Keep track of what's happening in your football world

The question in short: How can I keep track of those worldwide stars in the game?

I like managing obscure leagues and clubs and build my reputation until I reach the top leagues. However, during the process I seem to lose track of the footballing news happening around the world. For example, (I'm currently in 2020 and I'm in some small country in Asia) I just checked the Liverpool squad and saw Fabio Borini went from clubs to clubs and finally go back to Liverpool as a global superstar, but I have no knowledge of this happening. I also lose track of all the spectacular regens emerging throughout the years. I think that the default news/subscription system is not set up to tell me such stories. I am looking for ways to make my subscription more "realistic", just like reading the sports headline on your daily newspaper, but not being overwhelmed by transfer rumours or media speculations.

I was thinking to shortlist the "worldwide" reputation players and make them appear in my inbox, but this seems to be highly unrealistic seeing my obscure club's name in his transfer interest list, even only being minor interest. :D

One for the wishlist- I would like to see a monthly 'football digest' or something like that would summarize top flight results, player news like transfers, major injuries etc. It could be set to cover players and clubs above a certain rep level, and would be a lot easier than the subscription method we currently have to use. After a few seasons, I tend to get tunnel visioned into my squad, league, etc. and lose that sense of the larger footballing world the OP mentions. Sort it out SI!!! ;)

Thanks for the above replies, I am actually aware of the trick of subscribing to different entities, I am more in need of a comprehensive scheme to get those updates AND not spammed my own inbox. For example I have already subscribed all the active top leagues with competition winners and transfer roundup news, but these seems not enough to cover all the big name transfer activities. However if I add "completed transfer" to the mix I'd get a whole lot more news feed such as U21 players going on loan to League 2. I'm trying to find the balance in between.

And I don't think individual player subscription is available anymore in FM14...

And I don't think individual player subscription is available anymore in FM14...

It actually sort of is, though it's not obvious and I can't confirm if it actually does what you'd want or expect it to. But the option exists within any news item you receive that concerns a certain player. Like this

YTDXgBQ.jpg

Not sure it helps, but worth a try I guess. Don't know how you'd produce the necessary news items in the first place though.

Archived