The only one to ever consistently beat Ronaldo (up) [FM07]

Twellman24

[FM 07]

As FM15 drags its feet, and with already a couple of years of getting bored with FM to my name, I feel like I have time to get back to my roots--the Journeyman career. I have never won much in any of the dozen or so versions of this game I've played, but I've always had the most fun with lower division teams.

That being said, the past 2-3 versions have left me bored of the game, full of mandatory things you need to do to get through the day-to-day as a manager, something which, as a full time employed person, with a life, friends, outdoors activities and a baby on the way, I simply cannot put up with anymore.

With all that out of the way, I put together a little backstory for my new career, chose an edition of the game with which I had the most fun, and went with it. This save starts right now--as we go through the seasons, I'll update on a 1/2 or full season report, depending on how things are going and how into the save I get. I hope you enjoy it!

The setup: Did you know that Cristiano Ronaldo has an older brother? He does. did you know that he's not really much anything? He is. Ronaldo's older brother, Hugo Aveiro, has had enough, and thinking it is about time his name also gets recognized around the world, starts his managerial career after studying for a couple of years.

His younger brother pulled some strings, and after a couple of meetings, he has his chance: Clube Futebol Uniao Madeira, one of the local clubs in Ronaldo (and Hugo)'s hometown, has given him a one year contract to see what he can do with the current team.

Madeira is in the third division of Portugal (Segunda B), and with Maritimo and Nacional both in the top division, he has two other Madeira clubs to look up to--both fierce rivals of the club.

Now, let me repeat that--the island of Madeira has two teams in the top flight. Actually, scratch that--the city of Funchal, in the island of Madeira, population 100,000, has two teams in the top flight. Hugo Aveiro's idea is to get Uniao up there with time, but who knows.

Hugo Aveiro's objectives:

- Manage in Portugal's top flight. Hugo wants to be well known in his country most of all, so managing in the top flight is obviously a priority.

- Manage in England. Ronaldo's first real taste for glory was at United--Hugo wants to manage in this historic football nation. United would be a dream, but anything will do for this unknown manager. City would be interesting for the brother of a player so loved by United fans.

- Manage in Spain. Same here--Ronaldo has fallen in love with the Spanish league, where he has made everyone kneel to his talent--Hugo will, to the best of his abilities, want to do the same. He;d love to coach in the capital, be it Madrid or some other team.

- Offensive football. Like his brother, Hugo would rather win 5-4 than 1-0. An offensive style of play will be always in his mind.

Manager profile

Uniao Madeira

Squad

- Plenty of players, but we're missing people in the middle, both on defence, midfield, and up front.

Finances

- Healthy and with about 70,000 Euros to spend a year in extra wages. Let's hope our 14,000 stadium gets semi-full every week or we'll need money soon, though.

Table

- The best team qualifies to the next promotion stage, and the last three get relegated.

Best player

- This right winger should be our main attacking player. On loan from our neighbors at Nacional (the lesser rivals out of the two neighbors), Vinicius has the technique, pace and brains to do well.

Season Objectives:

- The board's idea is to finish top 4, so we'll try to do that and make a push for that only promotion playoff spot.

Archived