Liam Gordon has the best publicist ever...

Sixteen years into a save, every time the transfer deadline comes around the press inevitably pops up with a question about "how close were you to signing Liam Gordon" (who I put a bid on maybe two years into the save.) After the failed bid, I had no further interest, no further dealings with Liam Gordon, and I watched from afar as he slowly decreased in value and eventually retired. But twice a year, the question, like a raven above my chamber door, kept coming: "How close were you to signing Liam Gordon?"

Twice a year, I have responded in a variety of attitudes, from bemusement to anger to outright profanity, but still the question keeps coming. In 2029, Liam Gordon is an unemployed assistant coach candidate...so...I hired him as a reserves coach. I'm hoping this will stop the questioning.

So, it's the mid-season transfer period, final day, here comes the press..."How close were you to signing Liam Gordon?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He's my COACH! Somehow, I think there's a bug somewhere, or Liam Gordon is the savior of Scottish football (but I know that's not the case.)

It's definitely one of those weird, very rare bugs that FM can throw up every now and then.

Many versions ago, I had a regen called Martin Buchanan. I was playing a hot seat save with a friend. No matter which club either of us moved to, Martin Buchanan would transfer across with us. This was fine when we were in the lower divisions, as he was a solid Championship potential player. When we'd progressed to Champions League football, it was less useful. We agreed we had to play him at least ten matches at every club we moved to.

I'm a bit surprised that you say it is a very rare bug.

I've had it in most of the transfer-windows on both FM13 and FM14, minus an x amount of the first few years in the game.

There's always a new name if i change club, but the question will more likely come than not.

Also reminds of a time many versions ago when Roberto Carlos always had to be mentioned in the commentaries, during matches, regardless of whether he was in the match or not.

He made some incredible runs, crosses and goals despite not being nowhere near the pitch.....nor the country the match was played in, for that matter :D

Archived