Getting a new job

Okay, quick back story - I'm in 2026 now I think - I started out with Fleetwood and went from league to won't premier league in 4 seasons, picking up a title or two in the process. In the premier league there wasn't really any more progress to be made for such a small club, so I took the Southampton job. Had a season, didn't really get going and was in relegation battle, all be it a comfortable one, just like the year before. I opted for top many youthful players and the board weren't keen - I quit after a season and Swanseatook me.

5 seasons at Swansea, took them to Europe in year one with a little fortune, but kept in it for 3 seasons of 5 in all then in the 5th I got champions league with a 3rd place finish, brought some massive players, in my 5 years and developed some equally big ones! Yet with the championsleague sseason we struggled to stay near the top half! Despite the huge progress I'd brought the club, I got the sack - never mind.

Now I've been without a club almost two seasons - I've had NUMEROUS interviews and lots of them were flattered by my interest- but none hired me! I've tried saying just what they want to hear philosophy wise, I've tried being more ambitious and on par with their targets , I've tried accepting lower budgets and they always opt for someone else!

I took the Holland job just to keep my name around in the meantime, but that was over a season ago now, I just want a half decent club! I have even considered one or two championship clubs but still no joy! Tried numerous leagues and sizes of clubs and just don't know why they always choose someone else despite being flattered by my interest pre-interview and in total agreement with my vision after!

Anybody have any ideas?

I've tried various - Roma, lazio, malaga, arsenal, Newcastle, Leicester, Everton, Liverpool, Cardiff - I'm sure there were more, but very varied.

I even reapplied for Swansea when the new manager flopped a year in.

Plus, I've been offered interviews by smaller clubs like Scottish premier league, league one and championship. But my rep can't be that low if 1) i was given the Holland job 2) I qualified for champions league with Swansea 3) much bigger clubs than these are flatted by my interest.

I wondered if it could be something to do with a club not wanting a mmanager with two jobs, but I'vemanaged club and xcountrya few ttimes before on previous games without any problem

Plus, I've been offered interviews by smaller clubs like Scottish premier league, league one and championship. But my rep can't be that low if 1) i was given the Holland job 2) I qualified for champions league with Swansea 3) much bigger clubs than these are flatted by my interest.

Big clubs don't have that rapport with you, particularly after a poor spell at Swansea coping with the CL (or maybe they're too poor to have you, probably a cheaper option too)

and then the smaller clubs don't have enough money to offer you wage wise (you've priced yourself out of the market)

which is why you're at Holland

Have you tested what happens if you're not managing the Dutch national side?

just out of interest, why does this happen in FM?

In real life, club managers are NEVER managers of a national team too (they might have some capacity, a club coach was the u19s coach a while back) but it's never the top job for both countries

if it's happened in the past, then fair enough (I can't think of any, but if there's anything specific, then say)

but I've always found it a bit weird

In real life, club managers are NEVER managers of a national team too (they might have some capacity, a club coach was the u19s coach a while back) but it's never the top job for both countries

if it's happened in the past, then fair enough (I can't think of any, but if there's anything specific, then say)

Because there was a high demand for it from the consumers?

Not everything in game has to mirror RL.

Guus Hiddink was manager of both Australia and PSV Eindhoven a few years back, but I can't think of any other examples.

I guess there's nothing to say you can't in real life, so that's replicated in the game - but I don't 't like to, don't like coaching a national side to be honest - just took to have something to do while I wait for a club!

And I haven't tried quitting it and trying for a clu, because the same was happening before I took Holland and I think quitting now would have a negative effect maybe anyway.

Thanks for your ideas so far! Sounds like maybe I'm in limbo! Too expensive for most but not proven enough for those with the money...

And I don't want to start a new game, because I like the history this one and the regens, plus fm15 will be out before long!

Archived