FMH14 iOS 8 Advisory - If you use iCloud saves, don't upgrade to iCloud drive

• SI Staff

Hi - we've had some reports of the optional iCloud Drive causing issues with FMH 2014 iCloud saves after update to iOS 8.

We recommend not upgrading to iCloud Drive for now. We will look into this to see if there's anything we can do about it but can't yet promise.

If you do find yourselves facing issues, it would be helpful to us to receive as detailed a description of them as possible, including which actions you have taken in which order.

Hi

I use FHM 2014 and all my saves are on iCloud. To upgrade to ios 8 I had to make space so I removed the app from my iphone and after upgrading to ios 8, iCloud drive, and reinstalling the app the iCloud option is now missing, so I can't access all my save files. Therefore all my saves are gone and with them my unlockables. I have an iPad which I didn't upgrade where I can get my saves, but can transfer them to my iphone.

Im having the same problem, its a bloody nuisiance i lost my 10 yrs of playing, like above said Apple should have been aware and gave choice of upgrading to drive , i to hope its resolved quickly as it was a best feature of 2014 saving options,

Long time user of FM but first time on handhelds, got FM14 on iphone 5s and DL it to my ipad. Started the game on my iphone, i did the ios8 update before buying FM14, it won't allow me to save to icloud tho, it says 'Unable to save file to icloud' 'Please check connection and try again in a few minutes'.

Connection is fine, signed in etc etc... is this part of the ios8 bug?

As usual Apple manage to lous it up again...

Can send screen shot if you like.

• SI Staff
Hi I upgraded to iCloud drive too and now whenever I save to iCloud from my iOS devices it says "Unable to save to iCloud ..."

Are u guys gong to issue a fix at all? Pl are bring this back its a great feature and I miss it a lot

We're investigating it and trying to ascertain what can be done in this regard - I've no idea why Apple have changed it, or indeed what they've done to break things at present ...

• SI Staff

Just to reiterate what Alari said - its in progress, to give people an update we have a 'prototype' fix for the issue and once its confirmed it fixes it across all devices and iOS variants we'll obviously get an RC built and into the full release testing cycle and out to you chaps asap.

(but this will take a while as its essential we know what we're releasing is safe and works)

Just to reiterate what Alari said - its in progress, to give people an update we have a 'prototype' fix for the issue and once its confirmed it fixes it across all devices and iOS variants we'll obviously get an RC built and into the full release testing cycle and out to you chaps asap.

(but this will take a while as its essential we know what we're releasing is safe and works)

Many users need this feature fixed so I am very glad to hear you are going to fix the bug for FMH14 and not just waiting for FMH15.

• 4 weeks later...
  • SI Staff

With respect, I'd like to remind you that this time of year is extremely busy so we do not have as much time as usual for forum posting. The issue is under review and when there is further news it will be posted here. with regard to the beta etc, I refer you to my earlier post regarding our surprise at the prompt to upgrade to iCloud Drive at that point in time.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Is there any progress on this or has it been abandoned?

I'd like to clear some space on my iPad if possible, so is there an option to backup to pc or another drive instead, so I can resume at a later date? Thanks

I also NEED this sorted. Need to wipe my iPad without losing my game. It's been a good few months now. Please give us someway of backing up!

Tar

• SI Staff

If you have your game file saved locally on the device (i.e. not on iCloud), instructions on how to extract the saves and back them up on your PC are here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file?p=6492069&viewfull=1#post6492069

Archived