Who never manages in his home country in FM?

I must have played in England many moons ago, in CM era maybe, but as long as I can remember I've done as Kriss does and stayed in South America. Had really enjoyable games in Peru, Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil, although amount of games is a turn-off. I think it is due to squad restrictions, only having three foreigners, and also high turnover of players and really awful finances. Compared to that Europe feels too easy, although in my current game I've moved from Argentina to Real Sociedad and it's been pretty fun.

I usually start off in the lowest league in England I can (I often use editors or downloaded leagues to achieve this). I find that whenever I start with teams outside of England, I get bored within one to five seasons. I just can't hack a long term save outside of England, ever. I wish I could, because I often get very good ideas for saves in San Marino, Faroe Isles, Chile, Afghanistan, Papua New Guinea, Gibraltar, British Virgin Islands, Belgium, Brazil, to mention just a few in the last couple of years, but they never end up long term enough before I tire of them and head back to the Motherland.

I usually start off in the lowest league in England I can (I often use editors or downloaded leagues to achieve this). I find that whenever I start with teams outside of England, I get bored within one to five seasons. I just can't hack a long term save outside of England, ever. I wish I could, because I often get very good ideas for saves in San Marino, Faroe Isles, Chile, Afghanistan, Papua New Guinea, Gibraltar, British Virgin Islands, Belgium, Brazil, to mention just a few in the last couple of years, but they never end up long term enough before I tire of them and head back to the Motherland.

Apart from the 1st sentence, this is me to a tee. I would love to do a journeyman style save both in South America for one save and round the world for another. But I always end up back at the Emirates (until around xmas when I usually get sacked because I'm rubbish lol)

I always start my save in England also at United, then I like to Journeyman around Europe, have never actually managed outside Europe, bar one time in FM 12 when I went to manage in Argentina. I just love managing in Europe, I might travel further out in FM 15 but for my remainder of my FM 14 I am gonna try and win as much as I can in Europe before 15.

I rarely managed in Scotland through my FM career. I used to always just play in England, because I was unimaginative, then when I returned to FM after FML, it was the likes of Stockport and Portsmouth (for no real reason, but got attached). Then it was journeyman saves, then finally a return to Scotland with Thistle late in FM13's life

Same for me... It's not like you can take a MLS team from nothing to world glory.

Yep, that's a big issue for me too. But in FM 2013 I did download a custom database someone made with a gigantic fictional tiered system and did a journeyman save. I think I started with Gulfport in like the 8th division or something. It was pretty interesting! But I didn't get very far and then took a break from FM for a few months before getting FM 14.

I always play with a lot of leagues so England is just one nation among many and whileI have managed a bunch of clubs there it's usually in the early stages of a career and only briefly. Take Ipswich out of the equation and it's only been a very small percentage indeed, especially since FM07. I've pretty much never managed in my other 'home countries' either.

I don't manage in Argentina since fm08, because researchers don't do a good job. It's hard to find a league as balanced as the argentinean one in real life (every year different champions and different teams fight for the title). But according to fm we're still living in the 90's (River, Boca and Velez are always far better than anyone else).

Yep, that's a big issue for me too. But in FM 2013 I did download a custom database someone made with a gigantic fictional tiered system and did a journeyman save. I think I started with Gulfport in like the 8th division or something. It was pretty interesting! But I didn't get very far and then took a break from FM for a few months before getting FM 14.

I've never played a custom database, but Lawlore wrote a series of stories based on his games in an American database that are top-notch (and sold the database pretty well too). Here's a link to one of them.

IFK Luleå is my local team. Sweden 1st division north. They are seme-pro team but in real life unlike fm, they are training every day. For some reason fm doesnt think you can do that. Also, they are in heavy red and it just goes on. Not like in real life either. But the worst, if you get em to swedish premier league, they still got a reputation as a lower team.

So, I don't play the swedish league.

Archived