Does anyone else think goals stats are too low

You rarely see a transcendent players score anywhere near the amount of goals they score in real life. Messi rarely crosses 20 goals in league play in my game, same with Ronaldo.

The top goalscorer in the premier league never crosses 25, even when I went on vacation for 20 years. Anyone else notice this?

Are you running Spain with full detail match processing? The default setting when you're not managing there is quick match processing & we are aware of issues linked to goal distribution when using the quick engine.

I use the full match engine for all competitions on my career save, Messi has a goal record of; 43, 57, 46, 39 & 27, C.Ronaldo comes in with; 22 (injured for half a season), 38, 27, 32 & 32, these are lower than rl but he is player less due to niggling injuries & squad rotation at a club overloaded with AMR/L talent.

I play on full detail and have never seen AI players come in with a goal record like Messi's there. I've never noticed it as a problem, I just figured it was hard to represent real life so accurately without massively overpowering some players and creating too many unrealistic goal tallies.

I just figured it was hard to represent real life so accurately without massively overpowering some players and creating too many unrealistic goal tallies.

Same here. They're a level above other players in real life, but that scope isn't available in FM.

best I have had in FM14 is Alberto Cerri scoring 60 goals in 52 games and his overall record playing for me is 662 goals in 667 games. Perhaps more surprising is Jerome Sinclair's international record of 125 goals in 150 games for England!

I would have said yes it was too low, but then I got a new striker, who was quite amazing and scored 32 league goals in the Serie A. This is in a Trequistaria role, so he also got 20 assists and my other attacking players also got over 15. the runner up. But the next season in the Serie A no one got over 20 goals (although i had left my club and i think my tactic was pretty good).

Archived