Statistics you would like to see in FM

FM is a game of numbers. Although currently, there is no dearth of statistics, there is always room to include more. I, personally, love numbers, stats and percentages in any form. What statistics would you like to see in future FMs?

Here is my list:

1. Total appearances, goals, assists, etc for all players at your club: When you've been at a club for a long time, you would definitely like to know who has made the most number of appearances, scored the most goals, had the best clean sheet ratio etc for you. A neat table listing this for all the players you've managed would be nice.

2. More team analysis: Figures for your best CB pairing, best midfield partnerships, etc would be really cool to have. Also a statistic of most successful starting 11 would be nice.

3. Attribute development: Right now, you can see attribute development only over a certain period. But the ability to see it over a player's entire career (your players, atleast) will be a good addition. The ability to take screenshots and saving them in-game (similar to saving matches, shortlists, etc) would make it more hassle free. Also graphs of player values, international appearances would be a welcome addition.

Team stats for total passing, passing accuracy, etc, etc

Was coming to say the same thing. Nearly every week the press comment on how well we pass the ball or how high our tackling % is yet i don't think there is a screen to back up what i am being told.

I think in the MLS they have a stat for second assist - i.e the person who passed the ball to the person who made the assist. This is useful for collecting stats on build up play so you could see the most effective combinations of players leading to goals and then modify your tactics to start channeling the ball through them.

Dispossession, being dribbled past, accurate long balls, "key" interceptions, offsides won, possession lost, clearances separated from misplaced passes (if they go out of play). Bags more that I'm not thinking of right away, they don't all have to go on main stats page of ME, in fact most won't. For analysis section would like position of passes received by player receiving them, not just position and direction of passes made.

And get rid of distance run, or at least have it less important for match rating. I don't care.

Second assist would be cool, as would it affecting the match rating to give some DLPs some love, as would "how goals were scored"

Not sure if there is such a stat already - but long shots attempted & long shots scored.

I think a broader application of Key Passes would cover this.

A couple of other things I thought of:

1. Head-to-Heaad record for all the teams your club has played against.e position of player with

2. Additonal Match-Analysis features: Average position of player with ball, average postion of player when receiving a pass, dribbles location, etc

A graphic showing where opposition player X has placed his penalties for the last season + an option to instruct the keeper to go to a certain corner if the opposition gets a penalty.

You can go to the other Clubs page too see their's.

Yeah i can but it is an effort to work out who is the best and worst. Adding a simple tab on the Table - Stats page of Winning Tackle % or Pass Completion % should be easy, right? It wouldn't bother me so much if the press didn't bang on about our great %'s.

I use the oppositions page when setting up my tactics per game as it is. It is one of my main pages of interest.

Goalkeeper saves.

Definitely this one.

I'd also like to see a shots/shot on target ratio for the whole team over the season and a shot on target to goal ratio for and against.

Something like the match stats page totalled for the whole season would be good.

FM is a game of numbers. Although currently, there is no dearth of statistics, there is always room to include more. I, personally, love numbers, stats and percentages in any form. What statistics would you like to see in future FMs?

Here is my list:

2. More team analysis: Figures for your best CB pairing, best midfield partnerships, etc would be really cool to have. Also a statistic of most successful starting 11 would be nice.

I really like this idea and I think it would be a neat addition, but I hope it would happen only if you had plenty of coaches or good coaches and/or the quality your backroom staff.

For a terrible example... A coach at a Conferance club with terrible attributes would say your best CB partnership was your Striker and Goalkeeper. Whereas the coaches at Man Unt were able to offer you more detailed advice about which Centre Backs are the best partnership against different teams with different tactics, etc etc.

During goals directly scored from free kicks

Would love to see a replay showing distance from goal (radial from ball), speed of shot, curl etc. perhaps line from ball to goal showing trajectory etc.

Just some stats in replays of goals from FK.

I'd like to select a certain position, such as striker, or central defender, and see only the player's stats in that position. I would like to filter out stats from time out on loan at another club. Then everything per minute. Shots, assists, passes, key passes, headers, headers won, passes completed, etc. All per minute. If this cannot be done in FM, I would like to export that data to a text file, suitable for importing to third party software such as openoffice or excel. If the game cannot do this, just print line by line into a text file what happens during the game and let fans make software to parse that information into the stats they want.

Why? I play one guy at central mid, attacking central mid and striker. I'd like to compare how he does at striker versus others playing at striker. Saying he only scores one goal per 120 minutes is not helpful unless I have minutes at each position, and goals scored at each position.

That may be too big a suggestion.

In game, I'd like a measure of "activity" of a player. Number of touches would be a start. I see how many "runs" my players make, so I think they must be running past someone. I'd like to know who, on my team, gets beat: run by, ball lost (e.g. tackled away), etc.

I'd like to be able to watch the last, say, 10 corners we took and defended. I'd like a one page image of the corner setup, and result, e.g. arrow for flight of the corner, then who got to it, did it score? Clear? etc. Same for free kicks, penalties and long throws.

For each team, I want to know how many corners they took. Looking at corners scored/conceded, isn't helpful without the context. Same with free kicks and long throws.

• 1 month later...

A few "All-time" stats would be nice:

This can be sorted as under:

1. League stats

2. Club stats

3. Manager tenure stats

The league stats, I imagine would be available for majority of the top leagues around the world and should include:

Appearances, goals, clean sheets, assists, etc

In cases where such stats are not available, a random value can be set or it can be set to 0.

