Positions should not take up player's CA: it should be tied to versatility

Definitely not another "remove CA&PA!" thread.

My gripe is that teaching a maxed out player a new position causes a decline in all his technical, mental and physical abilities, and while I understand the logic behind it, it is not very realistic. IRL if a striker learns to play on the flanks as well, he does not become slower, for example. I didn't see Lahm suddenly lose passing ability after Pep made him play in central midfield.Of course, when player is being taught a new position, it is out of his normal training, but the only effect it feasibly has is making him develop his abilities more slowly.

So how would I arrange the matter of teaching players new positions? I would keep everything the same except for one difference: remove the tie between CA and positions and make the amount of positions a player can have be solely dependent on his versatility stat. A player with 1 versatility would be able to play only one position and never learn to play anywhere else. A player with 20 versatility can learn to play any and every outfield position(if he is given the required training).

I would like you to now reflect on the geniousity of this idea for a few minutes. And post your thoughts afterwards.

CA isn't directly tied to position, its tied to attributes and whilst not an ideal situation I'm not sure how else it could work, at least not without a severe overhaul to attributes/CA and how they work in the ME.

If you don't adjust attributes to reflect his new position it would lead to him having a much higher CA in terms of attributes than he was at before which would have a knockon effect into the ME.

wait so hold on if i teach players new possitions they decrease in ratings???

what's the logic in that?

More attributes become important to that player so receive a higher ratio and take up more CA points.

Worth saying though if you make logical decisions you'll hardly notice it DC>DL DM>MC etc. If you start doing DC>ST it will be much more noticeable.

All playing players out of position does is affect his decision making. So if you have a player with 20 decisions I would not bother training him past competent if I planned to play him there on a rotational basis.

On the CA thing positions taking up CA is not ideal but it is largely realistic as a player who can play multiple positions would be (majority of them) jacks of all trades masters of none. Take Thierry Henry for example. He came to Arsenal as wide player and was converted to a striker by Wenger where he was elite. When he went to Barcelona he was played as an Inside forward and wasn't half the player. So you can see how multiple position cam reduce a players ability.

A solution I see and I think is what you were getting at is. If his versatility is high the amount his attributes drop should be limited.

Archived