The players are complete idiots

So one of my players was concerned that he wasn't seeing enough first team football and wanted to leave. I let him know what I would let him leave. Seeing as I am coming up to the closing staged of the season, I figured he would be smart enough to realize that I would be able to sell him once the transfer window opens.

Anyway, the season is almost coming to an end and he has requested a transfer. His reasoning was that he is angry at me because I broke my promise that I would sell him. But how the hell am I supposed to sell with before the freaking transfer window opens?! This is so stupid.

And also, he is going to angrily request a transfer because he is angry at me and the fact that I supposedly broker a promise when he first requested a transfer? Makes no sense.

Agreeing to sell a player gives you a deadline of one month to attempt to do so. If progress hasn't been made by that time he will become upset, as you have broken a promise. You don't actually need to get a confirmed transfer, offering him to other clubs will show him that you're trying, and that should be good enough.

Players can be sold at any time its just that the move can't be completed until the next transfer window.

True, but I very rarely get offers for players outside of transfer windows.

Players need to be more willing to accept having to wait a month or two to get sold, particularly towards the end of a season.

Archived