Club stats would include the above fields but only for the players (past and present) of the club in question.

Manager tenure stats are the ones which you create when you take over the particular club.

This would give great incentive to continuing long term games.

• 3 months later...

Having started to try and implement a Wide Target Man in my current save, I've realised that on the Match Analysis, there is no option to see where passes TO a player have come from, only where players themselves pass the ball. This would help greatly to see if the passes from my WTM are only ever coming from the fullback behind him, or if all players are trying to reach him etc. I think this would also be very useful to see for other positions, e.g. it is easy to see where your playmaker is feeding the ball, but you have no real idea of who is passing the ball to the playmaker and from where. Are my midfielders playing it to him or are my defenders trying to reach him with a hoof (I know you can watch the match on extended etc. but it would be nice to see as part of the stats package)

Having started to try and implement a Wide Target Man in my current save, I've realised that on the Match Analysis, there is no option to see where passes TO a player have come from, only where players themselves pass the ball. This would help greatly to see if the passes from my WTM are only ever coming from the fullback behind him, or if all players are trying to reach him etc. I think this would also be very useful to see for other positions, e.g. it is easy to see where your playmaker is feeding the ball, but you have no real idea of who is passing the ball to the playmaker and from where. Are my midfielders playing it to him or are my defenders trying to reach him with a hoof (I know you can watch the match on extended etc. but it would be nice to see as part of the stats package)

This would be great. Also, if we are able to see what the player does with ball such as Attempt to pass, Attempt to dribble, Cleared/flicked the ball on, etc

The one that came to my mind over the last few days is the all-time table of head-to-head records, both for each club and each manager.

I would like to see, as a win percentage (100% = win, 50% = draw, 0% = loss), what I have done against all the teams, and then be able to rank (as in a normal league table), by matches/wins/goals/points, etc. Also, if you can filter by league/cup/Europe, as well as the individual competition (e.g. filter out friendlies).

In my own profile, I'd then want to see what I have done against other managers (across any teams I've managed), again to be filtered by league/cup/europe/competition, as well as by club.

I'd like to be able to break down the stats in the post match analysis by time. So for example you could see average position at any minute, to be able to track changes throughout the game. Also I'd like to be able to see assist locations

Turnovers. I'd like to see, by team and by player, the number of times my guys cough up the ball. I'd like to know the total number of times in a game each of my under-performing slugs gets tackled, dribbles it off the pitch, gives away a pass, commits a foul or otherwise offers the other team a gift. Some sort of plus/minus rating would be great. Admittedly, it wouldn't be the easiest statistic to calculate properly but even a rough approximation would help me understand why we lose. There have been so many times that a defender has coughed up the ball, giving the enemy striker an easy shot on goal but my keeper gets tagged with the rating demerit. A turnover stat would help pinpoint the problem.

I'd like to select a certain position, such as striker, or central defender, and see only the player's stats in that position. I would like to filter out stats from time out on loan at another club. Then everything per minute. Shots, assists, passes, key passes, headers, headers won, passes completed, etc. All per minute. If this cannot be done in FM, I would like to export that data to a text file, suitable for importing to third party software such as openoffice or excel. If the game cannot do this, just print line by line into a text file what happens during the game and let fans make software to parse that information into the stats they want.

Why? I play one guy at central mid, attacking central mid and striker. I'd like to compare how he does at striker versus others playing at striker. Saying he only scores one goal per 120 minutes is not helpful unless I have minutes at each position, and goals scored at each position.

That may be too big a suggestion.

I'm definitely on board with this.

My dream would be a situational stats filter that is set up like the current player and staff search filters. You have a bunch of categories you can pick from, and then the game returns a report with the player's per-90 averages under those conditions. You could see how your guy does in a certain position, in a specific role/duty, home vs. away, league vs. cup, etc.

Also love the idea of exportable data. I've thought about tracking some of these things in Excel myself, but I'd end up spending more time doing data entry than playing the actual game.

Some of the things above are things I have long wanted, especially

- lost possession stats (needs to be intelligent - a defender hoofing upfield under pressure should not count)

- more long term records like appearances, goals, assists top 10 all time for your team, for other teams, for different competitions etc. In fact given most of the underlying data is stored, it wouldn't need a lot of additional memory to be able to have top 100.

I play lots of long term games and it's the addition of this sort of stuff that will get me to buy the latest version. I'm so sad that every few seasons I occasionally go through every premiership team manually adding up the number of Prem goals each player has scored so that I can manually create my top 10 current prem goalscorers list (clearly I only have to look at a few players from every team).

and then also

- all time most medalled players, which players have most competition wins, filterable by competition and total

- chance conversion rate split by clear cut, half chance, other chance tracked over the season for every player, also hit woodwork tracked for each player

• 1 month later...

Reading analysis about the recent Champions League semis, I realized that player touches is something that is missing from the game. (unless I'm being daft :D)

During the Juventus vs Real Madrid game, I read that Bale managed only 30 touches of the ball while Casillas managed 33 touches.

This coupled with other stats clearly tells you that Bale was out of sorts in the game.

This statistic would be especially useful when you are in the process of making a new tactic and would be a good way of assessing ball distribution.

Archived