An Alternative Reality: The FM Documentary - coming soon!

No football on the telly, so what better way to spend Tuesday 7th October than an entire evening dedicated to the world's favourite football management game. Plus, there's an opportunity to be immortalised in the game itself!

Exclusive to Vue cinemas for ONE NIGHT ONLY – this is the first ever opportunity to see An Alternative Reality: The Football Manager Documentary.

With contributions from the game's creators, football experts and a host of famous fans, this is a film for everyone who knows how it feels to lead Grimsby to European glory…or wants to know how it feels.

WHAT ELSE YOU GET WITH YOUR TICKET

The film will be followed by a short video which unveils the new features of FM15 and the evening will be rounded off with a 'live' Q&A with the game's director, Miles Jacobson, who will answer questions posed by you and viewers at each of the participating cinemas.

As an added bonus, one lucky fan at each screening will win the chance to be immortalised in FM15 as a 'new-gen' player (tickets must be purchased before October 5th and other terms and conditions apply) - meaning YOU could be a star player for any number of FM players around the world!

LOCATIONS AND TICKETS

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]London

Fulham - Tickets

Islington - Tickets

Picadilly - Tickets

Westfield Stratford - Tickets

Westfield White City - Tickets[/TD]

[TD] North East

Gateshead - Tickets

[/TD]

[TD] Midlands

Birmingham - Tickets

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

North West

Birkenhead - Tickets

Bolton - Tickets

Bury The Rock - Tickets

Cheshire Oaks - Tickets

Manchester Lowry - Tickets[/TD]

[TD]

Scotland

Aberdeen - Tickets

Edinburgh Omni - Tickets

Glasgow Fort - Tickets

[/TD]

[TD]

South East

Oxford - Tickets

Portsmouth - Tickets

Reading - Tickets

Watford - Tickets

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

South West

Bristol Cribbs - Tickets

Plymouth - Tickets[/TD]

[TD]

Wales

Cardiff - Tickets

Swansea - Tickets[/TD]

[TD]

Yorkshire

Doncaster - Tickets

Leeds Light - Tickets

Sheffield - Tickets[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

GET A SCREENING ADDED AT YOUR LOCAL VUE

If none of the cinemas listed above are local to you, you can vote to have the documentary shown at one that’s a little closer to home by taking part in our Facebook or Twitter poll.

Voting closes at 12pm on Friday, September 19th and we’ll be announcing the results shortly thereafter.

REST OF THE WORLD

Following its initial screening, the film will be made available globally through a number of download and streaming services. Plus, the FM15 features video will be shown online as it is being shown in cinemas.

Don’t forget to share your excitement about the documentary on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, using the #FMdoc hashtag!

"On top of the documentary, the Vue screenings will also debut the brand new FM15 features video, plus an interactive Q&A with the gaffer, Miles Jacobson, with questions submitted by fans during the screening, through Twitter."

Phones on in the cinema?! tut tut

Really looking forward to this!

"On top of the documentary, the Vue screenings will also debut the brand new FM15 features video, plus an interactive Q&A with the gaffer, Miles Jacobson, with questions submitted by fans during the screening, through Twitter."

Phones on in the cinema?! tut tut

Really looking forward to this!

I would imagine the questions are pre-submitted, and it is the answering that is "during the screening".

So no chance for anyone outside the UK to appear as a newgen?

Anyone who wants can appear as a newgen in the game, simply by creating a edt file (future regens).

Here's a thread explaining it: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/390336-EDT-LNC-files-for-regens?highlight=future+regen

Although that would only apply to your game. With this competition you would appear in everyone's game.

I got a question.

On the site it says it will be transmitted in Portugal by Sporttv at 20.00 CET, however in programming on the site and on the TV, it is not indicated it will be transmitted in any of the 5 channels under this brand tomorrow October 7th.

I want to see this documentary, but I have no clue which of the 5 channels is this documentary is to be transmitted or if your site has the wrong information.

Hope it is clarified.

Thank you for your time.

Grade

I was sworn to secrecy but I guess it is okay to talk about it now.

