Getting fm15 on launch day or later?

Launch day or later?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Launch day or later?

Always later. FM games are always in a near unplayable state on release day despite the demos and BETAS that are released.

I'm enjoying my save on FM14 and it could easily run until Fm15 comes out so I am in no rush to buy even if it was playable.

Always later. FM games are always in a near unplayable state on release day despite the demos and BETAS that are released.

I'm enjoying my save on FM14 and it could easily run until Fm15 comes out so I am in no rush to buy even if it was playable.

This, sort of. I thought 14 Beta wasn't actually that bad, then it just turned into a 'patch this, break something else' fest. That said, I wasn't actually going to get 14 until post-patch but I got a key and bought it on the cheap, plus a mate of mine harassed me to review it for him since I told him not to get 13 and he was sitting around playing 12 hah.

So I won't be getting the Beta this time and I'll probably stick with 14 until 15 is on a super-sale or 16 is about to come out. Depending on the feedback on these forums of course.

This, sort of. I thought 14 Beta wasn't actually that bad, then it just turned into a 'patch this, break something else' fest. That said, I wasn't actually going to get 14 until post-patch but I got a key and bought it on the cheap, plus a mate of mine harassed me to review it for him since I told him not to get 13 and he was sitting around playing 12 hah.

So I won't be getting the Beta this time and I'll probably stick with 14 until 15 is on a super-sale or 16 is about to come out. Depending on the feedback on these forums of course.

Why dont you play the demo yourself at any given point, as it gets updated? I've never really understood the waiting for others feedback on something like this. You can never be sure their views fit yours.

I have been wondering for a while - are they touching up the current ME fixing the odd things like over-emphasis on smaller AI teams being able to beat Bigger Human teams, morale sending you on ridiculous losing streaks,far too many ways to fail as a seemingly basic/coherant tactic or improving the functioning of wingers in the advanced AML/R positions....or are they starting again from scratch which may be needed but would result in ridiculous amount of bugs and going through all the frustrations again.

Increasingly, every year I am becoming disillusioned with football manager and what it wants from me, I've played football to a standard higher than most on this forum and I understand football styles and what is expecting of myself in real life situations - but when it comes to this game it just does not make sense. The TI's and PI's do not give you comprehensive control over what your players do. Unless you can interpret a very basic ME and be bothered to spend half an hour on each match then most of it is just click and guess. For instance when controlling games and in possession, I would love to be able to tell my centre halves to drop deep to create space for the DLP/Regista whilst providing options to transfer the ball across the back four. In LLM, alot of football is played from 'channel balls' played over the top of opposition full backs into space, although adopting More direct passing and pass into space, this doesn't happen nearly enough, yet this style of football is extremely effective with technical full backs and quick wingers/strikers.

Yes FM12 was too easy, FM14 is too hard, Hopefully FM15 is somewhere in between where everyone can enjoy it without finding it too easy. As for buying it, I'll say no everyday til release date but I just know I will have to get it. But the FM is really on it's last legs as a series for me. I'm getting to that stage in my life where there's more things to do other than sit in front of a computer screen for hours on end screaming at the completely unrealistic scenarios I've found myself in for the last two versions. Last chance FM - last chance!!

I'm not sure since I skipped FM 13. If I was to buy Fm 15 I would normally get it on release day.

With FM 12 and skipping the next I had only a gameplay time of 400 hours and now FM 14 is like below 300 hours.

I think I would have to say I would skip FM 15. Plus I would rather not face this kind of a ME again. Good but slightly unrealistic at times.

Fenech is releasing his ultimate stars and legends DB today, and if that is half as good as it looks like it will be, then I suspect I'll be happy playing a few saves on that and waiting for FM15 until the final patch comes out in Feb.

I'll probably skip it too. Getting real sick of SI waiting till the last month to give us info about it. Theres no competition for the game to bother doing this. In fact no other game series even does this. Absolutely pointless.

i´ll definetly wait.

I love manager games, and also play pro cycling manager. FM and pcm are roughly 6 months apart, when it comes to release date. So while i play one game, i´ll happily wait for the other to be patched - not necessarily fully patched - but close to.

Off topic: been a while since i posted, but has there been any news regarding fm15?

Later. Because I don't want to sit through one iteration of the ME where wingers never cross, and then another iteration where there's either no long shots or loads of long shots all the time. Happens with every version.

With the secrecy about features until just before release and the condition of previous games on release day, I hope to be happily playing "Sid Meier's After Earth" around release date, and I'll wait until the price goes down and the patches are released before buying FM 15.

quality of release day versions has been very poor. made the mistake of buying early for fm 12 and 13. bought fm 14 slightly later but not late enough.

will probably be buying in april or june next year. not impressed with the quality of game produced by SI anymore.

I got FM14 near launch in the knowledge that I could give something back by bug reporting, but when the last patch rolled round and I found that FMC was still affected by random bugs making reserve teams unusable I lost heart. This time I'm going to wait until I read that FMC works.

Why dont you play the demo yourself at any given point, as it gets updated? I've never really understood the waiting for others feedback on something like this. You can never be sure their views fit yours.

Never really liked the demos to be honest. And I've had FM since the CM2 days, with the direct football bug (somethings never change!) but anyway, I know in general which forums have the more sensible users who can provide the right sort of feedback I look for.

Will see how my FM14 career pans out first. Won't buy FM15 till I'm finished. So I can't tick either of those boxes.

Same. Sometimes I buy FM on release, sometimes later. Depends on how much fun I'm having in the old one. Once I completely missed a year because I was still really enjoying my save in the previous version.

I didn't get 14 until about March so there is no way I'll get 15 straight away. May not get it at all, I'll wait until they make an announcement and I hear from other players if the game is any better before I make up my mind.

Still learning FM14. When is release day? I just got FM14 on sale in March just before last patch.(in time to get hyped for World cup) I am enjoying myself and learning new things almost every game.......just learned how to give scouts better assignments. Even though my tactics are horrendous and don't really understand soccer that well.

But after problems with Rome2 Total War and EUIV.......I might wait on buying upon release.

I had an excellent save in FM13 with Leeds and said I'm not getting FM14 for a while. Came on here when Beta was released and instantly got green-eyed so took the plunge. Took until April to get into FM14 and I'm in the exact same predicament again!!

I guess what I'm getting at is the poll needs a third option

Archived