What do you keep your wage budget at? And what do you spend it on?

I'm Southampton into 2016/2017 season. I keep a tight budget under at 1.2 Mil p/w, by not having a ton of players in the senior squad, I try not to pay above 95K a week for a player if I can avoid it..

I probably have about 14 quality players where I can swap for various positions for rotation and injury. I keep 2-3 hot prospects I can sub in if I'm winning convincingly, they will be on anywhere between 1-10K a week. On top of that i'll have about 8-12 other hot prospects I loan out at mostly 100% wages paid with an option for recall incase I need a backup. I do not run an under 21 squad.

What do you pay per week, and how big is your squad?

My rule of thumb =

Champ = £100k PW for a regular side, more if I'm really going hard for promo. £150k team should win promo.

Prem = sub £1m

CL side = £1.8m.

It depends though, in a network save I let it get to £3m, sounds alot but I HAD to keep my best players as they were literally the best in the game and kept me on top. Plus I was earning a fortune from selling players each year. It was spend it on wages or just get rinsed more by the board for dividends and in tax etc!

Squad is big in the prem as I have a A side and a B side when I'm a CL level team.

Archived