Most Competitive League

In the past, I used to play as Man City but my first love was always Barcelona... Now I always have this quarrel with my brother who's as hooked on the game like I am.(he's manutd).. He always says my league the BBVA isn't competitive.. But I beg to differ. As far as I know, apart from the supposed big 4, the rest of the teams are not as good as the rest of the league in Spain apart from we and Madrid. Also, the fact that big players are moving to the BBVA in real life, is proof of that.. But what I wanna know is.. Those of you that manage the mid table clubs should know.., which league has the better mid table clubs in the top division? Is the fact that irl the BBVA teams have performed better in Europe any proof? How are the clubs in the two leagues doing in your game? Which is more competitive? And please be objective.. There's this theory that the epl is over hyped.. So pls be objective.. Which one has the better mid table teams in the game (fm14)

I'd say that 10 years ago the EPL was far more competitive. Now - not sure there is a difference between the BBVA and the EPL. The big teams in England are so much better than the rest that I'd say the situation is pretty much the same in both leagues. If anything it might be easier for a small team in England to catch up due to a much more fair distribution of the TV income.

I'd say that 10 years ago the EPL was far more competitive. Now - not sure there is a difference between the BBVA and the EPL. The big teams in England are so much better than the rest that I'd say the situation is pretty much the same in both leagues. If anything it might be easier for a small team in England to catch up due to a much more fair distribution of the TV income.

The same teams are competing at the top of both leagues today,although in the EPL the top 4 has become a top 6 with one of 3 capable winning it and an odd one off challenge from a Liverpool or A Madrid.

The Bundesliga was looking to be competitive until Bayern pulled away again but Schalke and others with big attendances should make a fight out of 2nd place and CL spots,and it's homegrown players will add to the standard as long as Bayern don't snap up all the best ones.

With SKY,BT and the BBC telling us that the EPL is the best in the world it's difficult too argue considering the money they pay (then pass on to willing viewers) for televising it but the very best World Class players from it have all left to go to Spain and I think that Barcelona & R Madrid tip the balance towards the BBVA and most EPL squads would be as far behind them as the rest of Spain usually are.

Italy was always competitive with a number of big clubs competing yet is now struggling to attract the best players.

I wonder what boost the World Cup will do to the Russian league they have the Billionaires,they will get the Stadiums. Will Politics and the Weather continue too hinder it's progress?

Turkey is an interesting league. A fast growing emerging economy creating individuals with vast wealth,massive population and fanatical supporters could see it emerge as a top league.

In Spain you usually have the top 3 places locked up (Real, Barca, Atletico). After that there are several teams that play for the remaining European qualification places. You always have some bottom-of-the-table clubs (Levante, Numancia, Getafe, etc.) that get beaten badly by all the major clubs. In my experience it's relatively easy to build a team and make it to Europe (maybe even CL with that 4th place). On the other hand it's quite hard to establish yourself in the top 3-4 clubs because Real, Barca (and even Atletico, to a lesser extend) are just so much better than everyone else.

In England you have 5-6 teams that stand out at the top (Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool), although 1 or 2 of those teams usually tend to struggle a bit. After that the league is completely open, only a few teams are really lacking quality (e.g. Crystal Palace or Hull).

Personally, I have experience in both leagues. I've had no problems of dominating in Spain with Barca (winning 3 league titles and 2 CL titles in 3 years) but I failed to turn Villarreal into a CL contender (3 years at the club, finished 9th, 6th and 5th). In England I had no problems turning West Ham into a European powerhouse but I've never been able to completely dominate the PL, regardless of which club I took.

So all in all I'd say if you're one of the top 3 clubs the Spanish league is quite easy. If you're not Real, Barca or Atletico it's a very competitive league because half the league is playing for 2 or 3 European places (including that valuable 4th place behind the top 3). However, the Premier League is far more challenging in my opinion because there are a lot more teams that can potentially challenge for the title and even if you have a really good team winning the league is not a given.

Real and Barca (and maybe FC Bayern from Germany) might be the best clubs in the world but after that the dropoff in Liga BBVA is quite heavy. The PL is far more balanced and thus more competitive in my opinion.

La Liga? EPL? Nah dude, Tippeligaen was by far my toughest experience to date.

Hehe :) that's because all teams are equally horribly bad!

I'd support Rikulec though, the Championship is cut-throat. I struggled for quite a while before I got a lucky break and earned promotion through the play-offs.

ESP is not that competitive guys lets be real, it is competitive in terms of facing the top 3 REAL MADRID, BARCALONA, ALT MADRID.

they are most of the time close together in terms of points and near the end of the season thats when the pressure boils down to who can be the most consistent between the 3

in premiership there is always surprises, more surprises then ESP, who would of thought MAN CITY would be considered a top 5? or even 4?

ESP is not that competitive guys lets be real, it is competitive in terms of facing the top 3 REAL MADRID, BARCALONA, ALT MADRID.

they are most of the time close together in terms of points and near the end of the season thats when the pressure boils down to who can be the most consistent between the 3

in premiership there is always surprises, more surprises then ESP, who would of thought MAN CITY would be considered a top 5? or even 4?

Not surprising at all considering the oil money that's flooded the club.

Prior to the oil Sheiks buying Monaco and PSG, Ligue 1 was the most competitive top league in Europe. After Lyon's dominance a different club won it every year, until PSG of course.

For me the top league is La Liga BBVA, because you can only have 25 players like in the Premier League but only players 18 and under can play without registration, for me its a problem, specially because all my young talents are brought by my DoF or Youth Intakes.

• 2 weeks later...

The MLS is very competitive as well as A-League because of salary caps but very complicated especially MLS.

In Europe if this is your preference. I would say Spain midtable considering it is would be more rewarding and much more difficult than England because of the TV revenue disparity. I would think it would be easier to win the EPL starting with a League 1 team than La Liga with a midtanle team to start with. By thus I mean number of seasons to achieve it.

If your looking for suggestions Spain=Bilbao England=Newcastle due to their huge stadium for their reputation.

I would have thought it'd be something like the Conference Premier would be certainly up there with the lack of money in it, clubs not having much of it and only a few are full time professional as well as only 1 automatic promotion place with the next 4 teams going to the playoffs for the 2nd and final promotion place

The MLS is very competitive as well as A-League because of salary caps but very complicated especially MLS.

Very much agree with this. It can get a bit easier if the CPU isn't training up their superdraft players after 3-4 years, but prior to that it's pretty competitive as to who gets the best European players coming overseas. Also quite good fun to put together various workaround for the salary and deciding if you are even allowed a 3rd RB or not.

I think if we're talking purely how competitive a league is, I'd say BBVA & the EPL are somewhere near the bottom.

I.e. in the Premier League, (at least to start with) no more than 3 or 4 teams are likely to challenge, and in the BBVA, no more than 2.

Scandinavian leagues provide the most competitive leagues IMO.

Guys, yet another question I've been wanting to ask.. Does the "preferred tactics" on a managers profile change or his staff attributes? I don't use the editor so I don't know if those values can change...

Yes they do change.

And to answer the topic question, i would vote for the EPL to be more competetive than La Liga for sure.

Archived