A bit gutted as I could have been part of the documentary, I was invited along to take part in it but I was away with the wife and kids on holiday when it was being made.

Will be a bit bittersweet watching it.

I was sworn to secrecy but I guess it is okay to talk about it now.

A bit gutted as I could have been part of the documentary, I was invited along to take part in it but I was away with the wife and kids on holiday when it was being made.

Will be a bit bittersweet watching it.

May I ask what part you would have played in the documentary and why?

I think I will wait until after the documentary has been shown, it was not going to be anything big but I really do not want to spoil it for anyone, it would also not be fair to the guys that put in the hard work in making the documentary by leaking stuff before it has released. :)

I think I will wait until after the documentary has been shown, it was not going to be anything big but I really do not want to spoil it for anyone, it would also not be fair to the guys that put in the hard work in making the documentary by leaking stuff before it has released. :)

That's fair!

That's fair!

I was invited along by Ciarán Brennan of SI to tell my story from the 'recount your FM stories' thread, when I got the email I was really excited I do not mind saying, I was then in touch with the guys making the documentary and unfortunately the date I had to be in London for the shooting clashed with my holiday with the family so it all stopped there.

Truly gutted having played the game for the best part of 2 decades and then have a chance to be in a documentary about it .... then it was gone.

I went swimming with my son the day of the shooting while I was on holiday, his first time swimming so that made up for it though. :)

Edit-

I did move the email from Ciarán to my 'important emails' so it does not get deleted, so at least I have that also. ;)

Really enjoyed the documentary and thought it covered pretty much all bases - from the enthusiast to the professional football people who use some element of the game/data through various comedy moments. Step forward Jon McClure for most of those (Was it his wife narrating?).

Very good to see/hear the original game makers, and it might have been me but they came across as very awestruck and almost speechless at how big this game has grown since the original.

I haven't enjoyed a trip to the cinema as much as last night in absolutely ages.

Well done and thank you.

Really good documentary and thoroughly enjoyable evening. The only disappointment was the early section of the film, talking about the history of FM completely missing out CM3,4 and the yearly updates, no doubt for legal reasons so the story jumped from CM2 to FM2005. It kind of didn't give the whole story.

I'm also quite surprised at the Q&A nobody asked about why each release has bugs that aren't fixed until Feb?

I would have loved to see if someone would have asked (tongue in cheek) when the next patch will be released!!!

• Administrators

As Miles said on Twitter earlier today:

#‎FMDoc‬ was the 9th biggest film at box office in the UK yesterday. And 2nd based on average per screen. Thank you all for coming!

A digital release (on iTunes & others) will follow in a couple of weeks. Date will depend on how long approvals take. DVD in UK in Nov.

Where can those of us not fortunate enough to make it to a screening stream/download the film? I'm really looking forward to seeing it :) Thanks!

Was a link here from a French magazine or channel for FREE, I think they delete the post not worth paying money to watch it tbh.

Was a link here from a French magazine or channel for FREE, I think they delete the post not worth paying money to watch it tbh.

It was worth the money - really enjoyed the experience. The screen was full of like minded blokes (+ 2 women) who laughed along at the same moments. Glad I went

That's how I managed to see it here in Cambodia. Wasn't going to post the link in case it was unauthorised, which evidently was the case.

I would happily have paid if I could, by the way. Alas no one will authorise a credit card payment from Cambodia; I can't even pre-order the game at the moment, which is a major bummer.

I went with two cousins and we all really enjoyed it. Jon McClure was very funny, I loved his bit when he said he still thinks about the time he won the cup with Newcastle. I still think about the time Eduardo scored a 119th minute lob against Inter Milan to win the Champions League for my Arsenal team in FM 2007!

The only thing that bugged me was when Paolo Nutini stole Jason Manford's joke about being a bit rude to player in real life because that player skipped training in FM!

• 2 weeks later...

Watched it on iTunes. Enjoyable little film. It's not a comprehensive chronology of the game (the crucial pre-Sega years are barely covered, presumably for rights reasons), but a funny and illuminating snapshot of obsession. Albertini and Andros Townsend are the best of the celeb talking heads (Albertini features briefly, but takes it very seriously!)

Archived