In voice microphone clicker on 3d match engine

Don't know where this thread belongs but it's a idea for future fm versions I suggested to my mate while playing football manager 2014 that it would be a nice idea to have a invoice microphone clicker on 3d match engine so you can actually tell your players what to do verbally but it runs through a clicker and only works if

You have a microphone on your laptop or PC and runs defaultly through that, you could shout and say simple things such as push up, go long, mark a specific player, this invoice microphone

Could also improve press conferences and could only recognise words that are football related and basic language, the press conference could be live and the reporters speak to you

What do people think?:)

Not a bad idea and possibly something to be incorporated eventually but I think we are several years away from it being a viable working option.

Probably not. Leaving aside the press conference stuff, the rest is possible nowadays.

Personally I think it's a terrible idea though.

I like this idea, it would increase immersion.

Associating a list of voice commands to shouts that already exist shouldn't be a huge amount to implement. We'd have to find a way to avoid the recent "xbox on" advert fiasco though :)

Is there any way to configure VoiceAttack to do something like that?

I already use VoiceAttack (sometimes) to navigate to the news screen, squad, shortlist, tactics etc.

I suppose it can be done but it'll probably be quite tedious setting it up.

Not a bad idea and possibly something to be incorporated eventually but I think we are several years away from it being a viable working option.

The technology already exists and works pretty well - we are several years past when it became viable. It's not even that difficult a thing to implement. On Windows (Vista and above) at least there's a pretty easy to use API for speech to text and from there you are pretty much done.

That said, I'm not sure how much this feature would really get used? Most people don't listen to the sound in the game. Speech to text engines are more than 90% accurate, so not enough for dictation (IMO), but possibly enough for voice commands to work well. They can be made more accurate by limiting the commands (eg: XBox One) or by dedicating a ton of resources to it (eg: Siri, Google Now, Cortana), but there are clearly solutions to this problem out there - the question is if SI think it's worth the trouble to implement.

The technology already exists and works pretty well - we are several years past when it became viable. It's not even that difficult a thing to implement. On Windows (Vista and above) at least there's a pretty easy to use API for speech to text and from there you are pretty much done.

That said, I'm not sure how much this feature would really get used? Most people don't listen to the sound in the game. Speech to text engines are more than 90% accurate, so not enough for dictation (IMO), but possibly enough for voice commands to work well. They can be made more accurate by limiting the commands (eg: XBox One) or by dedicating a ton of resources to it (eg: Siri, Google Now, Cortana), but there are clearly solutions to this problem out there - the question is if SI think it's worth the trouble to implement.

Yeah, basic voice commands could be done pretty well, but anything beyond that would be pretty inaccurate unless, like you say, they devote considerable resources to something pretty minor that most people wouldn't use.

To expand on my "terrible idea" comment (which was harsh) since I'm here, I would personally never use it. I've never played with sound, and whenever I install/reinstall, that's the first setting I go to to make sure you don't get that monotone roar in every game. What I would be interested in though - and this might already be possible - is some kind of more intuitive way of navigating menus on screens where you can assign shortcuts to everything. If I want to switch to a certain playstyle (through a series of shouts) then I want to press one button and it happen. Similar idea to the voice commands, but without the need to physically talk to an inanimate object.

I can, and will, respect your humble honesty forameuss. :)

Furthermore, I think you can kind of already do what you're after via saving shouts (if this is what you meant).

You can also right-click on the very top area of the screen and assign shortcuts to tactics/squads etc..

Archived