and scores less the 10 seconds after an alteration by them - which is complete excrement as the players wouldn't all get into the new positions that quickly.
firstly this has never happened in the history on the champions league so it isnt realistic, and secondly you shouldn't hate ronaldo because he is the best player in the world you should be happy to have one of the greatest players ever in the premier league.

surely you can hate ronaldo whilst still admitting he is a good player? i for one certainly do!

Archived