Minimum fee release clause (foreign clubs)

Probably a stupid question, but I'm managing in Wales and am wondering if, for the purpose of this clause, clubs from the other UK leagues are considered foreign?

I would say yes, the only exception would be if you were playing as one of the Welsh sides in the English Leagues then other sides in the English leagues wouldn't be able to activate the clause, but Welsh teams playing in the Welsh leagues would. (Going off how the Bosman ruling works in the UK - English sides can only offer contracts in the last few weeks whilst Scottish sides for example can offer contracts to players based in England from Jan).

Not sure. As players from UK & Ireland are considered non foreign in England si I'm not sure if the other nations have the same rule. This to do with league rules and transfers especially by bypassing the U18 foreign transfer rule. So it's unclear.

The U18 foreign rule has no bearing for inter-UK transfers as all home nations are EU members where U18's are free to move countries within the EU (there are some Education clauses IRL but these don't apply to FM).

Archived