Martin Odergard

I'm pretty sure he will since he's got both a U21 and senior squad matches for Norway as well as being a regular for Strømsgodset this season. Only thing is if SI got some rule regarding age that hinders him from being in the game.

He won't be due to being under 16. There's an age related reason as to why. It's been mentioned before on the forums but I can't remember.

There is some variance from country to country as in other instances 14/15 year olds have appeared in the game, but generally its to do with child protection laws.

Yeah thout so. I knew the rule was under 16 just not sure what the cut off date is. I hope the Norwegian researcher is getting son great info on him ready for GM16.

Remember Freddy Adu? He was in game at 14 I think but went nowhere near fulfilling his potential. Hopefully this guy is different. They must have brought the rule in after Adu was at this age.

EDIT: I wrote this comment while you were writing yours. Thanks fir the info.

No sport in Norway, football or otherwise, is allowed to declare winners in a league ie. If medals are handed out, everyone must be given medals, ie "you are all winners". From 13 it changes though.

I'm sorry but this seems ludicrous.

What about schooling and grades. Do they compare students?

There is some variance from country to country as in other instances 14/15 year olds have appeared in the game, but generally its to do with child protection laws.
He was born after September 1st 1998 so he won't be in the game due to child protection laws. Players have to be 16 before that date. He'll be in FM16

There may be hope. Either way someone will be able to create a fairly accurate one in the editors hideaway.

http://www.karmoyped.no/sail/products/Assessment%20in%20Norway.pdf

From page 2 ' At the primary level primary level there is no formal grading. Pupils are given both there is no formal grading. Pupils are given both

formative assessment (assessment formative assessment (assessment for for learning) and assessment learning) and assessment of of learning learning

(”their degree of goal attainment”). But both forms of assessment are only (”their degree of goal attainment”). But both forms of assessment are only

given in ”prose language,” i.e. they rece given in ”prose language,” i.e. they receive assessment both orally and in ive assessment both orally and in

written form, but these are written form, but these are not graded with symbols not graded with symbols in relation to a formal in relation to a formal

scale.'

So no, not until around age 12 do formal learning assessments start either (if that is up to date).

also Pearson currently lists Norway as having the 9th best educational rank and attainment score, so even if you do not agree with their methods, you can't really argue with their results. Personally I think that concentrating on letting kids develop rather than fitting an early mindset that they need to compete can only be seen as a good thing (both academically and in sport).

http://thelearningcurve.pearson.com/index/index-ranking/educational-attainment-highest

From the Norwegian Sports Associations home page, "Regulations for child sports" (http://www.idrett.no/tema/barneidrett/bestemmelserogrettigheter/barnebestemmelser/Sider/default.aspx) - run quickly through google translate:

"Children's sports are sports activities for children up to and including the year they turn 12."

"From the child reaches the age of 11 use result lists, tables and rankings in competitions, if appropriate"

"All children will receive the prize in a sporting event where prizes are a part of the competition"

What about all those poor 14-15 year old regens exploited season after season? No fictional child protection? That's racist.

more seriously, SI might consider coding the game so that Martin Odergard would appear in the game as he turns 16, maybe as part of Strømsgodset first youth intake?

This has already been covered in the norwegian data issues thread. And for the record, his name is spelled Ødegaard, with Odegaard or Oedegaard as international spellings.

It's also quite fun to see people from other countries with strong opinions on norwegian law and politics, even if the concerns seem to be less about the actual laws and politics and more about getting a talented player included in the FM database.

It was never meant as an encouragement to discuss politics, but as an observation of how desperately some people are trying to find reasons to get a 15-year old included in the database.

There's a difference in 15 year olds who play in the youth setup, and a 15 year old who plays every week in the top division in an OK league and also for the national team. For a game who seeks to achieve reality I think SI should apply for an exception of the rule. For a player who is in the papers every day, I wouldn't think this should be much of a problem.

There's a difference in 15 year olds who play in the youth setup, and a 15 year old who plays every week in the top division in an OK league and also for the national team. For a game who seeks to achieve reality I think SI should apply for an exception of the rule. For a player who is in the papers every day, I wouldn't think this should be much of a problem.

Yeah exactly the personal details FM would reveal would already bw general knowledge anyway. But, laws are laws.

