serious question regards to FC Barcelona in FM 2015

I would NOT expect this to be implemented in FM15.

Already Barcelona seem to be saying that won't accept the decision and try yet another appeal. If this happens then i can't see a final decision reached by the time FM15 comes out. With it still being undecided i can't imagine SI implementing such a sanction.

The ban is currently in place for 2015. So it only becomes incorrect if the CAS appeal wins.

Would prefer to have it in the game (unless CAS overrturns before the game is released) but not hard-coded, so that it can be removed by a user if they choose.

Most likely, but I think everyone should be concerned about Barcelona, Xavi is getting on, Ivan Rakitic isn't exactly Iniesta or Xavi. Real Madrid will dominate the next few years... but Barcelona will have a big transfer kitty available to them when the ban is over.

It has already been sanctioned, they are just appealing with CAS against the decision. Although CAS could possibly overturn it, it would make more sense that it was implemented because it currently stands.
The ban was initially sanctioned in April but during an appeal process the ban was lifted until a decision, hence the massive summer spending. I would expect that to be the same case when it goes to CAS, so IMO it won't be in FM15 unless the appeal is heard quickly.

Although there's a while until the next window now and CAS don't seem to mess around too much when coming up with decisions, or at least they didn't in the case of Suarez and Legia saga's. It's Fifa who drag these things out because they are waiting for all the bribe money to come through the letter box.

Tbf, in both of those cases they had to be dealt with quickly (Uruguay had a game a few days later and Legia's was within the fortnight) so I'd be surprised if there was another hearing in time for the release of the game

Most likely, but I think everyone should be concerned about Barcelona, Xavi is getting on, Ivan Rakitic isn't exactly Iniesta or Xavi. Real Madrid will dominate the next few years... but Barcelona will have a big transfer kitty available to them when the ban is over.

Yeah they looking really bad at the moment! :rolleyes:

Messi, Saurez & Neymar as front three and Rakitic basically carried Sevilla to the Europa League last year! He's a top act.

If it hasn't been absolutely ratified, or if there is any doubt come the data lock, then it won't be in there. That's pretty much the policy with any data issue I think. I imagine they'll err on the side of caution and not include it.

SI have often said that in essence, this post summarises their position pretty accurately. The exact position at the time of data lock will be looked at and decisions will be made, but only at that point.

Archived