Constant Injuries

I was hoping to get some advice here.

I'm getting a player injured every game in my current save. That's not an exaggeration. Every single game I'm having to make at least one substitution, usually two or three, because of injuries. That isn't even including the players who end up exhausted after picking up "knocks" without actually being injured. I'm not playing aggressive tactics (contain, normally), my training seems to be pretty decent for my level (Portuguese Second League) and it keeps happening regardless of how much I experiment. What am I doing wrong? It's completely ruining my enjoyment of the game and it's getting to the point where I'm simply not going to play anymore.

The main culprits are training levels (Too low or too high), tactics (Upload a screenshot maybe), injury prone players, aggressive opponents or simply bad luck.

You could also upload your save game which would let people have a deeper look and maybe identify some issues.

Under development -> training, at the bottom left there's a box titled Fitness, if your players are currently uninjured it will state if they're injury prone. Is this the case for some of them?

Also, what's your pitch condition? A pitch in a terrible condition will cause more injuries than one in a good or perfect condition.

How severe are the injuries you're getting? There's a vast difference between an injury that just sees them not finishing the game or being out for a couple of days, and a broken leg keeping them out for months.

Although I only have anecdotal evidence of this, players that aren't injury prone, but have stayed in the 'Needs a rest'-state for prolonged periods of their careers seems to pick up more injuries. How many physios you have employed and the quality of them could also have an effect, although many people claim that this just gives you a more accurate prediction of how long they will be out.

Personally, this edition of FM has for me been the most enjoyable in regards to injuries. Some periods they can still happen quite frequently, but at least I'm spared constantly having 4-6 players out with injuries lasting 3-10 months.

Thanks for the replies. I'll upload screenshots of my tactics as soon as I can.

None of my players seem to be injury prone, and there doesn't seem to a pattern as to who gets injured anyway. Some games it's my striker and my right back. Others it's my two central midfielders. The pitch is in good condition. That was one of the reasons that I took the job (I'm trying the Unemployment Challenge). Training was average, though I've busted everybody down to low right now to see if that'd help.

It's rare that it leads to a long term injury. It's just the effect that it has on my tactics that's driving me crazy. It's really hard to change things on the pitch, or take tired players off, when I've already used all my substitutes. There's been times that I've ended up with nine or ten men because of this, which really isn't ideal given that I'm in a relegation battle.

6 injuries for a squad isn't much in real life, sadly it is in FM. Hopefully FM15 has a lot more injuries, particularly in the carrying a slight injury that players do for months/years on end, and the very major ones that are extremely rare in FM. The 2 week-4 week types seem about right currently.

It's been happening pretty much all season. Looking at the fixtures list, I can see maybe six games where I didn't have someone injured, and that's out of 25 games played. That isn't including people whose condition went down to 50 percent after a knock, who are as good as injured really.

I did manage to go a few games without an injury yesterday, after changing my mentality to Standard from Contain, and thought maybe that might be the problem but it was right back to normal in the next match. I've pretty much got to use a defensive mentality anyway. I got promoted against the odds last season and I'm really up against it for staying up. I just don't have the players to really compete yet.

I think I'm going to take a break from the game for a while anyway. I'm getting far far too angry at it at the moment. :o

I was hoping to get some advice here.

I'm getting a player injured every game in my current save. That's not an exaggeration. Every single game I'm having to make at least one substitution, usually two or three, because of injuries. That isn't even including the players who end up exhausted after picking up "knocks" without actually being injured. I'm not playing aggressive tactics (contain, normally), my training seems to be pretty decent for my level (Portuguese Second League) and it keeps happening regardless of how much I experiment. What am I doing wrong? It's completely ruining my enjoyment of the game and it's getting to the point where I'm simply not going to play anymore.

is the player phil jones, if so its realistic

I think there is something about the conditions at some clubs/leagues/regions that influence injuries in a disproportionate way somehow. I've had a couple of saves recently where I've had constant injuries in match situations. For example a couple of seasons in Czech Republic with a second division team called Sokolov and it was exactly as described in the OP. Whereas normally I tend to have very few injuries, way less than what you'd expect in reality. I have no idea what influences it though. I usually play in English lower leagues where you'd expect injuries because of the poor quality pitches and lousy training conditions. Doesn't seem to be the case though.

Archived