No sport in Norway, football or otherwise, is allowed to declare winners in a league ie. If medals are handed out, everyone must be given medals, ie "you are all winners". From 13 it changes though.

never liked that rule (not to sound harsh) but it just makes children think that they don't have to try but will still win

I was simply trying to illustrate that I believe that any exceptions from the age rules are not due to norwegian laws/regulations by stating the rules here in Norway. What SI does is entirely up to them and I don't have an opinion on that, the rules of sports in Norway or other places that I would like to discuss in this forum. Sorry if my statements led to a political discussion. Wasn't my intent.

you can create him yourself using the editor and add him to db....:)

I do this every version with many WONDERKIDS who are too young for the default game....and even if when you start the game changes the ages up, you can use a RTE to get them back to what you want ...

its much more realistic and it doesn't take long to put a facepack together so their image is in the game too

the players to really come through and end up as the best players in my current batch are Hagi/Hachim Mastour /

Takefusa Kubo is about to be the next big thing breaking into barca team as messi's replacement...no pressure there then:D

He was born after September 1st 1998 so he won't be in the game due to child protection laws. Players have to be 16 before that date. He'll be in FM16

Just one query, Ødegaard turns 16 in December (or at least according to Wikipedia). Would the protection law still prevent him from appearing in the database update after the January Transfer Window?

you can create him yourself using the editor and add him to db....:)

I do this every version with many WONDERKIDS who are too young for the default game....and even if when you start the game changes the ages up, you can use a RTE to get them back to what you want ...

its much more realistic and it doesn't take long to put a facepack together so their image is in the game too

the players to really come through and end up as the best players in my current batch are Hagi/Hachim Mastour /

Takefusa Kubo is about to be the next big thing breaking into barca team as messi's replacement...no pressure there then:D

Two problems.

1. I'm not Norwegian and would have no idea how to create him accurately.

2. There are challenges that forbid database changes. Also FMC doesn't allow DB changes.

Just one query, Ødegaard turns 16 in December (or at least according to Wikipedia). Would the protection law still prevent him from appearing in the database update after the January Transfer Window?

I believe so, as you start the game in 2014.

Two problems.

1. I'm not Norwegian and would have no idea how to create him accurately.

2. There are challenges that forbid database changes. Also FMC doesn't allow DB changes.

1. who does really creating a player is a debate that could take for ever ask a 100 users here you would get 100 different opinions,(and even the game DB how accurate can that be especially with younger players, there are 3 players set as -10 they are pogba/ Januzaj/Álvarez Balanta of those how many will reach that potential certainly doesn't look like the later will ???)

thats why I just put in his details...position etc and set it PA to -9/-8 for a wonderkid and leave all fields blank

2.I wasn't aware you wanted A DB for challenges, just giving you some help as to how you could get around this issue if you wanted to.

The thing is in reality any players' potential is limitless. IRL a players' perceived potential is more to do with their CA. This guy by all reports is at least a good Championship player at least. I just wish to have an idea of his individual attributes. But, I'm just being pedantic and a spoilt brat.

The thing is in reality any players' potential is limitless. IRL a players' perceived potential is more to do with their CA. This guy by all reports is at least a good Championship player at least. I just wish to have an idea of his individual attributes. But, I'm just being pedantic and a spoilt brat.
no its a difficult one I have a long standing mate from college who lives in Norway contacted him about this kid stated from what their press is stating he is Messi now!!!:D

however they think he is lightweight and a long way off EPL(better suited to less physical league...rumour there is PSG will get him in january)

I thought if he was as good as press stating he would have been snapped up and loaned out last transfer window......but nowadays everyone is a wonderkid/legend/world class etc :)

I think the physicality of English football is the reason for the national team's shortcomings. A lot of young players aren't getting the chance because their physical ability isn't up to scratch. In leagues like Italy or Spain physical prowess is less important.

Where do you draw the line? Josh Kennedy is playing for Australia but cannot be included because he plays in Japan. Has happened for numerous players who play in Japan and also for their national team. Now, SI cannot allow the database to extract them due to copyright laws. Why should they allow this kid into the database when it is breaking a child protection law?

Never said they should, I was looking for confirmation and a possible loophole. Alas, none exists.

However, I don't see how putting him in game would reveal any personal info we don't already know. Obviously, I'm not demanding it just stating that in this case the rule is ridiculous.

Child protection laws aren't just about what information is revealed though. As I said before it may vary from country to country or at SI it may just be the British/EU (or whoever else is behind it) law is applied across the board (SI are based in London after all). It seems on the Norway Data Thread Norbaek did confirm that with their data they're also following the child protection laws in their guidelines so it won't be happening this year.

Archived