Scouts constantly preparing and never scouting... WHY?

Unless I put my scouts to scout a region/roaming and not a specific country they never actually start the scouting assignment. In order for me to get them to begin a new scouting assignment I have to cancel an old assignment and this deletes the database of reports that they have already scouted. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

In order for me to get them to begin a new scouting assignment I have to cancel an old assignment and this deletes the database of reports that they have already scouted. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

I thought those scouted players still appear in the Player Search screen, even when you cancel the old scouting assignment.

They can only complete one assignment at once.

So if you assign them to scout six countries they'll head off to the first one and the other five will be shown as "Preparing" until the first assignment is complete. Once it is it will ahow as "Finished" and they'll move onto the second one.

EDIT

How long are you waiting for the assignments to complete? Some can take days or weeks but others on bigger countries could easily take six months to complete.

They can only do one assignment at a time (well, not really), so if you have for instance set them to a region and many nations, the nations will just say Preparing for ever, because the scouting of a region will never stop unless you cancel it. If you have 'just' a selection of countries, the scout will go through them one by one. At the end, you can then restart them all, and he goes through them again, one by one.

Archived