Who will you start with on FM15?

Even though I've got the latest transfer window DB, I'm holding off on starting a fair few new saves for FM15 so I can have something fresh :D

The teams I'm lining up to start out with when the game comes out are:

Manchester United - The club I support, and with the way the transfer window has gone, I can't wait to get going with them! It's going to be really interesting to see what SI has done with them stats and performance wise too.

Queens Park Rangers - My local team who I follow. Again, they've only just got promoted and signed some great players like Sandro and Eduardo Vargas, so it'll be a good challenge to try and build them up.

Fulham - Love the club, I've seen them play a few times at the cottage, and now being in the championship is a great excuse to bring a lot of the excellent youths into the first team, a proper project!

Borussia Dortmund - Was always planning on starting a save with them on the new game, but now with Kagawa I feel there's even more reason to! Brilliant squad, now with some added depth compared to last seasons squad, will be interesting to see how Ramos and Immobile hold up.

AS Roma - Another club who had a groundbreaking transfer window, they've got a very talented, young squad, with a few wonderkids like Iturbe, Paredes and Sanabria, and also the legend that is Totti! Will be fun to see how they fare in Europe.

Valencia - A team who over the past few years I've thought have been uninspiring, but now with Peter Lim behind the club they don't have the financial limitations holding them back, and have made some very interesting acquisitions, with a fair few young Portuguese and Argentinian talents being bought, along with Rodrigo and Negredo up front looking a formidable force!

As you can see, I plan to start a fair few saves when the game comes out :p So, who are you guys looking forward to starting with when FM15 comes out?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ME My teams line up

FCBarcelona - I have liked the club since I was little and they have got my favourite player on their team and a lot of other stuff!

Wigan Athletic - I do a save on every football manager and as I follow wigan home and away plus I was born in wigan and they have got a good team with some great new signings im looking forward to it!

Fleetwood Town - they're going up and that they have never been past league one they're are good team to play with!

Arsenal - with some new players like sanchez and the good players they have already got plus I also like arsenal!

I always start with Ajax to see what's new in the version and also since they're the team I support.

I think after a couple of seasons I'm gonna try my luck in the Dafuge challenge (if there is one, but I cannot imagine there won't). FM12 is the last time I did it if I remember correctly.

Every new FM I say with this one I will start unemployed or pick a random team. But in all likelihood I'll be managing Roma and Man Utd maybe a little. One of Hearts/Hibs/Gers in the Scottish Championship might be fun, although I support Aberdeen. I might play with them a bit seeing as they're alright right now IRL. Also a little Viola, Juve, Napoli, Milan, Lazio, Inter.

Peterborough United!!!

A team full of young hungry footballers which will be difficult to keep intact with talents such as Baldwin(21), Burgess(22), Santos(19), Ntlhe (20), Payne(22), Anderson(18), Taylor(22), Newell(21), Maddison(20), James(19), Vassell(22), Washington(22).

Will be the youngest squad in League 1!! Hope to get them to the Premier League!!

For a long term save probably Barrow Afc in the Conference North with there new american owner Paul Casson who has completed a £600k takeover of the club and has revamped the squad in the summer for a promotion push!!

Peterborough United!!!

A team full of young hungry footballers which will be difficult to keep intact with talents such as Baldwin(21), Burgess(22), Santos(19), Ntlhe (20), Payne(22), Anderson(18), Taylor(22), Newell(21), Maddison(20), James(19), Vassell(22), Washington(22).

Will be the youngest squad in League 1!! Hope to get them to the Premier League!!

Didn't realise their squad was so young, their potential will be fantastic, always had a thing for Peterborough, what with them having our legends son in charge an' all ;)

Will start a game with Norwich, my home team with who they have bought in real life it doesn't seem like I will need to bring in many players into an already excellent squad. Will also put a gillingham save on the closest pro team to where I was born. Since they are in League 2 should prove to be a good challenge in previous versions but I have only managed to get them as far as mid level championship team. Hoping to get them over the next hurdle into the premier league

Will start a game with Norwich, my home team with who they have bought in real life it doesn't seem like I will need to bring in many players into an already excellent squad. Will also put a gillingham save on the closest pro team to where I was born. Since they are in League 2 should prove to be a good challenge in previous versions but I have only managed to get them as far as mid level championship team. Hoping to get them over the next hurdle into the premier league

Yeah, I plan on having a long Norwich save.

I really want to do a unemployed, sunday league rep journeyman save with the new game so I'll probably start with that. With many leagues (and potentially edited leagues) loaded of course.

