New Challenge help needed

I'm not the kind of person who starts a career game with Man Utd and win everything year in year out, I'm more of plucking a team from some remote random country in the lower depths of Europe only problem is there is so many to chose from. I've been pondering a save in scandanavia but have been put off with the difference when the season starts to the rest of Europe. So I am leaning towards Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary or Czech Rep but again so many teams to choose from, I am mainly leaning towards Slovenia because there a nice small country and there is lots of potential, Croatia again for the reason the league is dominated by Dinamo and would be interesting in building a team from the lower league into a potential challenge to them, Hungary on the basis well on the basis there Hungary there teams struggle year in year out to qualifer for the Champions league its been a fair few season since one made it to the group stages and then to build the national team into a force they use to be when Puskas played and finally Czech Republic no real reason then the fact its a lovely country which I have been to and enjoyed immensly, so I would very much love to hear any ideas of teams you'd recommend or any other challenges you'd recommend.

I am currently playing in Slovenia and it is a very nice little league. There is not a lot of money around at all, so you are pretty much going to have to survive on your youth academy, good scouting and tactics for the first few seasons before you can establish any kind of good money flow. I am playing with Olimpija, who are the biggest team from the capital Ljubljana. They are an average side, and my main aim is to challenge Maribor for dominance. Essentially the first team that makes it to the group stages of the Champ's League is going will go on to dominate everyone financially.

The only thing I dislike is that there are only 10 teams, so you play everyone 4 times. Although this means you can get to know your opponents a lot more intimately, it does lack variety. One nice thing as well is you can buy the rights to host a cup tie at home if you are facing a lower league side. I thought that was funny, especially when I did this and it turned out there were two legs!

I played as Sparta Prague in the 2013 and had a very enjoyable save there trying to establish them as a top side. The aim then was to challenge in europe, since I would dominate domestically. The players are of a higher quality than they are in Slovenia (think League 1 for Slovenia, I only have one player who has the quality to play top level European football). Hope this helps.

Hungary and Romania are good challenges, my particular favourites are Dinamo Bucharest and either Ferencvaros or Debrecen.

Have you thought about Israel? Greece? My main game this version has been with Panathinaikos but had a good game with Maccabi Haifa on FM2013.

I like a team that has some history but has fallen on hard times financially in recent years (Panathinaikos and Ferencvaros are classic examples of this.) More satisfying building them back up.

Archived