What role to best use this veteran genius ?

first of all, i wasn't really sure whether i should post this on tactics forum or good players forum, but since this is more of a tactical role problem, i decided to post here

hi all, so i have this player now, who was 32 when i bought him, he was transfer listed by request since Inter did not qualify for champions league that season, and he wanted to leave for a team that was qualified, so i managed to buy him somewhat cheap, and his pace and acceleration were still 17+, with 20 agility, his personality is model professional and he has very high natural fitness, so it's no surprise he is still world class level at 36

for 4 seasons i used a two striker tactic, which made him my top scorer and he also made lots of assists to the other striker while playing as a Trequartista, however, in the last two seasons i switched to a lone striker with two wingers and one AM C, and now i dont know what role to set him as

full size image: http://p.im9.eu/rivellinho-overview-profile-4.jpg

rivellinho-overview-profile-4.jpg

the tactic is a very fluid, slow tempo, short passing, high possesion with control mentality 4-2(DMs)-1(AM C)-2-1, which i intend for all players except the 2 centre backs to participate in the attack looking for chances, while everyone also helps in defense duties when we don't have the ball

the tactic is working great, i have other two strikers that score very frequently, and they can also play on the wings (which they play more narrower then when normal wingers are , however they are both highly physical and technical players, capable of dribbling, very high aerial ability, speed and finishing, however this striker's lack of aerial skills and declining physical skills are really taking its toll on him, so i was wondering what role i should play him as

currently im now in the pre-season, the results have been fantastic but not when he is playing, he only played against Vélez, Tigre and Middlesbrough

valencia-c-f-sad-fixtures-schedule.jpg

against Tigre he scored both goals, one from a lucky rebound and one from a header, which isn't his strong suit, Vélez apparently slept during the second half, as 8 goals were scored in the second half, this player scored 4 goals in this match, but they were all silly rebounds and most plays that led to the goals came from the wingers, against Middlesbrough i tried setting him as a trequartista, but the attack didn't work like in the other matches

so with these results its clear he is not fitting very well into the team tactic, i still think he is capable of doing much more even at 36 and i want to renew his contract for more years as i really like him, the issue i think is that a trequartista up front doesn't seem to work very well, the other two strikers play as Complete Forward (Attack) and Advanced Forward and do much better

here is a quick overview of the tactic:

valencia-c-f-sad-tactics-overview-6.jpg

valencia-c-f-sad-tactics-overview-3.jpg

it can either be with wingers on support, or more narrow scoring minded wingers if other striker players are played as wingers, like in the one below:

valencia-c-f-sad-tactics-overview-4.jpg

most chances i create consists of aerial chances, short passes from the wings, and through balls from the middle or wings, and instructions can be changed to play through the middle if wingers are having a hard time, and i also cut the through balls if i'm having trouble keeping possession

it may suit his attributes but doesn't work tactically, no goals or assists 4 games and about 6.5 average rating

How do you expect him to work when a treq drops deep, AP support stays deep? There is no forward support or anyone for him to be creative for seeing as both the wide players are wingers and not really a threat. If the striker drops deep then you need the AMC to be offensive so they can link up. If you use a striker who stays high then its a case of having people around him to give him the ball and support him.

Archived