But also I want to do a Liverpool save, Newcastle save, Peterborough save, Brighton save and also (if and when the edit to tier 10/11 is released) a Horsham save :brock:

It would be tempting to try Real Madrid but I can imagine getting sacked within months, as success will be expected early on.

Though, i'm more inclined to start with Liverpool (the team I support more than my second club - above). I want them to win the league, because (even in-game) I can't see it happening in real life at the moment.

Since i love Calcio football then U.C. Sassuolo could be my number one team, firstly because they finished 17th last season i think, a spot above drop, should be tough first season.

And they do have young and good prospect squad! Zaza, Berardi, Vrslakjo (sorry!), Taider, and some veteran like Cannavaro. And the third reason could be their coach slightly looks like Jurgen Klopp :D

And then A.C Milan ( my favorite team ), Persija Jakarta ( my local team ) and some teams in less popular leagues ( hello Norway and Serbia!)

Probably Toronto or New York Red Bulls. Second one would be interesting as Henry and Cahill will be coming to the end of their careers, so passing on their skills to any newly drafted kids would be interesting.

Maybe an AFC Bournemouth game as well. Come on the Cherries

Hull City I really have fallen in love with them since the days of Phil Brown, and there most recent transfer dealings look amamzing to manage, I am doing one with them now on FM14 with an updated database but still going to do them first on FM14

Peterborough United!!!

When I took them to PL (1 year in L1 2 in C, playing Possesion football), Anderson, Baldwin, Newell and possibly Ntlthe were good enough for the PL. I would do them again, but unless I support them, I hate managing teams, two editions in a row.

As a lifelong Manchester United fan, it has been tradition for me to always start every FM game with a United save, it is always a nice way to get into the game, see what it's like and to also see how well I can do with the team I support.

After that I go whatever team takes my fancy, I normally like a decent challenge and I have always found Lyon to be a fun team to manage and a decent challenge, with the view to bringing youth through the system and making a strong youthful squad.

But really any team that takes my fancy it can often just be a random thought of I fancy being 'Everton' today and I will just start a save and go for it.

Coventry City - My Team, have a good squad this year and things look sorted with the Ricoh stadium for the moment.

York City - Always have a save game with York City, kind of a tradition dating back to CM 01/02

Then a Journeyman career, load up a bunch of leagues and see where I end up.

Even though I've got the latest transfer window DB, I'm holding off on starting a fair few new saves for FM15 so I can have something fresh :D

The teams I'm lining up to start out with when the game comes out are:

Manchester United - The club I support, and with the way the transfer window has gone, I can't wait to get going with them! It's going to be really interesting to see what SI has done with them stats and performance wise too.

Queens Park Rangers - My local team who I follow. Again, they've only just got promoted and signed some great players like Sandro and Eduardo Vargas, so it'll be a good challenge to try and build them up.

Fulham - Love the club, I've seen them play a few times at the cottage, and now being in the championship is a great excuse to bring a lot of the excellent youths into the first team, a proper project!

Borussia Dortmund - Was always planning on starting a save with them on the new game, but now with Kagawa I feel there's even more reason to! Brilliant squad, now with some added depth compared to last seasons squad, will be interesting to see how Ramos and Immobile hold up.

AS Roma - Another club who had a groundbreaking transfer window, they've got a very talented, young squad, with a few wonderkids like Iturbe, Paredes and Sanabria, and also the legend that is Totti! Will be fun to see how they fare in Europe.

Valencia - A team who over the past few years I've thought have been uninspiring, but now with Peter Lim behind the club they don't have the financial limitations holding them back, and have made some very interesting acquisitions, with a fair few young Portuguese and Argentinian talents being bought, along with Rodrigo and Negredo up front looking a formidable force!

As you can see, I plan to start a fair few saves when the game comes out :p So, who are you guys looking forward to starting with when FM15 comes out?

Can i ask where you got the latest transfer window update from?

Thanks

Depends how it draws me in. With FM13, I was playing right up until a week or so before 14 on a save, still enjoying it. With 14 I managed one save that I enjoyed, the rest just not grabbing my attention, or bugging out.

I'll definitely be trying a general journeyman save, with or without the tetradecagon stipulation. Possibly one with my club Partick Thistle too. Beyond that I'll probably delve into the editor and make up some more interesting challenges, or just see where the game takes me.

Borussia Dortmund-The team i have always had a sweet spot for since i was young (and i mean young)

Cardiff City-Been a season ticket holder for many many years and i'm really looking forward to tearing up the championship with King Kenny (Jones that is)

Plymouth Argyle-Fantastic club with a strong youth system and another one i have a sweet spot for (my first away game ever was Cardiff vs Plymouth in the championship and Cardiff won 3-1 i think it was)

Archived