What would you do differently with this set up?

Morning Gents and Ladies?!

I was just curious what you all would do differently with this set up.

SK- D

LB- FB-S

CB- D

CB- D

RB-FB- A

DM- Anchor

CM- On the left S

CM on the right- A

AML- IF- A

AMR- AP- S

F9/DLF- S

Fluid with control

Retain possion, shorter passing, pass into space, push higher up, hassle opponents, stay on feet, run at defence, play wider, exploit the middle.

Beofre I take this to the teams again, I would like feedback based on this information. Had a very successful spell with Bayern for 4 years before I lost the save, but then again, it is Bayern and they have class players.

I have a feeling there are some contradictory TI.

How would you improve this tacticall set up.

How is the interaction between your CM/A and AP/S? Since CM/A usually advances supporting the flanks and AP cuts inside they might be struggling to find space as they are occupying the same one. Perhaps changing the AP to a W and your CM/S to a DLP/S or your CM/A to an AP/A will get a more fluid football on your right side.

Also you are playing with FB's which is okay but i'm afraid with that setup WB's would help more on the attacking phase, i'd keep a FB on the same side of your AP if you change it to a W tho'.

Some other points, you might be using too many specialized roles for a fluid mentality, i'd also remove some of your TI's.

Control is already quite possession based, although quite attacking at the same time, with retaining possession you might lose key passes due to your players being more conservative.

Also disagree with the shorter passing due to the formation itself, especially if you are against teams that play with a DMC i'm afraid that along with the retaining possession that you often will end up losing the ball giving your opponents a chance for a quick counter attack.

Push higher up, hassle opponents, run at defence, those are a lot of pressing options for control which already has quite an high defensive line, also reducing the space you have on the front. I'd definitely remove run at defense as in my opinion is the most extreme of them all.

Play wider & exploit the middle & shorter passing & keep possession, to me it doesn't make sense, what middle are you exploiting? Your DMC is static, you have both CM's that might sometimes actually get the ball at the AM line or your striker, but then what options do they have? Perhaps your attacking CM will run into the box or your IF and they manage to do a through ball but that seems dreamy against good defenses. Exploit the middle also makes your team play narrower, at the same time you are telling them to play wider. I'd remove exploit the middle as in my opinion the option that's probably crippling most of your play.

Hope it helps, best luck.

Spot on mate. will attempt those changes and start again tonight with my beloved Villa!

I guess my rationale behind Play WIder and explaoit the midde was to stretch the play then exploint the runs inside by by IF CMA and F9 when he gets forward. Hoping that my FB a and FB S keep the width when they cut in a little. I guess I dont really undertsand that request as much as I should. I get your point about the way you are explaining it to me though!

Its pretty solid defense wise. I think its quite balanced. Will change to rigid/balance. Rmove Exploit Middle, and take away pass shorter. and remove the push higher up and hassle opponents. See how that goes with my Villa team tonight. Will post screenies when I get home from work.

Archived