What's the one major area/feature that you are really waiting for in FM15?

This is not a wishlist thread, and not a thread to suggest all your ideas. It's too late in FM15 development anyway.

It's just a discussion - what ONE thing you really want to get improved in FM15?

For me this one thing is Managing a national team.

I actually love it more than managing a club team, I'm more attached to my nation than to any big-money club anywhere, and World Cup is way cooler than Champions League.

So I would be checking video previews of FM15 religiously hoping for significant National Team improvements.

What about you?

Some ideas to throw around.. transfer system, scouting/star system, more playable leagues, deeper youth development, match engine, etc. etc.

I want to create a poll in the next thread after I get enough thoughts here :)

My ideal would be something similar to FM11. It was the perfect game in terms of play time, the layout, the features. The only things I would like improved would be the AI side of the game. So Match engine, transfer market, AI squad building, etc.

I know it won't happen in the full game as they are always trying to add more, but if they could make FM classic like FM11 then that would be perfect for me. I can't get into the full mode as there is too much guff now and I can't deal with classic either as I feel there is too little to control.

Ideally with classic the way forward for SI would be to have a features selection panel before game start.

EG:

Do you want press conferences? YES/NO (or SIMPLE/FULL - Simple for how it is in classic and full for full press conference options like full game)

What level of training mode do you want LIGHT/MEDIUM/HEAVY

Do you want team talks YES/NO

Add any other optional features here...

EG:

Do you want press conferences? YES/NO (or SIMPLE/FULL - Simple for how it is in classic and full for full press conference options like full game)

What level of training mode do you want LIGHT/MEDIUM/HEAVY

Do you want team talks YES/NO

Add any other optional features here...

This!

Would be great to have it in the full game too, the repetition of the same questions over and over get tiresome after a short while. And you can't trust your assistean not to say something stupid that upsets someone, either...

Everything involving player interaction and player personalities, especially deep into saves far into the future. I want players to have some kind of personality and individuality, not just all streamlined the way they are now. I want some trouble makers. Maybe it's too easy to mold everyone into a professional/determined/model professional etc?

The way it is now, players will ask to go out on loan ---> you'll tell them no --> they'll accept. Rinse & repeat many times over the course of a season. This should just disappear. And like I said, more players should kick up a fuss over this. You can have players from ages 15 to 25 who play virtually no games for the first team, and they're ok with this, more or less. They're ok with not getting any first team football for 10 years. Sooner or later they might actually demand something and make life tough for you, but not nearly enough. They're relinquishing their entire careers and that's just not realistic.

But most importantly I want a squad with a diverse set of personalities. I want some Balotellis, some Cantonas and whatnot. Just makes things more interesting.

Much, much better feedback from the Assistant Manager during matches.

The AI has got tougher, which is IMO very welcome, but because of this its more important than ever to know what is going on. Sometimes, when you're watching highlights as opposed to the full match, it can be very difficult to tell what is happening.

SI do need to make the Assistant Manager able to bridge this gap, recognising that not all of us want/have time, to watch matches in full or pore over stats & heat maps.

1. Less repetition in match engine commentary.

2. Fewer freak goals. If I see a goal followed by "But he never meant it" one more time, I do believe I'll bash my poor computer to bits.

3. Clearer pep talk responses. I don't even know why half of the comments are there. Also, some of the responses appear to be completely out of place with what's happening in the game.

I just got one.

FM Classic Editor, with all features the current editor.

Another vote for this.

Not sure if this has changed but SI said in a thread a year or two ago that people who play classic probably wouldn't use an editor but I disagree. It's not just recreational gamers who play classic, some of us just don't like the direction the full game has taken (too time-consuming / complex).

If there's no editor for classic then I won't buy it I'm afraid. Love to create custom leagues and it would be amazing to play them in classic mode.

AI Squad building. Long term saves become very easy because the AI doesn't improve their squads enough

This.

I always like it when my team is full of regens, but by that stage there isn't much of a challenge anymore. They just become obsessed with bidding for my players over and over again (bidding the same amount every time, even though I turn it down every time)

The traditional mode should be harder. We have the Classic mode for the casuals now, make the normal mode more hardcore.

Oh, and injuries. Such an antiquated system that has been in place since 1999 it feels like. Players completely unable to play with a strained wrist for example, plus the formulaic recovery times. Injuries should be far less predictable in their recovery diagnosis. That whole side of things should have an overhaul.

Oh, and injuries. Such an antiquated system that has been in place since 1999 it feels like. Players completely unable to play with a strained wrist for example, plus the formulaic recovery times. Injuries should be far less predictable in their recovery diagnosis. That whole side of things should have an overhaul.

but medical science is able to kind of predict how long you're going to be injured for

I do see the need to "send to oxygen tank" in order to help speed up his recovery

so rather than miss 6 weeks with a strained ankle (or injections and then 6 weeks), then you should be given that option in the hope of having him back in time for that CL semi in a month (which he would've missed anyway)

i think there should be more player to player interaction, i rarely know who likes who in my squad and why (except for the little name in the favorite personnel), another day i asked a player to tutor another and it seems they dont like each other and i had no idea they felt this way (and they have been playing together for 2 seasons already), the game needs to better indicate squad relationships, there should also be more disagreements and such between teammates, ive only ever saw it happen because of bad tutoring

there also needs to be a fix for the interface of the player search, after you click on a player the little arrow that goes to the next player of the team should instead go to the next player of the search based on how it's sorted, it would be much faster to be able to go through all players without having to go back and click on each other (which is even more time consuming if the scrolling resets), this would be especially useful for big lists of free agents

the screen flow feature should also be able to take you to the backroom advice after the amount of days you specify, its really annoying to see the message popup that im not attending backroom staff advices

fix for the assistant manager always complaining about short passing and asking for a more direct play

youth players not wanting to go to feeder clubs when it's clear no one else wants them for loan and you are not going to play them in the first team

a way to make clear for the player that you want to loan him to get a second nationality so that he will be more likely to accept a loan in spain, belgium, bulgaria or other countries with quicker nationality gain

player conversation to try to convince him on what national team to play for if he has dual nationality

youth camps in other countries, while it seems there is an option to create this with feeder clubs, it seems it doesn't always work right (i picked the option to the feeder club to send me promising players for my youth intake yet it seems that the board made it a first option buy on the players)

Tell that to Arsene Wenger.....

There is no variation in recovery from to player to player.

How big a database would FM need to have to incorporate every single injury? And then calculate that to the players condition, wealth, even his genetic make up and where he grew up as all could be factors in regards to his recovery period. Then that add this to his Club's facilities, Physio's and fitness coach.

The traditional mode should be harder. We have the Classic mode for the casuals now, make the normal mode more hardcore.

Dude, I hate fm classic. But i don't have hours and hours to play. Do I have to play classic because I don't play 12 hours a day?

Archived