Awful at Football manager 2013 and 2014

been playing these games my forwards can't score misses a lot of chances and a lot of target i am feeling frustrated that i can't sort it it and Si games are to blame the match engine in FM 2012 is better onthe old platform and instructions for the team and the players don't make sense and i am lost, My match prep is at full in the one game i played i said to finish in the top 10 i was top needed 7 points to complete it had 8 games to go lost 6 2 drawn finished 3rd from top went to the play off lost on both legs then a stupid takeover and got sacked what a lot of crap what are you doing to the game i love to play,do i buy FM 2015 is it the same crap :(:o:thdn:

Bad workman blame their tools springs to mind.

Its not SI's fault or the MEs that your strikers can't score, its yours!

The reason you liked FM12 is because you could exploit the ME by using a fast forward when there was no collision detection. Now that your strikers have to work for their chances and defenders can block runs off you need to adapt which you seemingly haven't done.

If you are interested in learning how to improve visit the tactics forum and read the the sticky threads about how to build tactics.

if you want a goalscorer look for a finishing stat above 16 and they'll score more chances then they miss.

Errr, my striker has never had a finishing stat above 16 (at its best it was 14). Infact, he's not even a striker, I've just used him as a false nine.

This game can be massively frustrating, but it is entirely possible to be successful in it. You have to be willing to put effort in though, and more importantly be willing to admit that you are doing things wrong. This is the most important thing, imho. You cannot start to learn how to improve if you cannot admit you are bad to start. If you want to get some help, head over to the tactic forums and either make a thread or read over some of the ones in there. They will give you some ideas to try, at least. And remember that you can do everything right and still lose, football is a game of fine margins.

Or, if you are really not having fun playing the game, just take a long break from it. Games are played for enjoyment, and if you are not enjoying it is there any point playing?

A Leeds Utd fan (as it appears) as it appears, blaming SI for them losing and prefering the easier FM 12. Sounds a little typical of anything connected with Leeds. I would recommend a book for you, an autobiography of a real life manager who gives a few general tips for managers. His name is Brian Clough :D

been playing these games my forwards can't score misses a lot of chances and a lot of target i am feeling frustrated that i can't sort it it and Si games are to blame the match engine in FM 2012 is better onthe old platform and instructions for the team and the players don't make sense and i am lost, My match prep is at full in the one game i played i said to finish in the top 10 i was top needed 7 points to complete it had 8 games to go lost 6 2 drawn finished 3rd from top went to the play off lost on both legs then a stupid takeover and got sacked what a lot of crap what are you doing to the game i love to play,do i buy FM 2015 is it the same crap :(:o:thdn:

Longest sentence ever. Well, I say 'sentence'...

Archived