When does a player "learn" from a game?

Wanting to know when, or, how long does a player have to play before he get's experience/learns/develops?

I've noticed that 15mins seems to be the cutoff for a player to get a rating. Is this the threshold?

So, if I sub a player in and he only plays for let's say....7 minutes, and he doesn't get a rating - is that not doing anything for his learning/development?

I find that making hattricks does wonders for the younger players. Often I've seen several sudden increases in attributes after a hattrick. And most recently a player lost his consistency as a weakness so he apparently no longer has any weaknesses...

For many FM's it's been said that youngsters need some 20 1st team games a season to develop properly.

Also the better training facilities and coaches you have the easier the players develop.

I've noticed that 15mins seems to be the cutoff for a player to get a rating. Is this the threshold?

So, if I sub a player in and he only plays for let's say....7 minutes, and he doesn't get a rating - is that not doing anything for his learning/development?

Correct and correct. No rating = no development

Archived