Do any players care about the fans

It just could be that none of the players on the list have your club among their favoured. It could be another perfectly reasonable explanation. I do need to add I don't use the fans in a team talk often, only in games against the fierce rivals or big games like important cup games like the quarter finals onwards.

I've never seen any significant reaction from this teamtalk.

Same here and I just always figured it was the really safe one when you don't know what to say. Players won't be mad you brought up the fans, but it won't really inspire them either.

I've never seen any significant reaction from this teamtalk. Doesn't stop my assman from suggesting it every single match though.

I used it last night. 4 of the 11 were motivated and 1 fired up. Had a few listening keenly too.

I have noticed that players who love the club respond to it more. Also, just because the response isn't "green" don't just assume nothing happened.

The for the fans I typically use when the fans would actually care about the result more than normal. So in a major derby match, for example, I tend to use passionate + do ti for the fans, which tends to get a decent response from players most of the time.

This. Though I've started seeing one or two get nervous now from using that, ho-hum!

This. Though I've started seeing one or two get nervous now from using that, ho-hum!

You are putting pressure on the players too by asking them to perform in front of their fans. It seems that those players aren't coping then. Either that or the don't have the confidence to perform.

Archived