Indian Super League

• 2 weeks later...
It's a masters league (Over 35s I believe) so outside the FIFA football structure.

No point in it being in future FMs and won't last 2 minutes in the real world.

Nope, it's sanctioned by the AIFF. Players from the Indian national team have been drafted to ISL teams. (in addition to the marquee players, which may be where you're thinking it's a masters league)

And given the problems the I-League is having with club licensing, entirely possible the ISL could end up supplanting it.

Eh, I can see why people would like it, but the seasons only run for about 3 months (correct me if I am wrong) so it'd get boring fast. I can see it being a bit like MLS. Confusing rules with old players who are past it.

I agree with barto123, give it a few years and see what the league is like. I am sure someone will make a database for it anyway.

Eh, I can see why people would like it, but the seasons only run for about 3 months (correct me if I am wrong) so it'd get boring fast. I can see it being a bit like MLS. Confusing rules with old players who are past it.

I agree with barto123, give it a few years and see what the league is like. I am sure someone will make a database for it anyway.

That is so untrue as an MLS fan. :p

Anyways it depends which league is eligible for the AFC Cup, and that league is probably the I-League.

The Indonesian league system is a mess yet the Super League structure is the same as before. So probably there will be no changes.

Archived