Is morale broken in my game?

I've just encountered a weird morale situation,it has happened before but it was a while ago so i thought it had been sorted but then i saw this..

I'm playing as Middlesbrough and i have played 4 league games so far,i have won 3 and lost 1 which was a close fought 1-0 loss to Reading which could have gone either way...the 3 wins i have been very dominant and very solid defensively..

I have just beaten Bournemouth 2-1 away from home where i was in full control,but morale has dropped rapidly...

This is morale right now...

2cwpht1.jpg

This is the league table so far..

2rrvs44.jpg

I have asked my captain Woodgate but he just comes back with the obvious of a few wins should help....ermmm we have won 3 out of 4 and yet we are going backwards massively..

All my first team and key players are getting plenty of game time apart from Carayol who has been injured...

So is this a bug in my game?

I play Watford next and with this morale i will be on the wrong end of an hiding just because the game has decided i'm doing too well for once...

I have no choice but to use the editor but i hate doing this :(

My reputation is continental as i'm not the best on this years game so prefer a little help in that way..

I have only bought Danny Batth from Wolves and brought in Albert Riera on a free,and the only players i have shipped out are Parnaby to Wolves and Ledesma to Bournemouth on loan

Have you just finished the match?

Did you upset the team with the teamtalk?

and yes you have a choice which is carry on rather than using the editor.

Obviously i have a choice,i was being OTT yes but with the morale i have i could face a huge mauling

after the match my team were all in green,either happy or fired up,motivated etc...nobody disliked my talk

As i expected i was on the wrong end of a very one sided 3-1 spanking at home

In the space of two games i have turned from a very solid,attractive short passing,hardworking team into a kick and chase team..

Previous games i had players closing down the opposition and forcing them into mistakes or making them kick it long,but since the weird drop in morale Watford were able to run rings around me and my players never once looked bothered..

Why does it tell us that players are fired up but then they go back onto the pitch in the same negative manner...when i see fired up i instantly think of Roy Keane,or Steven Gerrard in 2005...yet my players resemble Balotelli on sleeping pills..

Almost a full year and i'm still yet to find out how FM14 works...i've now got a full team stuck on abysmal...what joy!

That is weird.

I'm curious to know why their morale was so poor since it doesn't seem to be poor results, bad team talk or you unsettling them either by changing squad status or saying something they dont like in a press-conferences / team meeting.

It's tough to win games when morale is very poor so I for one understand where you're coming from and sympathize. Especially when it is inexplicable. I had a squad with very low morale and we kept finding a way to lose games 1-0 but my players had low morale because we started the season losing the first 5 games including a 7-0 spanking by Bayern. So I had no complains about WHY morale was low.

Your case is a different story so it's worth finding out why morale was so low and if this is just a bug or not.

I'm not 100% sure it was exactly this,but i changed a few players training schedules around as i saw that 13 of them were unhappy..

I went to individual training and noticed quite a few were unhappy,some were unhappy that their schedule was too light and some saying theirs were too heavy..

After this i noticed the morale change from abysmal to fairly poor,i then went on to beat Nottingham Forest away 4-3 (should have been much easier as i was 4-1 up at HT but i let it slip) and my performance level improved dramatically..

Morale is around fairly good and superb now so i'm hoping i have found the problem.

Archived