Attention: SEGA and all SI Mods. The state of this board.

Sy13

Hello all,

I have recently served another ban on this board for frivilous post reporting. I have been warned of this behaviour before and now I have decided to speak out.

In my opinion, some of the mods on this forum fall into one of these categories....

A/ They do not know what the rules are,

B/ They only apply the rules to certain users,

C/ They interpret the rules in any way they like to punish whoever they want.

That's the crux of it. In any event, they should not be mods if they are unwilling and unable to apply the rules evenly and consistently. Sadly, the vast majority of users that actually made this board great in the first place have moved on. I am very close to doing the same. What we're left with is a collection of keyboard warriors that want to wave their virtual-knobs all over the internet to make up for the seemingly lack of pleasure in their real lives. Now, I've been guilty in the past, of course I have. I've served a few bans, mainly for bad language but using *'s to cover up the offending words. I was right to receive those infractions. However, I have learned from that and I no longer use that approach. But it seems many other people do. Let's look at some examples from the Arsenal Thread....

Post 1444

EnterUsernameHere

Being better than **** players doesn't mean that Smalling is a good signing. My team has really poor options at left back but it doesn't mean England international Ryan Bertrand is a good signing.

Post 1466

PaulHartman71

can't remember what the paper was called, just meant in terms of printing utter fabricated ********

Post 1501

josh_b

God you're such a **** sometimes ajw. Wanting wenger sacked if he tries a very talented player in a position you have no idea if he's any good at ffs

Post 1506

josh_b (again)

There's a massive ****ing difference between trying out an midfielder who is terrible in the air at CB and trying out a central midfielder in a different role in central midfield ffs

Of course we need a defensive midfielder, but lets see how the summer shakes out before we start making spazzy "Wenger out!11!!1111" comments. What if Khedira and Bender say they don't want to move this summer and Southampton and Sporting outright refuse to sell? What then? ***** £30m on a fellaini because we need that DM? It's a possibility that no defensive midfielder good enough moves for a reasonable fee and we need to have a contingency if that happens.

Not to mention it's John Cross and the ****ing daily mail making these reports ffs

And this is the clincher....

Post 1430

aggressive minor

Sy is a yid, I see him at White Hart Lane sometimes.

So there you have it. I reported a post that is openly racist and not only was it ignored, but I got banned for reporting it!

Well done SI on hiring such a bunch of prats to wield their "power" on a family board. To be clear, racism on this board is just fine, go right ahead.

All the while I was once banned (quite recently too) for an obvious tongue-in-cheek reference to the unreliable leads on social media by replacing the 'i' with an 'a' in the word Twitter.

You only have to look through the Arsenal Thread for other examples of bad language. What I've listed above is a very small handful of instances. Users such as SJ234, CoulthardsJaw, ajw10 etc are just as guilty. But then again, the mods quite like them because they don't have different opinions therefore they don't have to play by the rules.

My question is this: if the powers that be are going to insist that everyone follows the rules, why aren't they applied evenly and fairly?

If you're only going to target certain users then you can keep it all to yourself.

Sy13

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, that was why your ban got extended, not the reason why you were banned in the first place.

Are you honestly going to bypass all the evidence of rule-breaking on this board that I've highlighted?

I mean, really?

Are you honestly going to hide the reason for your ban that I'm alluding to (probably because you know the other people on the forum will think "oh yeah, fair enough" when they read it)?

I mean, really?

This is why....

1) Your persistent and frivolous post reporting for trivial and baseless issues. Eg your "yid" and swearing reports recently.

2) Your anti social and inflammatory behaviour on OTF and FF. You frequently are rude and disparaging towards other users and is ruining the mood on the threads.

Apparently, being a total idiot only applies to me and not a large number of others that are far worse than me and swear/use racist terms as well.

Where possible we will use this points system to deal with users who continually break the rules, however as a forum we reserve the right to remove any user for any reason at any time.

:brock:

It was a ban in the hope he'd change his posting style: "Please try and watch the manner you conduct yourself with, and, the way you speak to people on the forums. Even by FF leniency - you have gone too far for too long."

It's almost like we take into account people's posting history when deciding on infractions...

You'll also notice that this thread popped up very soon after one of those reports.

:brock:

It was a ban in the hope he'd change his posting style: "Please try and watch the manner you conduct yourself with, and, the way you speak to people on the forums. Even by FF leniency - you have gone too far for too long."

It's almost like we take into account people's posting history when deciding on infractions...

You'll also notice that this thread popped up very soon after one of those reports.

So how do you excuse ajw10's and josh_b's posting style then?

Be consistent.

Who says we did? Unlike you, we (and most other posters) don't publicise everything that goes on behind the scenes.

Well, they don't have any infractions listed under their usernames. Bit of a giveaway really.

Fine, carry on promoting their behaviour, you're just proving my point.

Mods don't just use infractions to deal with users. There were two occassions in the past where I was PM by the mod about certain things. A quiet advice if you will. I am sure if Sy is not so rude and aggreesive most of the time to others, he wouldn't be infracted so easily. And you can't help but think he simply using the post reporting in trying to get those people who disagree with him an infraction.

The Championship thread can sometimes get a bit heated but I can't even imagine considering posting in the Arsenal thread (even if I was an Arsenal fan) with people like Sy in there. Must be so so crap.

On a forum such as this, the mods are kings. What they say, goes. There has to be some sort of regulation, which is open to personal interpretations. Sometimes the perception is fair, sometimes it's not. Sometimes it's a public warning, sometimes its not. That's the situation.

I'm not entirely sure what you're hoping to get out of this thread. It'll probably make people treat you even more unfairly. I mean, what's the best case scenario? Just sit down and shut up.

The Championship thread can sometimes get a bit heated but I can't even imagine considering posting in the Arsenal thread (even if I was an Arsenal fan) with people like Sy in there. Must be so so crap.

It was worse when they have the other guy there, who constantly calling Wenger a cancer for the club and such. Did he get permaban?

True Andy, I read those reports as Sy waving an imaginary card in the ref's face, he needs to lighten up, grow up and look up (to people like Retro who know how to dish out insults in a civilised manner :D

Just to clarify something, Sy was banned for Persistent anti social behaviour in addition to frivolously reporting posts. We're very lenient on swearing in FF and OTF.

What? Tipping over bins, having loud parties and the like?

No one else think that Sy might have a point?

No. There's no way he's outraged at the "yido" comment, it's faux outrage probably because that poster has called him an idiot before, because you know, he's an idiot. Context matters as well. Like those people who try to stop the Spurs fans calling themselves Yiddo's.

Archived